A real sex offender horror story - guilty until proven innocent

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
It has been a nightmare for Dan Wheeler for 15 years. It started with his wallet being stolen from his truck, and his identity stolen. Usually the trouble that follows has to do with bank or credit fraud, but Wheeler says his identity was stolen by a sex offender who was arrested and used Wheeler's name as an alias. "It's been absolutely miserable," said Wheeler.
About five years ago the Port Orchard man was stopped for making an illegal left turn.
"The officer told me to get out of the car and I was under arrest," said Wheeler. "I asked why and he said I was a wanted sex offender. I couldn't believe it."
Since then, Wheeler has been fighting desperately to get his identity back. He has a difficult timing getting any kind of job that involves a background check, and was recently rejected as a foster parent -- all because of a case of stolen identity.
"I've been to police and prosecutors and they all tell me there's nothing that can be done," said Wheeler.

Innocent man may be labeled a sex offender for 'rest of his life' | KING5.com | Seattle News and Video

And some people wonder why I don't trust the government.

It has been a nightmare for Dan Wheeler for 15 years. It started with his wallet being stolen from his truck, and his identity stolen. Usually the trouble that follows has to do with bank or credit fraud, but Wheeler says his identity was stolen by a sex offender who was arrested and used Wheeler's name as an alias. "It's been absolutely miserable," said Wheeler.
About five years ago the Port Orchard man was stopped for making an illegal left turn.
"The officer told me to get out of the car and I was under arrest," said Wheeler. "I asked why and he said I was a wanted sex offender. I couldn't believe it."
Since then, Wheeler has been fighting desperately to get his identity back. He has a difficult timing getting any kind of job that involves a background check, and was recently rejected as a foster parent -- all because of a case of stolen identity.
"I've been to police and prosecutors and they all tell me there's nothing that can be done," said Wheeler.

Innocent man may be labeled a sex offender for 'rest of his life' | KING5.com | Seattle News and Video

I do not trust "conservative" government.
In Georgia you can be peeing behind a bush, turn and see a child and be charged with child molestation.
If the prosecutor can prove it to a jury that you were "thinking" of anything sexual while peeing and the kid saw you then that is child molestation under Georgia, and many other states, law.
And it ain't liberals that pass these laws. I can give you 40 more just like this one.
SCARY shit.

In Georgia you can be peeing behind a bush, turn and see a child and be charged with child molestation.
If the prosecutor can prove it to a jury that you were "thinking" of anything sexual while peeing and the kid saw you then that is child molestation under Georgia, and many other states, law.
And it ain't liberals that pass these laws. I can give you 40 more just like this one.
SCARY shit.

Don't pee in public stupid.

My first thought when seeing this thread was "hot damn yukon has finally been arrested"

SCARY shit.

So you support that law.
And you claim I am stupid?
You are clueless. No wonder the Legislatures are getting away with these laws. The population is too ignorant to understand basic law.
Scary shit.

SCARY shit.

So you support that law.
You are clueless. No wonder the Legislatures are getting away with these laws. The population is too ignorant to understand basic law.
Scary shit.

Do I support a law that says you can't piss in public where other people might see you doing so? You bet.

Do I support charging you with being a sex offender if a child happens to see your pecker while you're doing so? No.

So you support that law.
Scary shit.

Do I support a law that says you can't piss in public where other people might see you doing so? You bet.

Do I support charging you with being a sex offender if a child happens to see your pecker while you're doing so? No.

You dance and dodge around the subject like a monkey on fire.
The law is for child molestation, not peeing in public and I specifically clarified that.

So you support that law.
Scary shit.

You dance and dodge around the subject like a monkey on fire.
The law is for child molestation, not peeing in public and I specifically clarified that.

The law is NOT for child molestation.

Here is the GA law

§ 16-6-8. Public indecency

(a) A person commits the offense of public indecency when he or she performs any of the following acts in a public place:

(1) An act of sexual intercourse;

(2) A lewd exposure of the sexual organs;

(3) A lewd appearance in a state of partial or complete nudity; or

(4) A lewd caress or indecent fondling of the body of another person.

(b) A person convicted of the offense of public indecency as provided in subsection (a) of this Code section shall be punished as for a misdemeanor except as provided in subsection (c) of this Code section.

(c) Upon a third or subsequent conviction for public indecency for the violation of paragraph (2), (3), or (4) of subsection (a) of this Code section, a person shall be guilty of a felony and shall be punished by imprisonment for not less than one nor more than five years.

(d) For the purposes of this Code section only, "public place" shall include jails and penal and correctional institutions of the state and its political subdivisions.

(e) This Code section shall be cumulative to and shall not prohibit the enactment of any other general and local laws, rules, and regulations of state and local authorities or agencies and local ordinances prohibiting such activities which are more restrictive than this Code section.

Very similar to the Arkansas law, and most other states. Notice the word LEWD. That gives the DA quite a bit of leeway to either dismiss the charge or not depending on what actually occurred.

You will notice that the punishment section does NOT say anything about becoming a sex offender.

