A Sermon for Today

But that isn't the truth, Steven. The enemy wants you to believe that God is too restrictive, too demanding but in reality it's the accuser who is controlling, demanding, and keeping those in his grip in "fear". That isn't the report in the LORD's camp. From the beginning the enemy attempted to make God appear as you suggest but the truth is that God only told them to not eat from "one tree" not the entire garden.

Sermon of the Day 5/13/2015

Subtle Judgments
By Michael Boldea Jr.

Hand of Help Ministries

Some tend to believe God’s only means of judging His creation and doing so in righteousness is via bombastic events that cause the world to pause and take a breath, and makes man realize the utter insignificance of his existence here on earth.

When we think of God’s judgment we tend to gravitate more towards the earthquake which just devastated Nepal than we do about what is happening in America momentarily.

What many fail to realize is that not all of God’s judgments are the same. Yes, there are certain times wherein the judgment of God is like a thunderclap in the silence, but there are also subtler judgments, some we might not even consider or acknowledge as such.

One of the most devastating of God’s judgments and one I have witnessed time and again is that of leaving man to his own devices, machinations, and destructive tendencies. God doesn’t need to throw lightning bolts at most folks to visit judgment upon them; all He needs to do is leave them to do as they will, and that’s judgment enough.

With the removal of light, the mind becomes darkened. Once the mind becomes darkened the choices we make and actions we take become so antithetical to our own self-interests it would make a schizophrenic do a double take.

Reason packs its bags and goes off on a long vacation, common sense has long since left the building, and all we have left is blind rage, anger at anyone and everyone, all because it’s far easier finding someone else to blame for our bad choices and poor decisions than it is to own up to the fact that we are directly responsible for where we find ourselves at any given moment in life.

We look upon the whole of humanity today and realize a vast swath of it is much like the Nebuchadnezzar of old sans the grass eating and sleeping out in the woods. Madness has overtaken men and women of all ages, social standing, and aptitudes, so much so that their singular purpose in life is their gut and their groin.

Hedonism has become the religion of the day, and for the sake of convenience thousands of innocents are slaughtered upon its altars daily, while the gullible and easily culled swallow the ‘choice’ pill as though it has become acceptable in the eyes of both God and men to choose murder on a whim, or because bringing a life into the world would conflict with your plans for the summer.

We are witnessing the beginning of the end, and most of us don’t even know it. What is left but judgment when the whole of man has become but brute beasts who no longer know the meaning of dignity, humanity, or holiness, and whose only god is the reflection staring back at them in the mirror?

Even those who have for long and long cried ‘mercy’ are grudgingly beginning to acknowledge that God’s judgment is justified, deserved, and necessary.

With love in Christ,
Michael Boldea Jr.
DMinDzi093o

Sermon for Today 5-16-2015

The Sea of Damnation
by William Dyer

Though the patience of God is lasting it is not everlasting. If by the warnings of God you are not alarmed you shall be consumed by his wrath. The longer God is in his raising his omnipotent arm the heavier will be the blow when it comes. The day that begins in mercy may end in judgment. God is silent for only so long but know that God has vials of wrath filled with indignation for vessels of wrath fitted for destruction. If Gods mercy does not draw you to repentance, God's judgments will drive you to destruction. The sea of damnation shall not be sweetened with one drop of compassion. How will we escape if we neglect such a great salvation? Hebrews 2:3 If you neglect the great salvation you cannot escape the great damnation. .
O sinners, think of this before the bottomless pit has shut its mouth upon you.
-William Dyer

Last edited:
Please get out your KING JAMES BIBLE and prepare your hearts for a lavish feast! This is the Word of the LORD for you today!

Sermon for today
Are you willing?
by Leonard Ravenhill - 5/21/2015

A godless comedian is your idea of an authority on the Holy Bible, Steven? You must be joking.

You've got it all wrong. He's not an authority, and in any event it's the message, not the messenger. The Bible should be able to be boiled down to "try to be nice to one another." Instead, it's all about fear. Do this... or else. Worship that way... or else. Don't even think about that other thing... or else.

Try to be nice to one another? Is that a joke?

I believe the Bible can be brought down to this one message. Jesus Christ is the Living Word, He is God and there is none other, Steven. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever. The Bible is a 2,000 yr. (plus) old arrow pointing straight towards Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is God. The disciple Thomas said, My Lord and My God. (Jesus didn't correct him - take note) Call upon the name of the LORD and thou shalt be saved.

