A Realistic Explanation for Mass Shootings

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by PoliticalChic, Dec 16, 2012.

1. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,052
    1. There is science…and then there is science. David Gross, particle physicist, once proclaimed ‘Physics is the Queen of Science.’ Most agree, due to the special language it speaks, mathematics, and the nature of the questions with which it deals.

a. Then there is Economics…called the “Dismal Science,” thought to be with respect to Malthus’ prediction of worldwide starvation.

b. In the early 19th century an article referred to boxing as ““Sweet Science of Bruising,”

c. Then, there is what is often called “The Soft Science….Psychology.” “In a soft science, it turns out that every person is different and every situation is different, and even if you have general guidelines which describe how things happen…the predictions are not precise and do not apply in all situations.” Why is psychology a soft science

2. Once we agree that psychology hardly fits a definition of 'science,' shouldn’t we ask why such a hit-or –miss , slapdash jumble of theories and procedures has such an inordinate authority over children?

a. “Then we had a whole new generation of medicines, like Prozac and Luvox and Zoloft, and they worked. And then we had a whole group of psychologists who came up with talk therapies that were very effective in treating these disorders….There are reports that the use of psychotropic medications has increased 700 percent in ten years…. "Is your child getting medicine?" . . . More and more, doctors were being asked to say, "We can only approve therapy sessions if you've also given a trial of medicine." Or parents were being told, "We can only give therapy if the child is also getting medicine." The Ritalin Explosion | PBS - Medicating Kids | FRONTLINE | PBS

3. There are short, simple answers to why and how these “scientists” assumed control over our children….but the truth is part of a much larger picture. A major impetus of Progressive ideology was a belief in a new branch of government, peopled by ‘nonpartisan’ experts and bureaucrats….and the school system is a branch of government.
    And guess who rules the school system: Progressives.

a. Frank Goodnow, a president of Johns Hopkins University, pioneered with Woodrow Wilson a science of administration separated from the limits of constitutional government. The Progressives envision an ‘Administrative State’ that moves to solve social ills as they develop by expanding through the addition of unelected bureaucrats, czars, commissions and ‘experts,’ a la the European type of government. The Birth of the Administrative State: Where It Came From and What It Means for Limited Government

4. Now for the dénouement: “In mass shootings involving guns and mind-altering medications, politicians immediately seek to blame guns but never the medication. Nearly every mass shooting that has taken place in America over the last two decades has a link to psychiatric medication, and it appears today's tragic event is headed in the same direction.

According to ABC News, Adam Lanza, the alleged shooter, has been labeled as having “mental illness” and a “personality disorder.” These are precisely the words typically heard in a person who is being “treated” with mind-altering psychiatric drugs…. The Columbine High School shooters were, of course, on psychiatric drugs… One of the most common side effects of psychiatric drugs is violent outbursts and thoughts of suicide…. We should be outlawing psychiatric medications, not an inanimate piece of metal.” Gun control? We need medication control! Newton elementary school shooter Adam Lanza likely on meds; labeled as having 'personality disorder'

Again?
    "...politicians immediately seek to blame guns but never the medication. Nearly every mass shooting that has taken place in America over the last two decades has a link to psychiatric medication,..."

5. No…NOT guns…..rather, a philosophy that anoints some with an undeserved authority, and with disastrous results.

Psychologists...and psychotropic drugs.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  2. bobcollum

bobcollum BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,003
    I tend to agree with this notion.

America, and especially the children, have become victims of big pharma. Their mission isn't to help anyone, it's to add to the ranks of pilled-up zombies, all to line their pockets.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. PoliticalChic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,052
    So…..why drug children? Why give psychologists and schools access and authority to do so?

Because Leftist philosophy dictates that human nature is not fixed, but is malleable, and with the right changes….Utopia is just around the corner.

This is accentuated in radical feminism:

1. Radical feminism, though, proceeds from “a doctrine of original sin: The world’s evils originate in male supremacy.”
    Patai and Koertge, “Professing Feminism: Cautionary Tales from the Strange World of Women’s Studies,” p. 183

2. First, one must be familiar with the jargon. “Sex” is merely biological while “gender” refers to roles. Radical Feminists claim roles to be ‘socially constructed,’ which means that everything about men and women, sans organs of reproduction, can be altered by changes in the social and cultural environment.

a. This view attacks not only men, but institutions responsible for the oppression, such as the family, and traditional religion.

b. Those familiar with the Port Huron Statement of the Sixties radicals with understand the concept that human nature is infinitely malleable and therefore infinitely perfectible. Port Huron Statement of the Students for a Democratic Society, 1962

3. Psychotropic drugs are perfect to make boys docile, compliant….more feminine.
    But who really knows what other effects they have….

4. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,012
    Or

he was batshit crazy

5. The Infidel

The Infidel EVIL CONSERVATIVE

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,173
    How does that explain those murderous guns?

6. PoliticalChic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,052
    "I Am Adam Lanza’s Mother
    Liza Long
    Three days before 20-year-old Adam Lanza killed his mother, then opened fire on a classroom full of Connecticut kindergartners, my 13-year-old son Michael (name changed) missed his bus because he was wearing the wrong color pants.

... The mental hospital didn't have any beds that day, and Michael calmed down nicely in the ER, so they sent us home with a prescription for Zyprexa and a follow-up visit with a local pediatric psychiatrist.

We still don't know what's wrong with Michael. Autism spectrum, ADHD, Oppositional Defiant or Intermittent Explosive Disorder have all been tossed around at various meetings with probation officers and social workers and counselors and teachers and school administrators.

...He's been on a slew of antipsychotic and mood-altering pharmaceuticals, a Russian novel of behavioral plans.

...I am sharing this story because I am Adam Lanza's mother. I am Dylan Klebold's and Eric Harris's mother. I am Jason Holmes's mother. I am Jared Loughner's mother. I am Seung-Hui Cho's mother. And these boys—and their mothers—need help. In the wake of another horrific national tragedy, it's easy to talk about guns. But it's time to talk about mental illness."
    I Am Adam Lanza's Mother

7. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,684
    This.
    Yep.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  8. PoliticalChic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,052
    The comments on the Gawker page are worth reading!

Here's part of one:
    "We still don't know what's wrong with Michael.

Oh really?

He's been on a slew of antipsychotic and mood altering pharmaceuticals

I say this as someone who had the same anger issues as a kid and after taking a variety of medications over the years, went off the deep end around the age of 14.

GET HIM OFF ALL OF IT NOW!!!

Why the hell are you blindly trusting Doctors and Shrinks? Do you think they are very knowledge about how the brain works? They're not. At all. Oh, they may be full of current knowledge of how the brain works, but current knowledge of that is shit.

Not to mention that they don't know that much about the pills they push, except for what the pharmaceuticals tell them. (And no, this isn't a rant against big pharma, who are the best we have in the dark ages we live in.)

Seriously, I am not some paranoid conspiracy theorist. I base my beliefs on simple and plain logic.

1. Doctors of all stripes, neurosurgeons included, don't know that much about the brain.
    2. Many pills work off of theory, I.E., best fucking guesses. All shrink pills work off theory.
    3. Once again, current science knows less than shit about how the brain works. Yet we have pills that are supposed to fix the brain? How can you fix an engine without knowing how each and every part of it works? Oh, you may be able to add some coolant, because that part is easy to understand, and change a battery or plug a leak, but definitely shouldn't go adding parts, using new fuels to see if it'll run, and trying to rebuild another engine from scratch.
    4. Back to Doctors. Do you think your kid's shrinks studied the medication? That they were in the lab testing and developing? Heh. Hell no....."

9. PoliticalChic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,052
    "Even as infants, boys have higher levels of testosterone, which stimulates aggressive behavior, and lower levels of serotonin, which inhibits it. Researchers have found that infant boys cry more when unhappy while girls tend to comfort themselves by sucking their thumbs. Even at this early stage, girls seem to have more control of their emotions.

Boys, on the other hand, freshly sprung from the enforced immobility of the classroom, are often raucous, rowdy and rambunctious. They play in large groups, in a constant struggle for one-upmanship which serves to reveal the leader of the pack. Their games are structured, complex and focused on scores. Boys want to win.

Enter Ritalin."
    How to Make Boys Docile: Ritalin (Part of “The School System: A National Lab Project”) « Blackinformant.com Xtra!

10. PoliticalChic

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,052
    Recently Newsweek asked “Where do the great minds come from? And why are there no Einsteins, Freuds or Picassos today?” There is a tragic possibility: they are being psychiatrically diagnosed and drugged.

Any biography of Einstein, Freud, or Picasso will demonstrate enough childhood “pathology” to warrant diagnosis and drugging with the inevitable surpression of his unique contribution to life. (from The War Against Children by Peter R. Breggin, M.D. and Ginger Ross Breggin)