A TERRIBLE presidentwii get a 2nd term

Yeah, this has become such a mess than it's smart for Santorum to hang in there.

The hard right is going to put their (X) beside the (R) as usual, but the GOP simply does not have a candidate who is going to look like a clear improvement over Obama to Independents. I watch Romney, and he just seems like another shifty politician who will literally say anything to please anyone at any given time.

If the GOP really wants a "true conservative", it's Santorum. I'd like that because a hardcore rightwinger like Rick would open the door for a decent Independent.

I'm not sure if Santorum has a way forward, and he's probably going to drop out after Florida.

Yeah, you could be right.

Yeah, this has become such a mess than it's smart for Santorum to hang in there.

The hard right is going to put their (X) beside the (R) as usual, but the GOP simply does not have a candidate who is going to look like a clear improvement over Obama to Independents. I watch Romney, and he just seems like another shifty politician who will literally say anything to please anyone at any given time.

If the GOP really wants a "true conservative", it's Santorum. I'd like that because a hardcore rightwinger like Rick would open the door for a decent Independent.

Ron Paul has it right, and has read the writing on the wall. This election isn't the issue, the future of this country is the issue. That future depends on the younger generation and paul is starting a movement that will outlast him. The present is lost to us because of the older generations inability to accept change, and their outright sense of entitlement. They are too busy arguing over how they will divide everything up between themselves. Time is the only ally of the future as we need to let more of these old bastards to die off so the rest of us can start to live again.

Neither Romney or Gingrich has the nomination yet. Wait till they start really going after Obama before you say Obama is win. I talk to a lot of people online and not many like Obama and the one who like him a little still think he is a horrible president!

Neither Romney or Gingrich has the nomination yet. Wait till they start really going after Obama before you say Obama is win. I talk to a lot of people online and not many like Obama and the one who like him a little still think he is a horrible president!

As we seen with Bush and Kerry, hating a president is not enough to get him out of office. You actually have to run somebody with a clue, and sadly Richie Rich Romney and Space commander Gingrich are clueless.

President Obama will get a second term, and, possibly, a Democratic Congress. People are not very happy with the present Reps at all.

I think he'll get a second term and he'll make gains in the House, but the redistricting process will protect a lot of the Republican districts. The Senate is another story altogether. There are simply too many Democratic seats in play and not enough Republicans seats.

The only two GOP seats the Dems have a hope of taking are MA and NV. The Dems are going to lose ND and NE, where Dems are retiring without good successors. They have open seats in VA, WI, and seats in play in FL, MI, MO, and MT. so Best case for the Dems, they hold at 52 seats. Worst case, the GOP runs the board and they lose 8 seats.

I think even if the voters are inclined to unethusiastically return Obama to office, they'll want to hedge their bets by keeping government divided.

Of course, then 2014 rolls around, and he's well and screwed.

The GOP campaign will, mercifully, come to an end with, hopefully, a candidate that can compete well against BHO.

That is not Gingrich.

If it is Romney, the race will be much closer than our lib friends would hope, much closer.

Won't be close at all.

Romney lost to a fat drunk who testified in a rape trial.

He didn't even show up to the fight against Devall Patrick

He did beat a non-entity named Shannon once. Who's Shannon O'Brien? Wiki doesn't even have a picture of her. I've been mistakenly calling her "Jan Swift" for weeks and no one's even corrected me. (Jane Swift was Romney's predecessor as acting governor.) That is how forgettable she was.

He lost to Mike Huckabee and John McCain in 2008, despite spending both of them by many times over.

And now he's struggling against a defeated Senator and a disgraced speaker who have records of saying off the wall things.

So please explain to me how this guy who is a weak candidate is going to really beat Obama when his only issue - the economy- is being taken off the table?

Oooops. Economy grew at 3% last quarter.

Your candidate will lose, JoeB. Romney can win. You have not given one reason that would convince anybody other than Romney can win.

Your bigotry makes you fail on this issue.

LOL. Joe, with the volitility of the electorate and world events, don't bet either way for 2014.

Not really. Historically, the sixth year of a presidency is always bad for a president's party.

but in this case, it's going to probalby be a little worse for Obama. 2014 is when all those Senators who came in with Obama will be up for re-election. He made a net 8 seat gain in the Senate.

Forum List

Back