HERE is the current GA law concerning child molestation.

§ 16-6-4. Child molestation; aggravated child molestation

(a) A person commits the offense of child molestation when such person:

(1) Does any immoral or indecent act to or in the presence of or with any child under the age of 16 years with the intent to arouse or satisfy the sexual desires of either the child or the person; or

(2) By means of an electronic device, transmits images of a person engaging in, inducing, or otherwise participating in any immoral or indecent act to a child under the age of 16 years with the intent to arouse or satisfy the sexual desires of either the child or the person.

(b) (1) Except as provided in paragraph (2) of this subsection, a person convicted of a first offense of child molestation shall be punished by imprisonment for not less than five nor more than 20 years and shall be subject to the sentencing and punishment provisions of Code Sections 17-10-6.2 and 17-10-7. Upon a defendant being incarcerated on a conviction for a first offense, the Department of Corrections shall provide counseling to such defendant. Except as provided in paragraph (2) of this subsection, upon a second or subsequent conviction of an offense of child molestation, the defendant shall be punished by imprisonment for not less than ten years nor more than 30 years or by imprisonment for life and shall be subject to the sentencing and punishment provisions of Code Sections 17-10-6.2 and 17-10-7; provided, however, that prior to trial, a defendant shall be given notice, in writing, that the state intends to seek a punishment of life imprisonment.

(2) If the victim is at least 14 but less than 16 years of age and the person convicted of child molestation is 18 years of age or younger and is no more than four years older than the victim, such person shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and shall not be subject to the sentencing and punishment provisions of Code Section 17-10-6.2.

(c) A person commits the offense of aggravated child molestation when such person commits an offense of child molestation which act physically injures the child or involves an act of sodomy.

(d) (1) Except as provided in paragraph (2) of this subsection, a person convicted of the offense of aggravated child molestation shall be punished by imprisonment for life or by a split sentence that is a term of imprisonment for not less than 25 years and not exceeding life imprisonment, followed by probation for life, and shall be subject to the sentencing and punishment provisions of Code Sections 17-10-6.1 and 17-10-7.

(2) A person convicted of the offense of aggravated child molestation when:

(A) The victim is at least 13 but less than 16 years of age;

(B) The person convicted of aggravated child molestation is 18 years of age or younger and is no more than four years older than the victim; and

(C) The basis of the charge of aggravated child molestation involves an act of sodomy shall be guilty of a misdemeanor and shall not be subject to the sentencing and punishment provisions of Code Section 17-10-6.1.

(e) A person shall be subject to prosecution in this state pursuant to Code Section 17-2-1 for any conduct made unlawful by paragraph (2) of subsection (a) of this Code section which the person engages in while:

(1) Either within or outside of this state if, by such conduct, the person commits a violation of paragraph (2) of subsection (a) of this Code section which involves a child who resides in this state; or

(2) Within this state if, by such conduct, the person commits a violation of paragraph (2) of subsection (a) of this Code section which involves a child who resides within or outside this state.

So in short, you lied, no one in Georgia is charged with sexual molestation for peeing on public.

SCARY shit.

Yes, it WAS liberals who passed those laws, you moronic jackass. All the measure 11 laws are liberal laws.

Fucking idiot. Are you really that stupid...is everything you "know" the exact opposite of reality and fact?

I worked with sex offenders and molested children, and I was 100 percent against Measure 11, btw. Meanwhile, all the liberal witch hunters were careening off the rails with it.

Eat it and fucking choke on it. Don't whine to me.

SCARY shit.

Sorry, but both "liberals" and "conservatives," Republicans and Democrats, support laws like this because opposing them means they are soft on crime, support pedophiles and rapists, and are anti-American. I distrust all government, conservative, moderate, or liberal.

SCARY shit.

Sorry, but both "liberals" and "conservatives," Republicans and Democrats, support laws like this because opposing them means they are soft on crime, support pedophiles and rapists, and are anti-American. I distrust all government, conservative, moderate, or liberal.

I can agree with not trusting the government.

That's a sad story, QW.

My ex d-i-l remarried a guy. (Fred) He fathered twins before they divorced.
He remarried a lady that had a teen daughter.

Fred grounds step-daughter. Step-daughter gets mad and calls Family Services and tells them that Fred followed her into the bathroom and watched her while she took a shower.
On just this girl's word Fred was labeled a sexual predator (not "just" a molester), and given 5 yrs probation where he couldn't visit his twin daughters without supervision.

Teen step-daughter has since admitted to filing a false police report, got 6 months probation....but Fred is still labeled as a predator unless and until he can afford to get a lawyer good enough to get his recorded expunged.

Sounds like the the perp really nees and ass whooping. I'd make it my mission in life to find my other self and stomp it's guts out.

SCARY shit.

LMAO! Wait, let me get this straight. YOU! Of all people on this site, are going to lecture someone else on peeing etiquette?????

YOU, the same person who gloated about peeing on a woman's face for fun. YOU!!!!:lol:

This made my week!!!! :clap2:

Forum List

Back