A TERRIBLE presidentwii get a 2nd term

Yep, but a terrible president did get a second term.

I think everyone knows Bush was a much better president than Obama. People aren't as stupid as you think they are.

I don't know who everyone is. I think Bush was a better president, but not by a huge degree. He made HUGE mistakes that cost his party and the country dearly.

The mistake he made was not focusing on getting another Republican groomed for the White House.

Here is the great part of all of this. The Republicans themselves are telling us why Newt and Romney shouldn't be president. They are showing us all of the flaws that they themselves find unacceptable in a president. They are comparring Romney to Obama and are tying Newt to Pelosi, are they saying that their candidates are liberal like Obama and Pelosi? Republicans are funny people to watch.:cuckoo:

I think the thing is that we recongize that a large part of the problem is the level of government dependence has become so great that even our own guys succumb to it.

Ronald Reagan once observed that government isn't the solution, it's usually the problem.

But both of these jokers see a need for more government, both of them have become very rich men through crony capitalism.

Never mind making a touchdown, we are having a hard time fighting our way back to the 50 yard line.

Romney seems angry that people are actually running against him. He seems angry that Obama is president. He talks like he is desperate, and that if he doesn't win the nomination he will throw a temper tantrum.

As a side...
He talks about job creation and how he is going to create all of these jobs when he is president. I have a question...

Making 21 million a year, why isn'r he creating jobs now? It's my understanding that the rich create jobs in this country, and he qualifies. He gives the impression that the rich can only create jobs with other peoples money. Because they damn sure aren't using theirs.

I think everyone knows Bush was a much better president than Obama. People aren't as stupid as you think they are.

I don't know who everyone is. I think Bush was a better president, but not by a huge degree. He made HUGE mistakes that cost his party and the country dearly.

The mistake he made was not focusing on getting another Republican groomed for the White House.

I'd call that a major problem. So really, we ended up in 2008 refighting 2000, and in 2012, we are refighting 2008 (with Gingrich taking the place of Huckabee.)

But any 8 year presidency sucks all the air out of the room. Usually, you end up running the Vice-president.

Romney seems angry that people are actually running against him. He seems angry that Obama is president. He talks like he is desperate, and that if he doesn't win the nomination he will throw a temper tantrum.

As a side...
He talks about job creation and how he is going to create all of these jobs when he is president. I have a question...

Making 21 million a year, why isn'r he creating jobs now? It's my understanding that the rich create jobs in this country, and he qualifies. He gives the impression that the rich can only create jobs with other peoples money. Because they damn sure aren't using theirs.

One problem Romney does seem to have is thin skin, but othetr than that he looks like he's going to be a very formidable candidate. Besides Obama's thin-skined problem is much worse.

As a side...

I think right now is not the greatest environment for job creation.

Now who's fault is that?

Mitt can't stop Obama from regulating us into bankruptcy. He has to get elected to some sort of office to do that. As it is he's limited to his company and what it's capable of when it comes to hiring. He can't generate more jobs simply because you want him to. That would be cutting his own throat. Do you have any idea what it costs a company to hire a new employee these days?

As a side...

I think right now is not the greatest environment for job creation.

Now who's fault is that?

Mitt can't stop Obama from regulating us into bankruptcy. He has to get elected to some sort of office to do that. As it is he's limited to his company and what it's capable of when it comes to hiring. He can't generate more jobs simply because you want him to. That would be cutting his own throat. Do you have any idea what it costs a company to hire a new employee these days?

When we were hemmoraging jobs during the Bush administration proving that we had a shitty environment for creating jobs. Who's fault was that?

The GOP campaign will, mercifully, come to an end with, hopefully, a candidate that can compete well against BHO.

That is not Gingrich.

If it is Romney, the race will be much closer than our lib friends would hope, much closer.

I'd call that a major problem. So really, we ended up in 2008 refighting 2000, and in 2012, we are refighting 2008 (with Gingrich taking the place of Huckabee.)

But any 8 year presidency sucks all the air out of the room. Usually, you end up running the Vice-president.

Well, he picked the guy he felt could do the best job.....not the most electable candidate.

Like it or not Bush was not a political animal.

I'm pretty fed up with all of these whiners complaining about face-men and empty-suits when a more qualified person can't get elected.

Bush just did what he felt was right. I would have liked for him to find somebody that was actually going to run for president. It would have prevented Obama from getting in.

Last edited:
The GOP campaign will, mercifully, come to an end with, hopefully, a candidate that can compete well against BHO.

That is not Gingrich.

If it is Romney, the race will be much closer than our lib friends would hope, much closer.

Have you been watching FOX? Republicans hate Romney.

The weakening end of the far right certainly does, but they are not going to have the numbers this time or in future elections. They have been growing smaller in influence and numbers since 2004.

Mainstream GOPers are waking up that the wacks at the end are there only for election votes and campaign donations, not decision or policy making.

That is not Gingrich.

Have you been watching FOX? Republicans hate Romney.

The weakening end of the far right certainly does, but they are not going to have the numbers this time or in future elections. They have been growing smaller in influence and numbers since 2004.

Mainstream GOPers are waking up that the wacks at the end are there only for election votes and campaign donations, not decision or policy making.

I wonder if the "Wacks" know that?

Given that less than half of the voting public actually vote, and it takes the majority of less than half of the voting public to get elected. Or the majority of supreme court justices, or having enough dead people vote for you, to become the president of the minority of the United States. We as a nation are becoming pathetic when it comes to our form of democracy.

That is not Gingrich.

Won't be close at all.

Romney lost to a fat drunk who testified in a rape trial.

He didn't even show up to the fight against Devall Patrick

He did beat a non-entity named Shannon once. Who's Shannon O'Brien? Wiki doesn't even have a picture of her. I've been mistakenly calling her "Jan Swift" for weeks and no one's even corrected me. (Jane Swift was Romney's predecessor as acting governor.) That is how forgettable she was.

He lost to Mike Huckabee and John McCain in 2008, despite spending both of them by many times over.

And now he's struggling against a defeated Senator and a disgraced speaker who have records of saying off the wall things.

So please explain to me how this guy who is a weak candidate is going to really beat Obama when his only issue - the economy- is being taken off the table?

Oooops. Economy grew at 3% last quarter.

The problem with your kind of Republicanism is, it's pretty much indistinguishable from being a Democrat. Except they'll hold you down when big corporations screw you in the ass. Democrats will have the courtesy to give you a reach-around.

You are right. Conservatives who believe in traditional values and limited government are becoming a smaller group, because of people like Romney.

When we are all on Food Stamps with the McJobs he provides, it's not like there's an argument to be made against the Nanny State at that point.

At least until the money runs out.

Yeah, this has become such a mess than it's smart for Santorum to hang in there.

The hard right is going to put their (X) beside the (R) as usual, but the GOP simply does not have a candidate who is going to look like a clear improvement over Obama to Independents. I watch Romney, and he just seems like another shifty politician who will literally say anything to please anyone at any given time.

If the GOP really wants a "true conservative", it's Santorum. I'd like that because a hardcore rightwinger like Rick would open the door for a decent Independent.

Yeah, this has become such a mess than it's smart for Santorum to hang in there.

The hard right is going to put their (X) beside the (R) as usual, but the GOP simply does not have a candidate who is going to look like a clear improvement over Obama to Independents. I watch Romney, and he just seems like another shifty politician who will literally say anything to please anyone at any given time.

If the GOP really wants a "true conservative", it's Santorum. I'd like that because a hardcore rightwinger like Rick would open the door for a decent Independent.

I'm not sure if Santorum has a way forward, and he's probably going to drop out after Florida.

Forum List

Back