A view of the future through kindergarten demographics

Today’s kindergartners offer a glimpse of tomorrow’s demographics. A new data analysis by Pew Research Center finds a big increase over the past decade in the number of states where at least one-in-five public school kindergartners are Latino.

A view of the future through kindergarten demographics Pew Research Center

When my daughter started K-5 twelve years ago one of the parents at meet the teacher asked if they would be getting any lessons in Spanish. The teacher said there wouldn't be any scheduled lessons but that they would definitely be hearing plenty of it.

Today’s kindergartners offer a glimpse of tomorrow’s demographics. A new data analysis by Pew Research Center finds a big increase over the past decade in the number of states where at least one-in-five public school kindergartners are Latino.

When my daughter started K-5 twelve years ago one of the parents at meet the teacher asked if they would be getting any lessons in Spanish. The teacher said there wouldn't be any scheduled lessons but that they would definitely be hearing plenty of it.

More languages you speak, the more employable you are.

If someone lives in the U.S., they need to speak English first and not expect the rest of us to learn their native language or be given special treatment in their language.

If someone lives in the U.S., they need to speak English first and not expect the rest of us to learn their native language or be given special treatment in their language.

Next Republican President needs to sign an EO making English the one and only official language of the USA. All Notices printed in English only

Not in this country for most jobs. The only language that is being pushed anyway is Spanish and that is due to the millions here illegally and non-assimilation by many more of that group. They should be adapting to our language not the other way around.

Next Republican President needs to sign an EO making English the one and only official language of the USA. All Notices printed in English only

I've heard for years that the English as a second language bunch wants to learn English and assimilate into society. I'm also a firm believer that the best way to learn a language is to USE it. What I find interesting about the ones I see is that they rarely use English. Why should they. Liberals have made it where they don't need to by printing everything in other languages.

If a Democrat President can allow criminals to stay through EO, the least a Republican President can do is provide an incentive for those saying they want to learn it to do so.

Not in this country for most jobs. The only language that is being pushed anyway is Spanish and that is due to the millions here illegally and non-assimilation by many more of that group. They should be adapting to our language not the other way around.

I agree. If I am going to live in another country, I'm going to learn the language and not expect them to cater to me in mine.

Forum List

Back