A "Slow But Steady" Genocide

MJB12741

Gold Member
Feb 19, 2012
While we wait for a current count of all the Palestinian contributions to peace mankind & civilization, let us now turn to another burning issue, that of Israel's "slow but steady" GENOCIDE of the noble peace loving, life loving Palestinians.

And for you Zionists who deny it, consider the facts that in 1948 there were approzximately 1.2 million Palestinians living in Israel & today there are just under 6 million of them left.

Population Statistics - Israeli-Palestinian Conflict - ProCon.org

Article 2 of this convention defines genocide as "any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such: killing members of the group; causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life, calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; [and] forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.

Generally speaking, genocide does not necessarily mean the immediate destruction of a nation, except when accomplished by mass killings of all members of a nation. It is intended rather to signify a coordinated plan of different actions aiming at the destruction of essential foundations of the life of national groups, with the aim of annihilating the groups themselves. The objectives of such a plan would be the disintegration of the political and social institutions, of culture, language, national feelings, religion, and the economic existence of national groups, and the destruction of the personal security, liberty, health, dignity, and even the lives of the individuals belonging to such groups.

Genocide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

OUSTANDING ARTICLE. I agree. Any particular reason why there is no mention whatsoever of Israel's genocide of the Palestinians?

Article 2 of this convention defines genocide as "any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such: killing members of the group; causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life, calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; [and] forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.

Generally speaking, genocide does not necessarily mean the immediate destruction of a nation, except when accomplished by mass killings of all members of a nation. It is intended rather to signify a coordinated plan of different actions aiming at the destruction of essential foundations of the life of national groups, with the aim of annihilating the groups themselves. The objectives of such a plan would be the disintegration of the political and social institutions, of culture, language, national feelings, religion, and the economic existence of national groups, and the destruction of the personal security, liberty, health, dignity, and even the lives of the individuals belonging to such groups.

Genocide - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

oustanding article. I agree. Any particular reason why there is no mention whatsoever of israel's genocide of the palestinians?

article 2 of this convention defines genocide as "any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such: Killing members of the group; causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life, calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; [and] forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.

genocide - wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
nothing but net! Swiiiiish!

Bwahahahahaha,

For genocide to occur doesn't the population of a people have to be significantly lowered? to my understanding the Palestinian population is growing.

How long will we Americans allow Israel to get away with their brutal treatment of the Palestinians with their damn peace offerings, security fence & land concessions to keep the Palestinians in Israel so Israel can continue to annihilate the Palestinians with their "slow but steady" GENOCIDE?

So how do we get those Zionists to under this "slow motion genocide" when there are almost six times as many Palestinians living in Israel now than there were in 1948?

Slow-motion genocide is still a war crime:

"Israel is a serial human rights international law abuser. The UN Human Rights Commission affirms that it violates nearly all 149 articles of the Fourth Geneva Convention that governs the treatment of civilians in war and under occupation and is guilty of grievous war crimes."

Israel's Slow-Motion Genocide in Occupied Palestine

For genocide to occur doesn't the population of a people have to be significantly lowered? to my understanding the Palestinian population is growing.

High_Gravity,

No, read the statute, there is no such thing mentioned. Genocide is a crime under international law, a creation of a statute. And that statute was provided to you in a prior post on this thread.

Can you read?

Sherri

So how do we get those Zionists to under this "slow motion genocide" when there are almost six times as many Palestinians living in Israel now than there were in 1948?

"Israel is a serial human rights international law abuser. The UN Human Rights Commission affirms that it violates nearly all 149 articles of the Fourth Geneva Convention that governs the treatment of civilians in war and under occupation and is guilty of grievous war crimes."

MJB,

What are you saying?

What does "to under" something mean?

Sherri

High_Gravity,

No, read the statute, there is no such thing mentioned. Genocide is a crime under international law, a creation of a statute. And that statute was provided to you in a prior post on this thread.

Can you read?

Sherri

I was under the assumption genocide is when you attempt to wipe a people off the face of the earth, are you telling me genocide is something different?

So will you explain to us how Israel is commiting genocide on the Palestinians when there are almost six times as many of them now squatting on Israel's land than there were in 1948?

High_Gravity,

Can you read?

Sherri

So will you explain to us how Israel is commiting genocide on the Palestinians when there are almost six times as many of them now squatting on Israel's land than there were in 1948?

High_Gravity,

Can you read?

Sherri

I'd like to know that as well.

How much land have Palestinians lost during that time?

112608Lendman.shtml

• Thanks
Reactions: Jos

High_Gravity,

Can you read?

Sherri

High_Gravity,

Wow, you cannot even go back to a prior post and read it and go to the links there.

Here is a link to a website that defines genocide, and a legal anaysis on this website also shows that Israel is guilty of the crime of genoocide.

Crime of Genocide Law (1950)

I read:

THE CRIME OF GENOCIDE (PREVENTION AND PUNISHMENT) LAW, 5710-1950*
"Genocide" -
inter-
pretation. 1.
(a) In this Law, "genocide" means any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group (hereinafter referred to as "group"), as such:
(1) killing members of the group;
(2) causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;
(3) inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction, in whole or in part;
(4) imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;
(5) forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.
(b) In subsection (a), "child" means a person under eighteen years of age

Notice, there is no requirement population decrease, it is the intent to destroy an ethnic group that is the focus of the crime. Palestinian population today has been largely influenced by a naturally high birth rate within this society. I have to wonder how much this is influenced by men taking multiple wives. (I actually have no data that addresses the question I just raised, but it is simply something I find myself thinking about, as I write this post).

Another point, over 5 million Palestinian refugees now live outside Israel and the OPT, many forced to flee, many even formally deported from the region by the Israeli Occupier.

Sherri

High_Gravity,

Wow, you cannot even go back to a prior post and read it and go to the links there.

Here is a link to a website that defines genocide, and a legal anaysis on this website also shows that Israel is guilty of the crime of genoocide.

Crime of Genocide Law (1950)

I read:

THE CRIME OF GENOCIDE (PREVENTION AND PUNISHMENT) LAW, 5710-1950*
"Genocide" -
inter-
pretation. 1.
(a) In this Law, "genocide" means any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group (hereinafter referred to as "group"), as such:
(1) killing members of the group;
(2) causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;
(3) inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction, in whole or in part;
(4) imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;
(5) forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.
(b) In subsection (a), "child" means a person under eighteen years of age

Notice, there is no requirement population decrease, it is the intent to destroy an ethnic group that is the focus of the crime. Palestinian population today has been largely influenced by a naturally high birth rate within this society. I have to wonder how much this is influenced by men taking multiple wives. (I actually have no data that addresses the question I just raised, but it is simply something I find myself thinking about, as I write this post).

Another point, over 5 million Palestinian refugees now live outside Israel and the OPT, many forced to flee, many even formally deported from the region by the Israeli Occupier.

Sherri

What are the Israelis doing to stop the Palestinians from reproducing? according to the definition you listed:(4) imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;

The Israelis are not doing anything like that.

Forum List

Back