A Tough Story...Not Over Yet => Small Business

At least we are not arguing her anymore.

This article does not have a partisan slant. It was a good read as it looked at someone who is trying to work within the system.

All it did was increase my desire to see people like this get the best chance they can. It does not mean they will not fail, but they should not be defeated by the system.
I had just decided that you were too stupid to argue with. Someone that puts life savings on the line in this manner is probably too unstable to succeed.

It has nothing to do with who is president.

This article does not have a partisan slant. It was a good read as it looked at someone who is trying to work within the system.

All it did was increase my desire to see people like this get the best chance they can. It does not mean they will not fail, but they should not be defeated by the system.
I had just decided that you were too stupid to argue with. Someone that puts life savings on the line in this manner is probably too unstable to succeed.

And you are a complete asshole...as always.

Nobody said anything about president (...does not have a partisan slant....don't you read).

You can judge her all you want. I am pulling for her....you are one sick bastard to call her "unstable".

You are a lemming Obamaasskisser who only knows how to talk in Obamalemmingspeak.

FO

I have seen businesses go down even in a good economy. Like Ravi said she had a poor business plan. Opening a business has so many opportunities yet even mother nature can screw you over.
In the 1989 earthquake the historical town that I live in was booming. After wards it became a ghost town for years and most everyone lost their business.
It was rebuilt and back to normal now.

Maybe you should ask why McDonalds gets SBA money to open franchises even though they make billions in profit. The SBA was intended to help people like this woman - REAL small businesses. But corporations have paid for legislation to allow them to profit from this and to keep their hand in the cookie jar. ALL legislation that becomes a roadblock for small businesses was lobbied by big corporations to squelch competition. The government doesn't just dream this stuff up. I wish "conservatives" would get this through their thick skulls. Doubt that will ever happen, though.

Is it possible for anyone to just read the article and hope we can find a way for small businesses to have a better chance than they have now because of the economy....regardless of what the reason are for it being bad ?

You people are really on a hair trigger when it comes to anything that might even remotely be related to your affirmative action failure in chief. Which this article in now way portrays.

I have seen businesses go down even in a good economy. Like Ravi said she had a poor business plan. Opening a business has so many opportunities yet even mother nature can screw you over.
In the 1989 earthquake the historical town that I live in was booming. After wards it became a ghost town for years and most everyone lost their business.

Borrowing to the hilt is not a "bad business plan". It is bad practice. You don't know that she didn't have a rich uncle who would have propped her up.

Can you people get away from the useless and unsupported analysis long enough to think for yourselves. I don't know that this woman isn't an avid Obama supporter. I don't care.

I hope she can succeed and I give her a lot of credit (like so I do so many in small business) for working her ass off.

Borrowing to the hilt is not a "bad business plan". It is bad practice. You don't know that she didn't have a rich uncle who would have propped her up.

Can you people get away from the useless and unsupported analysis long enough to think for yourselves. I don't know that this woman isn't an avid Obama supporter. I don't care.

I hope she can succeed and I give her a lot of credit (like so I do so many in small business) for working her ass off.
Maxing out your credit and decimating your 401 K is retarded. But feel free to do it yourself. Maybe you can start a little shop for uneducated idiots such as yourself to learn how to comprehend basic business practices. :lol:

I just saw the piece as a portrait of small town America, facing the challenges that all small towns have to deal with. Their not real political, yet are affected by politics and the governments inability to quit meddeling in our lives. If government would just keep us safe and protect our liberty we are capable of taking care of ourselves and each other. Our nation started it's decline when those elected to portect our liberty decided we were unable to govern ourselves and thought they knew better how we should live. Government should only be involved in areas that people can not do alone.

Maxing out your credit and decimating your 401 K is retarded. But feel free to do it yourself. Maybe you can start a little shop for uneducated idiots such as yourself to learn how to comprehend basic business practices. :lol:

It sure is.

As is ignoring previous posts...where I said it was a bad idea....but that does not make it a bad business plan.

Moron.

It is amazing people like you can come onto a board, claiming to run businesses and show so quickly you know so little.

How so?

Here's her biggest mistake:

You dont know many small business owners do ya?

That's exactly how most get started... or they go to a bank for it.

Oh wait.... "They didn't build that".
I know quite a few, including myself. And maxing out your credit and cashing in your 401K is retarded. You don't throw away something you can't afford to lose.

Thanks for making the case against Obama.... :badgrin:

I know quite a few, including myself. And maxing out your credit and cashing in your 401K is retarded. You don't throw away something you can't afford to lose.

Only it is "us" who can't afford for him to lose it.

What does he care ?

He's set.

That is Obama's plan for America. Is it working or not?

Yet you still support the dumbass.
Whats that say about you?

From the article it seems like her worst failing was pity. She had a "heart" and didn't always charge or didn't always charge enough. Her best customer was a Judge with a picture of Che Guevara on the wall.

Having a heart and giving away the food is the fast track to bankruptcy. One would imagine that her generosity would be appreciated but it never is. What happens is that the clientele of people who can't or refuse to pay will increase. The bums always know where the soft touch is. As that level increases, the paying customers stop coming. They don't want to sit next to someone who looks as if an insect will crawl out of their clothes.

She made the decision of sympathy, unfortunately it isn't a business decision.

There is no possible way you are an ACTUAL SB owner, unless you were born with a trust fund or married into money. News flash: MANY (I suspect MOST) small business owners invest essentially everything they have. My cousin has, several times.

We can afford to lose you.

There is no possible way you are an ACTUAL SB owner, unless you were born with a trust fund or married into money. News flash: MANY (I suspect MOST) small business owners invest essentially everything they have. My cousin has, several times.
Sure he has.

:lol: Good point, but America is not a business...

I would say it's the worst financing possible for starting up a business... :lol:

:lol: Good point, but America is not a business...

No, it's not.

It generates revenue by taxing people.

I am sure you know how that works ?????

You are a fraud.

Forum List

Back