A Very Scary Article

Clintonista

VIP Member
Jul 6, 2016
Why the Scariest Nuclear Threat May Be Coming from Inside the White House

Please read all of it. President Trump has failed to appoint people to extremely important positions vital to our national security at the Department of Energy. The people he has appointed are just there to knock heads and do not have a clue what the DOE does.

“THE RISKS OF MISTAKES BEING MADE AND LOTS OF PEOPLE BEING KILLED IS INCREASING DRAMATICALLY.”

How to stop a virus, how to take a census, how to determine if some foreign country is seeking to obtain a nuclear weapon or if North Korean missiles can reach Kansas City: these are enduring technical problems. The people appointed by a newly elected president to solve these problems have roughly 75 days to learn from their predecessors.

Two weeks after the election the Obama people inside the D.O.E. read in the newspapers that Trump had created a small “Landing Team.” According to several D.O.E. employees, this was led by, and mostly consisted of, a man named Thomas Pyle, president of the American Energy Alliance, which, upon inspection, proved to be a Washington, D.C., propaganda machine funded with millions of dollars from ExxonMobil and Koch Industries. Pyle himself had served as a Koch Industries lobbyist and ran a side business writing editorials attacking the D.O.E.’s attempts to reduce the dependence of the American economy on carbon. Pyle says that his role on the Landing Team was “voluntary,” adding that he could not disclose who appointed him, due to a confidentiality agreement. The people running the D.O.E. were by then seriously alarmed.

There was a reason Obama had appointed nuclear physicists to run the place: it, like the problems it grappled with, was technical and complicated. Moniz had helped lead the U.S. negotiations with Iran precisely because he knew which parts of their nuclear- energy program they must surrender if they were to be prevented from obtaining a nuclear weapon. For a decade before Knobloch joined the D.O.E., in June 2013, he had served as president of the Union of Concerned Scientists. “I had worked closely with D.O.E. throughout my career,” he says. “I thought I knew and understood the agency. But when I came in I thought, Holy cow.”

Deputy Secretary Elizabeth Sherwood- Randall has spent her 30-year career working on reducing the world’s supply of weapons of mass destruction—she led the U.S. mission to remove chemical weapons from Syria. But like everyone else who came to work at the D.O.E., she’d grown accustomed to no one knowing what the department actually did. When she’d called home, back in 2013, to tell them that President Obama had nominated her to be second-in-command of the place, her mother said, “Well, darling, I have no idea what the Department of Energy does, but you’ve always had a lot of energy, so I’m sure you’ll be perfect for the role.”

The Trump administration had no clearer idea what she did with her day than her mother. And yet, according to Sherwood-Randall, they were certain they didn’t need to hear anything she had to say before they took over her job.

Why the Scariest Nuclear Threat May Be Coming from Inside the White House

Please read all of it. President Trump has failed to appoint people to extremely important positions vital to our national security at the Department of Energy. The people he has appointed are just there to knock heads and do not have a clue what the DOE does.

“THE RISKS OF MISTAKES BEING MADE AND LOTS OF PEOPLE BEING KILLED IS INCREASING DRAMATICALLY.”
So are you all stocked up on plastic sheeting, duct tape and living in your basement?

You want to be REALLY REALLY SCARED...........

b041de5a43176f241248ddc5806b2d86.jpg

Vanity Fair? LOL
Micheal Lewis is the author of several non fiction books. Why do you run from something you do not want to hear out of sheer ignorance?

I'm too busy being afraid, we're all going to die!!!!! :ack-1::spinner:
So you are an ostrich. That is what you came here to tell us. Thank you for stopping by.

You're welcome...look for boogeymen under your bed before you go nighty night

Perhaps the DNC should use floppy disks to protect their information from now on................

Bunch of losers,..............

LOL

A lot of people heard about the late author of political/military novels, Tom Clancy, but has anyone ever heard of Michael Lewis? As a matter of fact was Michael Lewis in hibernation during the scary Obama years when American Ambassadors were murdered trying to defend their embassies?

Forum List

Back