A Victory for the Asian-American Community

William Joyce

Chemotherapy for PC
Jan 23, 2004
Caucasiastan
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20070512/D8P31G880.html

I wonder, though, whether ethnic/racial bullying and hypersensitivity, when successful, is really a "victory." I wonder if many folks don't just feel bitter and frustrated that some groups are off-limits, while for others, it's open season. I can think of a few... and I'm not sure I'd bet they're just going to forget. I think these things have a way of coming around.

Do you ever post anything unrelated to race?

Yes, but this is my favorite issue, something that apparently exasperates both you and Mrs. Joyce. Given how often race and related issues are in the news, though, it isn't that disproportionate.

I also think people are sometimes made uncomfortable by the issue, which I think is itself interesting. You may not like to see it brought up again and again by me, but hey --- what do I have on Al Sharpton? This guy's making a LIVING doing live and in person for blacks what I do FOR FREE on the Internet for whites. Maybe I should start soliciting donations...

It'll be nice when people get smart enough to figure out how to be funny without making racial and sexist slurs.
That'll probably be the end of all "morning zoo" type radio shows as we know them and (please God please!) Carlos "trite hack" Mencia's career.
The world will be a better place then.

It'll be nice when people get smart enough to figure out how to be funny without making racial and sexist slurs.
That'll probably be the end of all "morning zoo" type radio shows as we know them and (please God please!) Carlos "trite hack" Mencia's career.
The world will be a better place then.

Eh? Funny is funny.. People should just stop taking everything so seriously all the time...

Whites are fair game for every other ethnicity; especially, in the comedy arena. The other way around, someone immediately squeals racism.

Oppression is not the issue. The huge, obvious double-standard is.

There are historical reasons it's funny when minorities rag on whites, within reason. They're the underdog. Honky is funny. The N word is not funny.

Cracka' please!

There are historical reasons it's funny when minorities rag on whites, within reason. They're the underdog. Honky is funny. The N word is not funny.

Cracka' please!

I disagree. There are no historical reasons that justify an obvious double standard, IMO.

I think ******, pollack, ****, broad, whatever are JUST AS funny as honky. Personally, I laugh at all the jokes and have no special reverence for anyone-or-thing.

Only the thin-skinned and/or racist opportunists do.

Forum List

Back