a simple question of ethics & trust

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
here is the scenario:

immediate supervisor tells me something that shows the main supervisor lied to me... background: i have never trusted the main person...and this year everyone trashed me for being such a skeptic...everyone else likes the main guy...now i know i have been lied to.

so i see these options:

confront main guy which means all hell will break loose for immediate supervisor for spilling the beans

say nothing and know i was right all along

say nothing and think maybe this was a one time thing

i really dont care to be lied to...i can get over most things but being lied to...but then again who doesnt lie?

your random musings?

here is the scenario:

immediate supervisor tells me something that shows the main supervisor lied to me... background: i have never trusted the main person...and this year everyone trashed me for being such a skeptic...everyone else likes the main guy...now i know i have been lied to.

so i see these options:

confront main guy which means all hell will break loose for immediate supervisor for spilling the beans

i really dont care to be lied to...i can get over most things but being lied to...but then again who doesnt lie?

your random musings?

payback the main supervisor by telling him a whopper ? :lol:

here is the scenario:

so i see these options:

your random musings?

Hold your powder? May be useful down the line?

here is the scenario:

so i see these options:

your random musings?
Kill his family members and blame terrorists.

Release it...let it go including what is festering inside.

you will be better off.....

If he does it again....then figure out your next strategy ...

No matter what, he will still be the main boss....and no one likes their lies pointed out to them, along with him being on to your dislike of him...better to hide and watch.....till you can figure out where all the chips will fall after your episode if you confront him...

here is the scenario:

so i see these options:

your random musings?

document it, if possible and then keep it in your back pocket. might come in handy later, especially if he does it again.

or firebomb his house

Nothing I despise more than a liar, expose the scum and come what may.

Say nothing. Build on the trust you've established with your immediate supervisor. Don't lie to yourself or for yourself. Be at peace with your own ethics.

Last edited:
Say nothing. Build on the trust you've established with your immediate supervisor. Don't lie to yourself or for yourself. Be at peace with your own ethics.

How can you be at peace with anything if you're working for someone you can't trust?

How can you be at peace with anything if you're working for someone you can't trust?

I don't know if it's possible to be at peace in that workplace. It's not easy to being lied to. I'd be looking for another job.

Peace of mind is more important than a specific job--at least for me it is.

I don't know if it's possible to be at peace in that workplace. It's not easy to being lied to. I'd be looking for another job.

Peace of mind is more important than a specific job--at least for me it is.

You just told her to basically shut up and say nothing..and be at peace.. Now you're saying it's impossible to be at peace in that workplace..

You're starting to sound as dingy as Skydancer.. You sure you're not her?

the devil is always in the details...he would get rid of the supervisor who told me...i think what upsets me most is....i let people yank me into going against my gut feelings....i always get fucked when i do that...

the devil is always in the details...he would get rid of the supervisor who told me...i think what upsets me most is....i let people yank me into going against my gut feelings....i always get fucked when i do that...

Follow your gut instincts. From my own personal experience, confronting the person in power is fine as long as you don't mind losing your job.

Forum List

Back