A "Silver" lining?

Trakar

VIP Member
Feb 28, 2011
Why some Business Insiders believe that “Climate Change is nothing to worry about.”
One such professional actuary, named Gail Tverberg puts it:
They say that every cloud has a silver lining.
If future energy consumption (which is mostly fossil fuel) drops because of a financial collapse brought on by high oil prices and other limits, then, at least in theory, climate change should be less of a problem…

Unfortunately, I have more faith in short-term, profit-driven, self-benefitting ingenuity, than I do in the fore-sight wisdom of the species that ironically dubs itself the “wise, wise-men.”
I, personally, do not think we will try to undertake major action until after we have already slipped over the edge of the precipice.

Gail is also a peak oil advocate who was part of a group that claimed it happened in 2008. Anyone gullible enough to fall for baptism in that religion has to be watched pretty carefully in everything else they say. True believers don't often change their stripes.

Gail is also a peak oil advocate who was part of a group that claimed it happened in 2008. Anyone gullible enough to fall for baptism in that religion has to be watched pretty carefully in everything else they say. True believers don't often change their stripes.

Agreed, many of those who say "do not worry about climate change, it will take care of itself," have an agenda which allows and encourages them to disregard issues of science and compelling evidences in the glorification of their "higher" goals and il-supported beliefs.

Forum List

Back