A "Shutdown" until January is about Right.

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas
The Pelosi-McCarthy CR expires November 16th.

Anyone who has ever worked for the federal government knows what happens that time of year. "Work," such as it is, comes to a near standstill anyway. Skeleton crews, with generous vacations an days off.

I remember from 30 years ago, well before the "remote work" craze. 80% of them are staying home anyway, or working real jobs while staying logged into the government "workspace."

So, we won't see any difference.

Anyone who has ever worked for the federal government knows what happens that time of year. "Work," such as it is, comes to a near standstill anyway. Skeleton crews, with generous vacations an days off.

I remember from 30 years ago, well before the "remote work" craze. 80% of them are staying home anyway, or working real jobs while staying logged into the government "workspace."

Complete Bullshit

Still lying and denying.

The Truth lies somewhere in between ... I have a close friend who worked her way up the bureaucracy ... and absolutely there's very lazy government employees ... and they treated my friend like dirt for working hard ... until they start to have to address her as "your honor" ... [snicker] ...

I agree bureaucracy is inefficient ... but I blame the cheats of the world ... if everybody followed building codes, we wouldn't need building permits ...

The Truth lies somewhere in between ... I have a close friend who worked her way up the bureaucracy ... and absolutely there's very lazy government employees ... and they treated my friend like dirt for working hard ... until they start to have to address her as "your honor" ... [snicker] ...

I agree bureaucracy is inefficient ... but I blame the cheats of the world ... if everybody followed building codes, we wouldn't need building permits ...

Yep, just like everywhere there are good people and bad people in the Govt.

Government work makes people lazy. There is peer pressure to not work hard, no consequences for poor performance and an arms length style of supervision.

Lazy people go into all professions, but few jobs nurture and reward laziness in the way that governmentvwork does.

There's a reason why no one says "close enough for private sector work."

Totally not true. When I worked on Capitol Hill those getting paid to walk around the Smithsonian museums all day days were totally work-related trips.

You just described every post made by Seemore.

He has really jumped the shark of late.
This thread struck a nerve I see.

I wax poetic:

The mule earns his living by the sweat of his neck,
While the Dim sits and waits for the government check.
The Dim should be smarter, but he went to public school.
So in a spelling contest, I'd bet on the mule.

For whatever it is worth on a serious note, yes lots of people vacationed in the fall, but when all the members went home or wherever, it was actually more productive IMO at least as far as all the other crap we did. That was when we would do constituent services, research, etc. when you could focus. When the House was in session and votes were being had you could cut the tension with a knife. A lot of free floating anxiety, phones ringing off the hooks, lines of people coming in and out. It was a totally different place when the LD and Member were present than when it wasn't. It was also the only time you really got to rub elbows with the staffs of other offices and network, particularly across party lines.

Really? All 2 million+ workers? Each and every one of them?

And you get this information from where?

The fun part is we will not have a shutdown, the new Speaker has already said he will work with the Dems to pass a CR to give them time to get the spending bills done.

The same thing that got McCarthy fired and this guy will be worshiped for it as he is a Trump disciple .

The fun part is we will not have a shutdown, the new Speaker has already said he will work with the Dems to pass a CR to give them time to get the spending bills done.

The same thing that got McCarthy fired and this guy will be worshiped for it as he is a Trump disciple .
McCarthy got fired for teaming up with Dems to continue the insane Pelosi COVID era budget.

If Speaker Johnson does the same, he should be fired also.

Agree, Good & just ok & bad people in every kind of job,
BUT people in government make the rules, And usually too there advantage.

99% of the people working for the Fed Govt do not make rules, you are confusing the worker bees with the elected officials

Forum List

Back