For the record - Satan's calling card is fear. The LORD operates by Faith. Not fear. Perfect Love casteth out all fear. God is love. It is written.

Last edited:
Sermon for today 5/23/2015

Satan's Incessant Hatred
by William Gurnall

Your heart may break, like Lamech's, with the weight of your sorrow. But unfortunately their rescue is out of your hands. What a grief to your spirit to see them on the road to hell and know you paid the toll, yet not be able to call them back! Even after you are dead and gone, your sins may be perpetuated in those who are alive, generation after generation.

Devils are maliciously and incessantly wicked. Fallen angels are not just incidentally or occasionally wicked, but willfully and constantly wicked. The devil's name, "wicked one," denotes his spiteful nature, his desire to vex and harass others. He draws the soul to sin, not because he tastes any sweetness or finds any profit in such enterprise. He has too much light to have any real joy or peace in sin. He knows his doom, and trembles at the thought of it. Yet his spiteful nature drives him mercilessly. He is as bloodthirsty for souls as a mad dog for sheep. The difference is that the dog will finally drop from exhaustion, whereas Satan never tires of his work as a butcher of souls.

Though he toils for the eternal damnation of every soul, the devil's open vengeance is most often directed towards the saints. if he could, he would not leave one of Christ's flock alive. Such is the height of malice against God, whom he hates with a perfect hatred. And because he cannot reach Him with a direct blow, he strikes at Him secondhand through the saints. He knows the life of God is in a very real sense bound up in theirs. If you are even now feeding in God's green pastures and drinking from the well of His mercy, beware. Satan is sure to attack. He knows the honor God receives on this earth is directly related to the flow of His mercy. He therefore labors to build a dam with his wicked deeds that will stop the flow of mercy to the saints. This is the worst that can be said of these wicked demons: They maliciously spite God, and in God, the glory of His mercy.
-William Gurnall, Christian in Complete Armour
You can read more of William Gurnall's daily devotionals online here:
William Gurnall -- The Christian in Complete Armour

Sermon for Today 5/24/2015
A Life of Great Consequence
By Gary Wilkerson

A Life of Great Consequence by Gary Wilkerson World Challenge

Little things in our lives can sometimes derail God’s bigger purposes for us.
Solomon wrote, “Catch the foxes for us, the little foxes that spoil the vineyards, for our vineyards are in blossom” (Song of Solomon 2:15). He’s warning that oftentimes it’s the little, nagging issues that keep us from walking fully in God’s calling to abundant life in him.

Do you remember when you gave your life to Jesus? Like other new Christians, maybe your heart was filled with laser-like purpose. You experienced God’s healing love, and you longed to share it with others, evangelizing, reconciling and serving. As you moved forward in this new life, you began to better discern your role in God’s kingdom and your gifts for serving him. Maybe you even sensed a calling to ministry of some kind.

But then you noticed something peculiar happening. Almost daily, your singular focus on Jesus got crowded out by other demands. Little things popped up, capturing your attention and distracting you so that slowly you lost your focus on Christ.

My father, David Wilkerson, was very familiar with this aspect of the Christian life. He was determined to have an intimate life with God through prayer, and nothing could interrupt that. Dad prayed between two and four hours every day of his life, sometimes setting aside a whole day for prayer and letting us know not to interrupt him. We knew it wasn’t a time to ask him for help with homework. My dad meant it when he told my mom, “I don’t care if the President calls. Unless there’s a life-or-death emergency, please don’t knock on my office door.” She understood and protected that time for him.

The need for laser-like focus is demonstrated by the famous Wallenda family. They’re tightrope walkers dating back seven generations. Just over a year ago, Nik Wallenda added to his family’s legend by walking on a high wire across a gorge in the Grand Canyon. The wind was fierce that day, and Nik was unsure about the event. But once he made up his mind, he had a laser focus. He emerged from his quarters with an expression that inspired awe. The entire media grew quiet, and the cameras zeroed in on Nik’s face. His every breath was in sync with his task. The blowing winds that day were no match for his focus; pole in hand, he strode forward to the wire — and walked all the way across the gorge, never distracted for an instant.

Nik Wallenda’s focus is literally a matter of life or death. Yet we in the church of Jesus Christ have an even higher calling—but do we have his laser-beam focus? How often has our distraction turned into days, months, even years of meandering and mediocrity?

