A Simple Question

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
How long do those 1200 waivers from obamatax last? I cannot find the answer.

The total of 1,231 includes all of the waiver requests HHS granted — companies that only applied for a three-year waiver, companies that got a one-year waiver and an extension, and companies that received a one-year waiver but did not ask for an extension.

I can't believe I went that filthy site, theblaze.com for this. :eusa_eh:

I'm guessing the max is three years.

Who's the "BOB" in your sig?

Last edited:
The total of 1,231 includes all of the waiver requests HHS granted — companies that only applied for a three-year waiver, companies that got a one-year waiver and an extension, and companies that received a one-year waiver but did not ask for an extension.

Who's the "BOB" in your sig?

Three years from when? When the bill was signed?

Who's the "BOB" in your sig?[/QUOTE]

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-flame-zone/233759-hee-heeee.html

Concluding the Annual Limit Waiver Application Process:

Section 2711 of the PHS Act, as amended by the Affordable Care Act, and the IFR allow the imposition of “restricted annual dollar limits” on essential health benefits for plan years (for group health plans and group health insurance coverage), and policy years (for new nongrandfathered individual health insurance coverage), beginning before January 1, 2014. No annual dollar limits on essential health benefits are permitted with respect to plan years (in the individual market, policy years) beginning on or after January 1, 2014, except in the case of grandfathered individual market policies.

CCIIO published guidance on September 3, 2010 establishing the waiver program for plan or years (in the individual market, policy years) beginning on or after September 23, 2010 and before September 23, 2011 and granted waivers for a single year. In order to be eligible to receive a waiver, a group health plan or health insurance issuer must have been in existence prior to September 23, 2010. The waiver authority does not cover plan years (or policy years in the individual market) beginning on or after January 1, 2014, when no annual dollar limits are permitted, except in the case of grandfathered individual market policies.

Under this guidance, an applicant may elect to extend an existing waiver until January 1, 2014. A Waiver Extension applies only to plan years (or policy year in the individual market) beginning on or after September 23, 2011 but before January 1, 2014. For plan years (policy years in the individual market) beginning on or after January 1, 2014 all group health plans and new individual policies may not impose any annual dollar limits on essential health benefits.

Waivers of the annual limits phaseout can't be extended past 2014 because the law does not allow for that.

Concluding the Annual Limit Waiver Application Process:

Section 2711 of the PHS Act, as amended by the Affordable Care Act, and the IFR allow the imposition of “restricted annual dollar limits” on essential health benefits for plan years (for group health plans and group health insurance coverage), and policy years (for new nongrandfathered individual health insurance coverage), beginning before January 1, 2014. No annual dollar limits on essential health benefits are permitted with respect to plan years (in the individual market, policy years) beginning on or after January 1, 2014, except in the case of grandfathered individual market policies.

CCIIO published guidance on September 3, 2010 establishing the waiver program for plan or years (in the individual market, policy years) beginning on or after September 23, 2010 and before September 23, 2011 and granted waivers for a single year. In order to be eligible to receive a waiver, a group health plan or health insurance issuer must have been in existence prior to September 23, 2010. The waiver authority does not cover plan years (or policy years in the individual market) beginning on or after January 1, 2014, when no annual dollar limits are permitted, except in the case of grandfathered individual market policies.

Under this guidance, an applicant may elect to extend an existing waiver until January 1, 2014. A Waiver Extension applies only to plan years (or policy year in the individual market) beginning on or after September 23, 2011 but before January 1, 2014. For plan years (policy years in the individual market) beginning on or after January 1, 2014 all group health plans and new individual policies may not impose any annual dollar limits on essential health benefits.

Waivers of the annual limits phaseout can't be extended past 2014 because the law does not allow for that.

except in the case of grandfathered individual market policies

what exactly and who exactly does this catagorey apply to?

Forum List

Back