A Rubicon Is Crossed

I suspect a lot will depend, in the long run, on whether there are other indictments. Charges with more teeth. If this ends up being the only indictment, it ain't gonna look good, whether he broke the law or not. From what I'm hearing, these are low-level felonies at best.

That's how low he's dragged down our standards. "Well, that's not a BAD ENOUGH felony".

Man, what a fucked up time. I wonder if Bragg wishes he had entered another profession.
If the Trumpers are arguing that misdemeanors shouldn't be prosecuted, a whole lot of Black men need to be let out of jail and paid restitution. Or are they arguing that there should be two tiers of justice, one for poor Black men and one for connected White men?

If the Trumpers are arguing that misdemeanors shouldn't be prosecuted, a whole lot of Black men need to be let out of jail and paid restitution. Or are they arguing that there should be two tiers of justice, one for poor Black men and one for connected White men?
WoN't SoMeOnE ThInK oF ThE PoOr BlAx!!!!

Just you ya race pimp

You called Trump a sleaze ball. If Trump is a sleaze ball because he had sexual relations with women outside of his marriage, many if not most of our Presidents are also sleaze balls.

Trump is a sleazeball because he has a long history of criminality, bank fraud, tax fraud, insurance fraud, discrimination, money laundering, and sexual assault.

According to Nancy Pelosi, you must prove your innocence. At least if you're Trump, or any of the 74 million Americans who voted for him.

And, also, George Floyd was actually named George Kirby.
They will prove Trump's guilt. He will have to prove his innocence by explaining the documented crimes. Documents don't lie.

Well, this whole ugly phenomenon has been a study in projection.

Trump is a sleazeball because he has a long history of criminality, bank fraud, tax fraud, insurance fraud, discrimination, money laundering, and sexual assault.
All these allegations have been investigated and investigated and investigated. None up to now resulted in any indictments. Trump is likely the most investigated individual in American history. Law professors say it appears the charges against Trump may get pitched by the court.

***snip***

…Trump is the most investigated man in the history of the US. He’s got committees investigating him, he’s got 100 newspapers investigating him. He’s got a special counsel investigating him. He’s got the AG of NY investigating him. And they have nothing.

A Rubicon Is Crossed

31 Mar 2023 ~~ By John Hinderaker

So the Democrats decided to indict Donald Trump after all. (I assume that Alvin Bragg would not have proceeded without a green light from higher-ups in the party.) Here, as in so many other areas, we are in uncharted waters. The Democrats have launched a sort of blitzkrieg against our traditions, our Constitution, our culture (at least, our culture as it was), and every form of restraint that makes civil society possible. They have unleashed a wind, and seem serenely confident that they will never face a whirlwind. I don’t know, maybe they are right. I do know that after today, our country will never be the same again.
In the short term, the indictment will help Donald Trump politically. Perhaps that was the Democrats’ intention. But I don’t think any of us can foresee how it will play out. Legally speaking, the indictment is a joke. No doubt Trump will try to have it dismissed, but I don’t know enough about criminal procedure in New York to have any idea how long that will take, or what his prospects of success are. Bear in mind that any motion to dismiss will most likely be heard by a Trump-hating Democratic judge. If the case makes it to trial, it will go before a New York jury that probably will consist entirely of Democrats and–once again–Trump haters. There is no way a conviction can be ruled out. Appeals would follow, likely taking a year or more.
~Snip~
But I do know that today is an evil day in America’s history. The Democrats are behaving like a party from a pre-Enlightenment, pre-constitutional era. Seeing themselves in the driver’s seat, they are making a naked grab for totalitarian power across a broad range of issues and institutions. Indicting a former president on frivolous grounds is shocking, but it is of a piece with the strategies Democrats are following in Washington and across the country.

Commentary:
Maoist Democrats are not only dangerous totalitarians, they also have a monopoly on the levers of power - the “press”, the Judiciary, the legal profession, many in professional sports, the hollowed-out military, Big Business, the trash in what’s left of Hollywood, the Democratic Senate and 80 percent of the so-called Rs in the Senate. What do we have?? Smarts, ingenuity, numbers, the rising Red States, and the House of Representatives.
Logic dictates that Alvin Bragg would not have proceeded without a green light from higher-ups in the party. Say, like the Atty. General Merrick Garland.
Then there's the new legal standard created by Pelosi that you must prove your innocence. That is only true with respect to conservatives in a Maoist Democrat Commie kangaroo court similar to our brothers and sisters locked up in DC. If you are okay with that, I guess it is okay for us to stand there and do nothing when you're wrongly accused and convicted.
According to the U.S. Constitution, its Amendments and the Bill of Rights you are innocent until proven guilty. The prosecution must prove your guilt beyond all reason.
You say a lot of big words that you have no idea what they mean, chimp.

You're race baiting.

One for cases on which the statute has run. Another for cases in which the statute hasn't run.

Forum List

Back