John the Baptist would not let himself be distracted, leading a life of great consequence.
The Gospel of John tells us, “A discussion arose between some of John’s disciples and a Jew over purification. And they came to John and said to him, ‘Rabbi, he who was with you across the Jordan, to whom you bore witness — look, he is baptizing, and all are going to him’” (John 3:25- 26). John’s followers were speaking of Jesus. Evidently they had theological concerns about him. Maybe they’d heard about his miracle at Cana and thought he mishandled the cisterns.

John wasn’t going to be distracted by the debate. He knew that something greater was at stake than doctrinal sticking points. He answered, “A person cannot receive even one thing unless it is given him from heaven” (3:27). In other words: “Can someone work a miracle like this if they haven’t been sent by God? That kind of power comes only from heaven.”

What John says next is powerful: “You yourselves bear me witness, that I said, ‘I am not the Christ, but I have been sent before him’.... He must increase, but I must decrease” (3:28, 30). John’s focus in life was clear: His holy calling was centered completely on Jesus. For that reason John the Baptist was known as a great man.

The problem for many of us today, in our success-driven culture, is that we seek great things for ourselves. Well- intentioned ministers seek to build a twitter following. Christians want to be heard even if it means having fifteen seconds of stupidity on YouTube. We may convince ourselves we’re pursuing things for God, but is Jesus really our focus? Without rigorous examination of our hearts, we won’t be able to discern whether we’re pleasing our Master or following an inner longing for validation.

The prophet Jeremiah addressed this question directly: “Do you seek great things for yourself? Seek them not, for behold, I am bringing disaster upon all flesh, declares the LORD. But I will give you your life as a prize of war in all places to which you may go” (Jeremiah 45:5). Jeremiah makes clear that God measures greatness much differently from the world. Note that he doesn’t say, “Do not be great. You’ll get spiritual brownie points for false humility.” No, as Jesus himself says, greatness is measured in how well we serve others.

John the Baptist is a biblical example of how to resist worldly distractions and pursue true greatness. He testified, “The friend of the bridegroom... rejoices greatly at the bridegroom’s voice” (John 3:29). John is describing a servant’s role. Contrast that with the derogatory saying we often hear today: “Always a bridesmaid, never the bride.” In Jesus’ day, the supporting role in a wedding was a place of honor and respect because of its incredible demands. In fact, it called for a person of great stature and responsibility.

In that time, the friend of the bridegroom was in charge of the whole marriage event. He invited all the guests. He planned and organized the wedding ceremony. He hosted and oversaw the reception. He even arranged the honeymoon, going ahead of the couple to make sure everything was in place for his friend and the bride. And he secured their new home, preparing it for the couple to live in. In short, the friend of the bridegroom was responsible for it all.

His role was a rigorous work of love and grace, from beginning to end. Finally, he stood at the door of the couple’s new home, waiting in the dark as the exuberant wedding procession made its way through the streets amid joyful music and dancing. What a glorious moment when the bridegroom called out in the night, “I am here,” and his friend answered faithfully, “And I am here!” helping to guide the procession to the door.

John the Baptist wasn’t saying, “Theology isn’t important.”
John was saying, “How can you be fixated on minutiae like this if you’re truly focused on the essentials? Jesus is going to give his life as a sacrifice, rise from the grave, and return for a bride whose faith is spotless and without wrinkle. Can you not see what God is doing in your midst?”

John had good reason for his laser focus: He knew he was about to die. King Herod’s household had begun calling for his head. Now it was as if John were telling his followers, “I have only a few days left, and I’ve got one thing on my mind. I want everything I say to be fueled with this urgent message: ‘Turn to Jesus.’ I want my passion to be for the one true thing!”

When my son Evan was bound up by drug addiction and was essentially homeless, I didn’t spend my days debating whether I should trade in my old car for a new one. I had one thing on my mind: my son’s well-being. Even important issues of life paled in comparison.

John the Baptist had one overriding passion, and it is contained in this beautiful verse: “The friend of the bridegroom, who stands and hears him, rejoices greatly at the bridegroom’s voice. Therefore this joy of mine is now complete” (John 3:29). Knowing his own time was short, John could rejoice over one thing: Jesus had come to proclaim the kingdom of God!

We all play John’s role in God’s kingdom—to pave the way for people to receive Jesus. When that is our singular, laser focus, all else falls into its rightful place. And God promises to empower us in our service to him. As John the Baptist testified, “He whom God has sent utters the words of God, for he gives the Spirit without measure” (3:34).

You can have God’s own Spirit without measure, to guide you in the purposes he has planned for you. Have you been distracted from your one purpose? Make Jesus your focus again. You are called as a friend of the Bridegroom — and the sound of his voice brings rejoicing!

