A Tough Story...Not Over Yet => Small Business

Listening

Gold Member
Aug 27, 2011
I was rather taken back by this story.

I didn't catch if it said anything about whose she voting for. But this is as much about politics as anything. Leaders who can help to get this country, and people like Donna, back into the swing of things by getting the economy back on it's feet.

I wonder if Obama would let Donna fail because she is to small ? Probably, I would think if she can't succeed...she can't succeed.

But I tip my hat to those who have the guts to lay it out and start up a new business. I only wish our economy and government could do better by them.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/14/u...ope-and-worry-elyria.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

The government is Donnas bigest expense.

Maybe she should change her name to Julia.

I found the article tough to read.

There are so many issues that DON'T get addressed in our political discourse. Things that would allow people like Donna a little less worry.

How so?

Here's her biggest mistake:

She maxed out her credit cards, cashed in her 401(k) and opened a business to call her own.

The particulars of the business plan may not be something that would support going forward.

But, I can't help but admire people like this who really lay it out there. She's not going to get rich.....just run something that she would be remembered for.

How so?

She maxed out her credit cards, cashed in her 401(k) and opened a business to call her own.

You dont know many small business owners do ya?

That's exactly how most get started... or they go to a bank for it.

Oh wait.... "They didn't build that".

How so?

I know quite a few, including myself. And maxing out your credit and cashing in your 401K is retarded. You don't throw away something you can't afford to lose.

How so?

The particulars of the business plan may not be something that would support going forward.

But, I can't help but admire people like this who really lay it out there. She's not going to get rich.....just run something that she would be remembered for.
What are you trying to say, exactly? Her business plan sucks?

And why would you admire someone that drives themself into the ground? Also, how do you expect government to protect them from stupid choices?

How so?

I know quite a few, including myself. And maxing out your credit and cashing in your 401K is retarded. You don't throw away something you can't afford to lose.

Bbbut, it's all the government's fault she had a terrible business plan. :lol:

How so?

And why would you admire someone that drives themself into the ground? Also, how do you expect government to protect them from stupid choices?

:lol: It was her lifelong DREAM, Rav! *sob*

Another case of libs being overly emotional retards..oh wait, wut? :eusa_whistle:

How so?

No, what I said was that the plan MAY not be the best...but most small businesses don't have very good plans. They usually are carried by a lot of desire and drive.

I don't expect her to do any such thing (do you always try to make stuff up to argue against ?). What the article says is that she works her ass off.

Will you learn to read and comprehend (I said if she fails, she fails). No protection. But in a better economy she might have less to worry about. I don't know.

I do know a great many like her who work hard and provide jobs for others. I have all the respect in the world for them.

Where did you see she had a terrible business plan ? Really ? Or did you just assume Ravi had a clue what she was talking about ?

:lol: It was her lifelong DREAM, Rav! *sob*

Another case of libs being overly emotional retards..oh wait, wut? :eusa_whistle:

It looks like Valerie's caretaker let her into the ether again.

Then she posts complete stupidity.

So sad.

Where did you see she had a terrible business plan ? Really ? Or did you just assume Ravi had a clue what she was talking about ?

Ravi does have a clue, as do I, because we both run our own businesses...

If you really believe maxing out your credit cards and cashing out your 401k is a good business plan, then I feel sorry for you too... :lol:

The Repubs passed legislation that makes declaring bankruptcy more difficult. She won't mind in the likely event that happens right Listening? :eusa_whistle:

Ravi does have a clue, as do I, because we both run our own businesses...

If you really believe maxing out your credit cards and cashing out your 401k is a good business plan, then I feel sorry for you too... :lol:

This why I don't believe you are small business owner...nor Ravi.

That is called financing. And people do this all the time.

The business plan is a lot more than this. And that is what I was referencing.

So, I call BS on your claim.

And I have a lot of respect for people who run small businesses (which does not include you). They work hard. Sometimes they pick losing businesses or are the victim of circumstances (the economy tanks). But it seems they rarely fail due to lack of hard work.

This was a rather engaging read. To bad you pricks have to attack the woman. And you never addressed that you are making stuff up to argue against. Nobody said the government should rescue her. In fact I said she should fail or be allowed to fail.

To bad GM wasn't allowed to fail too.

The Repubs passed legislation that makes declaring bankruptcy more difficult. She won't mind in the likely event that happens right Listening? :eusa_whistle:

And they were right to do so.

She won't have any issues if she's legitimate.

BTW: Would that be her or her business ? Please elaborate since you brought it up.

BTW: Would that be her or her business ? Please elaborate since you brought it up.

since she maxed-out > 1 credit card she prolly used her personal one so both. :clap2:

Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
signed into law by President George W. Bush on April 20, 2005. Most provisions of the act apply to cases filed on or after October 17, 2005. It was hailed at the time as the banking lobby's greatest all-time victory.
The many provisions beneficial to credit card companies were also a major target of the bill's opponents. In particular, critics objected to the extension to eight years from six to the time before which debtors could liquidate their debts through bankruptcy, and requirements that those who file for multiple bankruptcies pay previous credit card debt that would have been forgiven under the old law.

Last edited:

since she maxed-out > 1 credit card she prolly used her personal one so both. :clap2:

Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
signed into law by President George W. Bush on April 20, 2005. Most provisions of the act apply to cases filed on or after October 17, 2005. It was hailed at the time as the banking lobby's greatest all-time victory.
The many provisions beneficial to credit card companies were also a major target of the bill's opponents. In particular, critics objected to the extension to eight years from six to the time before which debtors could liquidate their debts through bankruptcy, and requirements that those who file for multiple bankruptcies pay previous credit card debt that would have been forgiven under the old law.

She maxed them to start the business. I don't recall anything saying she was still maxed.

Why don't you pull forward from the article...you made the claim.

BTW: The article says she was considering closing the doors in 09', but decided to keep going. That must mean she has some flexibility.

I'll look forward to you showing how it will be harder on someone who is legitimate to declare bankruptcy. The law was passed for a reason. Do you recall what that was ?

At least we are not arguing her anymore.

This article does not have a partisan slant. It was a good read as it looked at someone who is trying to work within the system.

All it did was increase my desire to see people like this get the best chance they can. It does not mean they will not fail, but they should not be defeated by the system.

Forum List

Back