A SURPRISING chart of immigration history in the U.S.A.!

No I am not surprised. There is an estimated 7 billion people living on this planet. In 1830, the year this graph starts, there was about 1 Billion. So, in the last 182 years the world's populace has grown 14.2% if my math is correct. THAT is the amazing part. It is no secret that poor countries (such as Mexico) tend to have higher birth rates than more affluent countries, like the US. We are running out of room. Not just in the US, but the planet. Combine the overpopulation issue with the effect humans are having on the climate, we are heading for a disaster that no politically correct Liberal or Conservative capitalist will be able to avoid. We need to do something about the huge population problem. Relocating them to richer less populated areas (like the US) is a cheap fix that delays the inevitable crunch.

Last edited:
No I am not surprised. There is an estimated 7 billion people living on this planet. In 1830, the year this graph starts, there was about 1 Billion. So, in the last 182 years the world's populace has grown 142% if my math is correct. THAT is the amazing part. It is no secret that poor countries (such as Mexico) tend to have higher birth rates than more affluent countries, like the US. We are running out of room. Not just in the US, but the planet. Combine the overpopulation issue with the effect humans are having on the climate, we are heading for a disaster that no politically correct Liberal or Conservative capitalist will be able to avoid. We need to do something about the huge population problem. Relocating them to richer less populated areas (like the US) is a cheap fix that delays the inevitable crunch.

That's funny, another poster here just explained to me how there is obviously plenty of room on the planet, since we could stand everyone in formation and fit them inside the state of Texas! (Course, my mind tens to think a little more creatively than that to wonder what happens when everyone on the planet takes a shit, standing shoulder to shoulder in Texas.... )

Last edited:
No I am not surprised. There is an estimated 7 billion people living on this planet. In 1830, the year this graph starts, there was about 1 Billion. So, in the last 182 years the world's populace has grown 142% if my math is correct. THAT is the amazing part. It is no secret that poor countries (such as Mexico) tend to have higher birth rates than more affluent countries, like the US. We are running out of room. Not just in the US, but the planet. Combine the overpopulation issue with the effect humans are having on the climate, we are heading for a disaster that no politically correct Liberal or Conservative capitalist will be able to avoid. We need to do something about the huge population problem. Relocating them to richer less populated areas (like the US) is a cheap fix that delays the inevitable crunch.

That's funny, another poster here just explained to me how there is obviously plenty of room on the planet, since we could stand everyone in formation and fit them inside the state of Texas! (Course, my mind tens to think a little more creatively than that to wonder what happens when everyone on the planet takes a shit, standing shoulder to shoulder in Texas.... )

That is funny? How so? Would you like to live cheek-to-jowl stuffed in a space the size of Texas with 7 Billion people? Eating, sleeping, copulating, defecating in your face? Would you feel comfortable with that? We all want some level of quality of life. Polluted skies, rivers and the oceans filled with human waste, and the climate turning into a broiler. That isn’t my ideal for the human race, friend, and that is were we are going now. But, yuck it up, take cheap shots and mock me.

Last edited:

That is funny? How so? Would you like to live cheek-to-jowl stuffed in a space the size of Texas with 7 Billion people? Eating, sleeping, copulating, defecating in your face? Would you feel comfortable with that? We all want some level of quality of life. Polluted skies, rivers and the oceans filled with human waste, and the climate turning into a broiler. That isn’t my ideal for the human race, friend, and that is were we are going now. But, yuck it up, take cheap shoots and mock me.

I'm sorry, you took that the wrong way. I was trying to agree with you.

I find it absurd that anyone thinks we don't have a population problem. I believe it to be the single biggest challenge we face as a species.

Last edited:
No I am not surprised. There is an estimated 7 billion people living on this planet. In 1830, the year this graph starts, there was about 1 Billion. So, in the last 182 years the world's populace has grown 14.2% if my math is correct. THAT is the amazing part. It is no secret that poor countries (such as Mexico) tend to have higher birth rates than more affluent countries, like the US. We are running out of room. Not just in the US, but the planet. Combine the overpopulation issue with the effect humans are having on the climate, we are heading for a disaster that no politically correct Liberal or Conservative capitalist will be able to avoid. We need to do something about the huge population problem. Relocating them to richer less populated areas (like the US) is a cheap fix that delays the inevitable crunch.

We don't have a "population problem," and really stupid ideas like 'relocation' would not solve the problems we DO have.

WorldPopulationGraph_yearPre7000BCto2025AD_metalAges_703x578.jpg

And those graphs are even more disturbing. Few like to have serious conversations about population control but it has to be done. Most of our problems are rooted in over population, over consumption of resources.

No they aren't.

Yes, they are.

No they aren't.

Your argument was made 200 years ago, just when the world was about to go on an unprecedented run in wealth creation.

And, like it was 200 year ago, it's wrong.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malthusianism

Last edited:
Hmmm wonder which President was responsible for Amnesty?? Wonder which party he was with?? Darn those stupid history writers.

The biggest problem with amnesty was it was supposed to stop the influx of illegals, it only served to increase the mad dash. Illegals are expecting another amnesty bill, the Chicago Thug has hinted at that, they don't know he'll throw them under the bus as soon as he gets their vote.

No they aren't.

Yes, they are.

No they aren't.

Your argument was made 200 years ago, just when the world was about to go on an unprecedented run in wealth creation.

Malthusianism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes they are.

I have yet to present an argument. I have stated a position. Your immediate response to dismiss an argument you haven't even heard yet tells us a little something, doesn't it?

Yes, they are.

No they aren't.

Yes they are.

I have yet to present an argument. I have stated a position. Your immediate response to dismiss an argument you haven't even heard yet tells us a little something, doesn't it?

Unless you have something new - and I doubt you do - your argument has been around for two centuries.

And it sure looks silly.

No they aren't.

Yes they are.

Unless you have something new - and I doubt you do - your argument has been around for two centuries.

And it sure looks silly.

So, again, you first assume there is an argument and then you dismissed the argument before you heard it.

The root of most of our problems is population.

Yes they are.

And it sure looks silly.

So, again, you first assume there is an argument and then you dismissed the argument before you heard it.

The root of most of our problems is population.

No, it's not.

it refleccts the people who were made legal.

This chart is legal immigartion.

Not who comes here illegally

I get that.

But that spike you see there IS illegals made legal. And where that arrow points to that seems to be pointing to a mid 1990 date. It would be more accurate, I think, to have that pointer down at 1986, where that rise begins.

It's government, maybe it took all that time for the paperwork to clear?

it refleccts the people who were made legal.

This chart is legal immigartion.

Not who comes here illegally

I get that.

But that spike you see there IS illegals made legal. And where that arrow points to that seems to be pointing to a mid 1990 date. It would be more accurate, I think, to have that pointer down at 1986, where that rise begins.

It's government, maybe it took all that time for the paperwork to clear?

Ha! Good chance!

After looking at it again, I think the intention was to just denote that the entire spike we see there is a result of the Reagan amnesty. But I still think it would have been more accurate to denote the amnesty where it was initiated. Most people could make the great logical leap that what followed the cause was indeed, the effect.

Forum List

Back