Sermon for today 5/26/2015

There was no title - but I find Life or Death to be a good one for this message.

A matter of life or death
by Paul Washer

Sermon for Today 5/28/2015
Fervent Love
By Michael Boldea Jr.

1 Peter 1:22-25, “Since you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit in sincere love of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart, having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever, because ‘all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of the grass. The grass withers, and its flower falls away, but the word of the Lord endures forever.’ Now this is the word which by the gospel was preached to you.’”

Peter begins these three verses with an educated assumption based on the individuals to whom he was writing. He presupposes that those who would be reading his words had already purified their souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit in sincere love of the brethren.

Long before we can delve into the discussion of fervent love, what it is, why we ought to possess it, and who it ought to be focused upon, we must determine whether or not our souls have been purified in obeying the truth through the Spirit.

If this has not occurred, if this purification has not taken place, then discussion of the latter things will prove pointless, and will only end up frustrating us to no end, for without having had our souls purified by obeying truth, it is impossible to grasp the meaning of fervent love, and what it is to have been born again of incorruptible seed.

The problem with dumbing down the gospel is that certain things just can’t be dumbed down. We have oversimplified the process, hoping to attract more souls, but in so doing we have nullified the process altogether because the primary ingredients, those things required to make one’s soul regenerate, and an individual born again, have been removed.

The first step on this journey is always the submitting of oneself to the truth. We come humbly before the throne of God, we ask forgiveness with repentance and sincerity, then in having truth revealed to us, we obey it through the Spirit, without attempting to alter it, twist it, or otherwise make it something it is not.

The modern day spiritual person loves the idea of fellowship with God, but loathes the notion of obedience to the truth. They want to do what they want to do, and still enjoy intimacy with the Creator, even though the Word clearly tells us this is an impossible thing.

It is in obeying the truth through the Spirit that we purify our souls, not in signing up to a particular denomination, sitting under a certain individual’s teaching, or uttering some inane mantra upon waking from our slumber every morning.

Obedience of truth is a prerequisite, and knowing this, Peter assumed that those to whom he was writing were already far enough along wherein their souls had been purified in obeying the truth through the Spirit.

Obedience is not a one-off endeavor. We don’t obey truth once, and then go about our merry lives nevermore giving it another moment’s thought. Obedience is an ongoing practice, something we endeavor to, and aspire to, and strive for every single day of our lives, for we know that in obedience of truth we discover the key to the purification of our souls and being reborn of incorruptible seed.

We read the words of Jesus concerning the end times, essentially prophesying that the love of many will wax cold and that brother will turn against brother, and as little as a handful of years ago we could not see how this could be. Well, the picture is becoming clearer, the love of many is no more than cold ash, animosity toward one’s fellow man is at an all-time high, and at the heart of it all is the absence of obedience to the truth.

When first we stray from truth, we begin a journey toward the heart of darkness that only repentance and obedience can subvert.

With love in Christ,
Michael Boldea Jr.
Hand of Help Ministries

Sermon for 5/29/2015

Exposing the False Religion of Catholicism
By Pastor Tony Smith

Exposing the False Teachers / Infiltrators and agents of Rome
Compare their Words to the Word of God - this is how the Church was infiltrated by Jesuit agents to corrupt - to mislead - to ultimately prepare them to receive the anti-Christ system of Rome. These two men you'll recognize. Think of how many they deceived! Even to this day.

For those who didn't know: Billy Graham is on record telling world he is a democrat, he is supporting homosexuality,he supports abortion, his disbelief in a literal hell,supports practice of infant baptism to save children,supports Catholic church Mary Worship.Yet he calls himself a Christian. He is an agent of Rome - trained by the Jesuits. Only 2% of the Jesuits are Priests. The others were sent into the USA and throughout the world to infiltrate the Protestant Churches and destroy the Doctrine of Christ and steer the Believers away from the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He is an agent of Rome. Tony Palmer was a Jesuit trained agent of Rome too but he was killed after he finished his assignment of appealing to the Protestants to submit to Rome and the Jesuit Pope.

Last edited:
Sermon of the Day

The Laodicean Church
by Leonard Ravenhill

The fault of what has happened to the world lies at the feet of the church. We need to heed the warning to the Laodicean Church and recognize our responsibility as Christians to a lost and dying world. The world is acting as it should apart from Christ - like a ship without a rudder - but what is the church's excuse? We do not have one. The only answer is repentance and a return to following Christ and walking as He did.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back