A real conundrum

Nosmo King

Gold Member
Aug 31, 2009
Buckle of the Rust Belt
My question is for a,very specific group of citizens and USMB posters.

There have been a few threads on the topic of the conditions in the euphemistically called 'containment centers' along our southern border. Reports cite deplorable conditions, particularly for the children detained there. Stories of denying children basic human needs such as soap, toothbrushes, clean clothes, beds and healthy meals. The truly disturbing part of this tragic story is the Trump administration efforts to keep denying these kids decent safe and sanitary facilities while they have been separated from their parents.

My question is: if you agree with the Trump efforts to house children in sub-standard conditions and you identify yourself as a Christian, why is it so important for the rest of us to adhere to your interpretation of Scripture concerning abortion or LGBTQ rights while you ignore Scripture where the treatment of children is concerned?

There have been a few threads on the topic of the conditions in the euphemistically called 'containment centers' along our southern border. Reports cite deplorable conditions, particularly for the children detained there. Stories of denying children basic human needs such as soap, toothbrushes, clean clothes, beds and healthy meals. The truly disturbing part of this tragic story is the Trump administration efforts to keep denying these kids decent safe and sanitary facilities while they have been separated from their parents.

My question is: if you agree with the Trump efforts to house children in sub-standard conditions and you identify yourself as a Christian, why is it so important for the rest of us to adhere to your interpretation of Scripture concerning abortion or LGBTQ rights while you ignore Scripture where the treatment of children is concerned?

The only conundrum is between your ears.

Regardless one’s religious beliefs, any normal, decent individual would oppose Trump’s reprehensible policy of detaining immigrants seeking asylum in such dreadful conditions, children in particular.

The kids parents broke the law, what do you want us to do with the them put them in Alcatraz?

Why haven't the democrats fast-tracked a bill for emergency toothbrush purchases?

The kids parents broke the law, what do you want us to do with the them put them in Alcatraz?

Should children be punished for the 'crimes' of their parents?

Here is a conundrum why should those who come here with intent of crossing into the country illegally and are caught get priority over American citizens who are living in deplorable conditions or out on the streets?

Why haven't the democrats fast-tracked a bill for emergency toothbrush purchases?
Mitch McConnell.

So you want us to free them and let them end up in the underground market of God knows what?

Here is a conundrum why should those who come here with intent of crossing into the country illegally and are caught get priority over American citizens who are living in deplorable conditions or out on the streets?
Can't we do both? In the land of the rich and famous, are you telling me that dec not, safe and sanitary conditions in which to hous echildren is out of our reach?

What a load of horseshit.
There are videos of immigrant children playing video games,soccer and they sleep in their own beds in the A/C.
Not to mention them getting nutritious meals and medical care.

Happens in America everyday.
You wanna lock up the kids in the general population?

They should not benefit from the crimes of their parents.

Do you use that same argument when discussing reparations?

So you want us to free them and let them end up in the underground market of God knows what?

That's not a choice. The actual choice is either provid them with decent safe and sanitary conditions or continue thempolicy of deliberate cruelty.

A few years back a fashion craze among Right Wingers was little fumband bracelets with WWJD embossed on them. My! How times have changed!

They should not benefit from the crimes of their parents.
A toothbrush and a bar of soap. Three healthy meals a day.

These are now "benefits"?

That's what death row prisoners get.

Mitch McConnell.

Spending bills originate in the House.

Can't we do both? In the land of the rich and famous, are you telling me that dec not, safe and sanitary conditions in which to hous echildren is out of our reach?
No sometimes you can't do both despite what so many like to believe we do not have an unlimited supply of money you can't do everything for everyone sometimes you have to prioritize. I know this is not something a lot of people especially those in government understand even so it still has to be done.

Forum List

Back