A time to think

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Wry Catcher, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Wry Catcher

Wry Catcher Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,156
    Sarah Palin made a huge mistake with her comments after the horrific event in Tucson last Saturday.

The Gov. brought the negative press on herself and I'm surprised Michelle Bachmann and Sharon Angle have not been remonstrated for the words they used during the campaign, the most striking being "second amedment remedies".

Do I believe either Palin or Bachmann or Angle wanted this tragic event to happen? No!

Yet, to dismiss a "Second Amendment Remedies" comment as benign simply doesn't ring true. Words have effects, and to deny any indirect cause for tha actions of the shooter is disengenuous and simply partisan.

No one knows what was in the mind of the shooter. Yet defenders of Palin assure us he was "just a nut"; asserting he was apolitical and never watched TV or listened to the news is hardly credible. Someone attending college, expecially Jr. College where the students are youngish and idealism has not yet been extinguised it is hard to imagine anyone would not be 'infected' by a wide variety of opinons - some very extreme.

IMHO Gov. Palin failed the first test of leadership. Her first comments centered on the question faux leaders always ask first, "How will this effect me?".

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Nah, she played it well - for her audience. She called out the liberal media for their bullshit, and gave them another stick with which to beat her again. And they are doing exactly what she knew they would do. They latched on to two words - 'blood libel' - and lied about her again.

She is making herself look like a victim of a vicious, left wing, media. Well played, Palin.

3. Revere

Revere BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +415
    The people who think "Sarah Palin made a mistake" are the same ones who always hated her.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    It is not hate to deem someone incapable of helping this country heal and move forward.

5. Barb

Barb Carpe Scrotum

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,586
    That doesn't make them wrong.

6. Revere

Revere BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +415
    Move forward = separate Democrats from power.

7. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    No, it doesn't. Calling her an anti-semite made them wrong. Pointing the finger of blame at her for the tragedy make them wrong.

8. zzzz

zzzz Just a regular American

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +429
    Personally I am not a Palin supporter yet I have defended her in this matter for the simple fact that her actions or words had no bearing on this incident. To jump out and blame someone for someone elses actions without any facts implies that those people have an underlying purpose or aim and in this case it is an underlying hatred of Palin. Anything she does is wrong and she can do no good no matter what. In a world where the news reported facts and did not have talking heads sensationalizing everything these people would have been marginalized already. But in today's society, reasonable discourse is passé and confrontation and sensationalism is the course.

As I have stated before, Palin is not electable for reasons that have nothing to do with this incident but a continued line of attacks from the media and others can have a reverse effect upon the electorite. Many American people still believe in fair play and when they feel someone is being unjustly attacked they come to their aid. So if the electorite feels she is being wronged some will vote for her where they may not have earlier. Instead of voting the issues they vote emotions.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  9. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,018
    It's been almost 2 whole minutes since a non-thinking Leftist started yet another Palin thread

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  10. saveliberty

saveliberty Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,988
    Leaders would focus on issues that will help the nation. They would concentrate on seeking better ways to keep the violent and unstable from weapons. One politican targeting another is part of politics. Reasonable people understand that. Partisans want to bring it to the forefront.

In the end we will have the "Protect the Sacred Bond of Government Act" which will trample the Constitution much like the Patriot Act did and does.