A SURPRISING chart of immigration history in the U.S.A.!

Yes they are.

I have yet to present an argument. I have stated a position. Your immediate response to dismiss an argument you haven't even heard yet tells us a little something, doesn't it?

Unless you have something new - and I doubt you do - your argument has been around for two centuries.

And it sure looks silly.

So, again, you first assume there is an argument and then you dismissed the argument before you heard it.

The root of most of our problems is population.

Why?

Unless you have something new - and I doubt you do - your argument has been around for two centuries.

And it sure looks silly.

So, again, you first assume there is an argument and then you dismissed the argument before you heard it.

Why?

I think it's obvious why. The intent from the word go was to simply deny the point, whatever it was. I think that's pretty clear. If you haven't even heard the argument and you have already dismissed it, it doesn't take a genius. Suppose you're high school English teacher gave you a failing grade on a test, before you took the test? That would be a good thing to do, right? Would you then sit down and take the test anyway if the teacher has already said, you get a 0, no matter how well you do? Of course not.

I'll not waste my thoughts on someone who dismisses the conversation before it has been spoken. If you just want to argue, we can argue about this. We don't need any particular subject matter.

Why?

I think it's obvious why. The intent from the word go was to simply deny the point, whatever it was. I think that's pretty clear. If you haven't even heard the argument and you have already dismissed it, it doesn't take a genius. Suppose you're high school English teacher gave you a failing grade on a test, before you took the test? That would be a good thing to do, right? Would you then sit down and take the test anyway if the teacher has already said, you get a 0, no matter how well you do? Of course not.

I'll not waste my thoughts on someone who dismisses the conversation before it has been spoken. If you just want to argue, we can argue about this. We don't need any particular subject matter.

You say I should listen to your argument. OK, I'm willing to listen to your argument. But when asked, suddenly you're not willing to make an argument. It makes one think you don't have an argument, or you're afraid to be shown wrong.

You can change my mind. But saying "It's obvious" isn't an argument.

You asked that people listen to your argument. So make one.

You say I should listen to your argument. OK, I'm willing to listen to your argument. But when asked, suddenly you're not willing to make an argument. It makes one think you don't have an argument, or you're afraid to be shown wrong.

I decline. I have no faith in your sincerity.

But we can still play hard headed games here if you want. Me first:

No it's not.

No it's not.

I figured you didn't have an argument.

No it's not.

It got dismissed before you ever got to hear it. Now you want to hear it? Well... it got dismissed. See how that works?

If we're just going through the motions we can talk about anything. We can argue about not letting you hear my argument now, even though you want to, but it already got dismissed.

See.... that was a bad idea. Dismissing an argument before it was heard. Now someone wants to hear it and it's already gone.

No it's not.

It got dismissed before you ever got to hear it. Now you want to hear it? Well... it got dismissed. See how that works?

If we're just going through the motions we can talk about anything. We can argue about not letting you hear my argument now, even though you want to, but it already got dismissed.

See.... that was a bad idea. Dismissing an argument before it was heard. Now someone wants to hear it and it's already gone.

It's a tragic loss for all of us, I'm sure.

Forum List

Back