A very modest proposal about Russia

BackAgain

Neutronium Member & truth speaker #StopBrandon
Nov 11, 2021
Now a resident of a Red state! Hallelujah!
I believe we need to avoid falling into an age old trap. Therefore, I would urge everyone to step back a moment and contemplate this suggestion:

There is a difference between the Russian government and the Russian people.

I oppose Putin’s militaristic aggression and his evil policies and methods. I feel badly for the majority of the Russian people. At the moment, I feel even worse for the majority of the Ukrainian people.

History shows us that politics are usually similar all over. Most people did not vote for Hitler. Many Germans despised him and even tried to kill him. But a lot did agree with Hitler. Same in America, Most people did not vote for Biden. A lot of people don't vote. But a lot of people did vote for and agree with him and his policies. Some people agree with what he does, some don't. Then you have the ''grey area'' = some people agree with some leaders' policies and don't agree on their other policies. I would think it's the same in Russia. Some people agree with the invasion, some don't. Some that don't agree, agree that it is a necessary ''evil''. etc

Is your proposal that we differentiate between the Russian rulers and their people?

I’ve been doing that since I was a child in the 1970s and 1980s. The Russian people have not been free, ever. They have been manipulated and murdered by their leaders for hundreds of years. They ‘elected’ Putin - 99% of the vote! - because their elections aren’t free and fair like ours. The soldiers in the Russian army are conscripted - if they don’t go and fight, they get a bullet between the eyes at home. The Russian people protesting in the streets of Moscow and elsewhere are facing the gulag (which does still exist, whatever else Putin says) or death - not a misdemeanor ticket like Americans get.

My heart hurts for the people of Ukraine, but it also hurts for the people of the Russian federation.

History shows us that politics are usually similar all over. Most people did not vote for Hitler. Many Germans despised him and even tried to kill him. But a lot did agree with Hitler. Same in America, Most people did not vote for Biden. A lot of people don't vote. But a lot of people did vote for and agree with him and his policies. Some people agree with what he does, some don't. Then you have the ''grey area'' = some people agree with some leaders' policies and don't agree on their other policies. I would think it's the same in Russia. Some people agree with the invasion, some don't. Some that don't agree, agree that it is a necessary ''evil''. etc
All true. But not exactly the point. I don’t want blood lust to start boiling. I am free to hate Putin without the need to hate the people of Russia.

I wonder if God would object to a prayer that Putin’s life be very quickly snuffed-out and that Putin’s soul (such as it is) be received into heaven or paradise and that God chastises him and sends him to bed without dinner.

All true. But not exactly the point. I don’t want blood lust to start boiling. I am free to hate Putin without the need to hate the people of Russia.

I wonder if God would object to a prayer that Putin’s life be very quickly snuffed-out and that Putin’s soul (such as it is) be received into heaven or paradise and that God chastises him and sends him to bed without dinner.
I wish there was one person In Putin’s orbit - whether housemaid or military advisor - who had the courage of that young Ukrainian man who blew himself up to destroy the bridge to stop the Russian advance. One person who would lay down their life to take that motherfucker out.

I believe we need to avoid falling into an age old trap. Therefore, I would urge everyone to step back a moment and contemplate this suggestion:

There is a difference between the Russian government and the Russian people.

I oppose Putin’s militaristic aggression and his evil policies and methods. I feel badly for the majority of the Russian people. At the moment, I feel even worse for the majority of the Ukrainian people.
Have you noticed how Russia is jailing 1000's of anti-war protesters?
What amazes me is how those on this site act like it isn't happening. In retrospect to that, they bitch and moan about truckers in Canada being treated badly.

The right hasn’t done any such thing. Your lies are not even moderately persuasive. You’re simply a hack troll.

Fuck off ya worthless bitch.

What does Trump have to say about Putin being a genius and Russia being Peacekeepers in Ukraine?
What does Tucker Carlson say about the Russian invasion?

Why is CPAC unwilling to even discuss it?

Whose side are Conservatives on?

I wish there was one person In Putin’s orbit - whether housemaid or military advisor - who had the courage of that young Ukrainian man who blew himself up to destroy the bridge to stop the Russian advance. One person who would lay down their life to take that motherfucker out.
That's what we say about Hillary, obama, nancy pelosi AOC, Maxine, Biden, Kerry, Al gore...

We need someone like that in the US

Trump kept Putin in check
Trump is ON RECORD that he planned to withdraw the USA from NATO in his second term if he’d won. THAT is why Putin didn’t invade while Trump was in office - he fully expected ZERO defense from NATO when he put this plan into play under a second Trump administration. That long meeting between Trump and Putin, where nobody was allowed in the room except Putin’s interpreters- what do you think they discussed?! It was Trump’s plan - and his obligation to Vladimir - to get the USA out of the business of defending Europe and the NATO alliance. If Trump was in office right now, there would be no sanctions and Putin would be advancing beyond Ukraine.

What does Trump have to say about Putin being a genius and Russia being Peacekeepers in Ukraine?
What does Tucker Carlson say about the Russian invasion?

Why is CPAC unwilling to even discuss it?

Whose side are Conservatives on?
Taking words out of context again?

Trump is ON RECORD that he planned to withdraw the USA from NATO in his second term if he’d won. THAT is why Putin didn’t invade while Trump was in office - he fully expected ZERO defense from NATO when he put this plan into play under a second Trump administration. That long meeting between Trump and Putin, where nobody was allowed in the room except Putin’s interpreters- what do you think they discussed?! It was Trump’s plan - and his obligation to Vladimir - to get the USA out of the business of defending Europe and the NATO alliance. If Trump was in office right now, there would be no sanctions and Putin would be advancing beyond Ukraine.
We don't need Nato, we are Nato

We need someone like that in the US
You’re sick. Until we have a mass murdering tyrant, that solution is uncalled for.
Oh wait - there was retired Florida man who is directly responsible for thousands of covid deaths by convincing his followers to reject masks and vaccines. I guess you’re right - if just one Mar a Lago housemaid had the guts!

Forum List

Back