A very confusing playoff picture

antiquity

Gold Member
Sep 5, 2012
Northwest Peninsula
Which teams in the NFC have the biggest concern making it to the playoffs?

The 3-3 Seattle Seahawks who seems to be in shambles with injuries and internal player problems.

The 4-3 San Francisco 49ers who also has personal problems and injuries and a ship IMO that seems to be floundering.

The 2-4 New Orleans Saints who has seem to lost their way and numerous scandals have been a distraction.

The 3-3 Carolina Panthers who lead their division but grasping for the ring as it is slipping away.

The 5-1 Philadelphia Eagles who are tied with the Dallas Cowboys but have a tough schedule over the next couple weeks on the road.

The 5-2 Detroit Lions who seems to fall apart at the worst times. That and key injuries.

Right now it seem Philadelphia and Detroit have the upper hand over Seattle/San Francisco/New Orleans/Carolina.

Your comments...

To early to bail on Seattle or San Francisco, they still have the personnel to put it all together if they get healthy. Arizona, though not convinced yet is holding court in the division.

Carolina, New Orleans would have to win the division to make it to the playoffs. Neither team impresses me.

Dallas has the best offense and if they can stay healthy should win the NFC East. Philadelphia has two games against Dallas, and road games in Arizona and Green Bay, and Houston The road games include Carolina, Seattle and Tennessee, six of those games are tough games.

Green Bay and Detroit will battle to the end.

The wild card mess is that Dallas, Philadelphia, Seattle, San Francisco, Arizona, Green Bay and Detroit will battle for division titles and wild cards.

I could see 10-6 or even 9-7 being good enough for the wild card spots.

The last 4 weeks are the only ones that matter. Apparently the NFL sets up Division games for the last few weeks? That's all that really matters.

True the Hawks have hit a rough patch for a variety of reasons. They still have the same core of the team that won the SB. Many of the injured players will be returning soon and barring more injuries should be back on track to make some noise come playoff time.

We are a better team than our record indicates even with the injuries. All three of our losses have only been one TD or less. The fiasco last weekend in S L was a two point loss. It won't take much to right the ship.

True the Hawks have hit a rough patch for a variety of reasons. They still have the same core of the team that won the SB. Many of the injured players will be returning soon and barring more injuries should be back on track to make some noise come playoff time.

We are a better team than our record indicates even with the injuries. All three of our losses have only been one TD or less. The fiasco last weekend in S L was a two point loss. It won't take much to right the ship.

The loss to San Diego was 30-21, but yes, Seattle is going through what every other team went through last year and were pretty fortunate to avoid. Lots of injuries to key positions. Also Seattle isn't as deep in as many positions due to free agency, so injuries take a bigger toll. I expect them in the race for the rest of the year. The only real concern is Wilson had a great game and they still lost. That is cause for concern.

The 3-3 Seattle Seahawks who seems to be in shambles with injuries and internal player problems.

The 4-3 San Francisco 49ers who also has personal problems and injuries and a ship IMO that seems to be floundering.

The 2-4 New Orleans Saints who has seem to lost their way and numerous scandals have been a distraction.

The 3-3 Carolina Panthers who lead their division but grasping for the ring as it is slipping away.

The 5-1 Philadelphia Eagles who are tied with the Dallas Cowboys but have a tough schedule over the next couple weeks on the road.

The 5-2 Detroit Lions who seems to fall apart at the worst times. That and key injuries.

Right now it seem Philadelphia and Detroit have the upper hand over Seattle/San Francisco/New Orleans/Carolina.

Your comments...
Right now you have Philly and Dallas at 5-1 and 6-1 figure one will get a wildcard
Lions and Packers at 5-2 look for another wildcard slot
Hawks at 3-3 need to win their division

No way AZ can stay on top in the NFC West.

If Seattle loses in Carolina I'll start to buy in to the probability that they could have a difficult time making the playoffs.

If the Hawks win the next three and get to 6-3 they will be back on track. Most of the injured will be back so much of the preasure will be dissipated.

No way AZ can stay on top in the NFC West.

If Seattle loses in Carolina I'll start to buy in to the probability that they could have a difficult time making the playoffs.

If the Hawks win the next three and get to 6-3 they will be back on track. Most of the injured will be back so much of the preasure will be dissipated.
Seattle has to win the division. Right now they are behind Arizona and SF and are 0-1 in division play
They need to win 4 out of 5 of those games or else

As long as Russell Wilson learns how to be Black Enough I think the Seahawks will be just fine.

WTF does that mean?

From the OP: "The 3-3 Seattle Seahawks who seems to be in shambles with injuries and internal player problems."

There was an article this past week in a national publication..it may have been an internet publication that there has been trouble in the Hawk's locker room part of which was that Russell Wilson isn't "Black Enough" to suit several players.

As long as Russell Wilson learns how to be Black Enough I think the Seahawks will be just fine.

WTF does that mean?

From the OP: "The 3-3 Seattle Seahawks who seems to be in shambles with injuries and internal player problems."

There was an article this past week in a national publication..it may have been an internet publication that there has been trouble in the Hawk's locker room part of which was that Russell Wilson isn't "Black Enough" to suit several players.

"Internal player problems" may or may not have to do with race. San Francisco has internal player problems, so does the Falcons, the Steelers, the Jets, the Patriots and on and on. It doesn't mean racial.

Having not read the exact "internet" article that you have read and therefore having no point of reference, your comment is way out there. I still don't know what "black enough" means.

While I think that, especially when players are healthy, San Francisco and Seattle have the talent to be great teams, right now other teams have a lot of control over their playoff hopes.

If Dallas, Philly, Detroit and Arizona continue to win, the Seahawks and 49ers may find themselves on the outside looking in. Obviously the remaining divisional games are important, but as others have said, the NFC West may only send one team if Detroit/Philly/Dallas all continue to roll.

After Dallas loss last night, the playoff picture continues to be blurry.
At this point, it looks like the only team in the NFL who has sorted themselves out is Denver.

no surprise with the niners.i saw this coming as did everyone after the way they played so uncharistically in the pre season games.Harbaugh will be fired after the season.Never saw the seahawks playing as poorly as they have this year though or the cardinals being as good as they are.

was no surprise the donkeys got beat badly by the pats this week.the home team between manning and brady always wins those games.the donkeys have been dominating at home this year but very vulnerable on the road so this is no surprise to me.I dont even think they will win the division.I think the chiefs will.the only way you could ever have a fair matchip between these two teams the donkeys and the pats is if they played on a neautral field since again,the hometeam always wins.

a couple of teams i think might surprise some people to make it to the playoffs in the AFC are the chiefs and the steelers.nobody ever saw the steelers dominating the colts like they did recently.

Your comments...

Forum List

Back