A Quick look at Food Stamp increases during Obama's tenure.

Here is an excerpt from an article examining unemployment and the food stamp program:

....For example, the level of those enrolled in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program — food stamps — has remained elevated even with an economic expansion that is nearly 7 ½ years old. SNAP recipients totaled 33.5 million in 2009, the year the recession ended. In 2016, the number is at 45.3 million. The government shelled out $74 billion in benefits last year, about double the level of 2008......

Huh? 12 million MORE food stamp recipients during an economic expansion? What kind of expansion is that?
So 12 million more food stamp recipients under Obama AND more importantly the food stamp costs have DOUBLED in 8 years. So that's a 35% increase in recipients and a 100% increase in payouts. Can you tell Liberals have been in charge?

In my area ( San Francisco) the new mega rich Hi-Tech people are moving into the brand new Hi- rises which used to be affordable housing ( torn down ) , many are pushed out of their homes and left homeless.
The average age for a Hi- Tech is 22- 40 years old... I know many in their 50's are considered old , and can not a good job to be able to afford the cost of living.
Many people work 2 or 3 jobs at minimum wage and still can't afford to live in this area...

I seem to recall the republican congress didn't think minimum wage should go up, while they gave themselves pay raises..
I can't afford to live on Martha's Vineyard. SO I DON"T!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes they are moving on , but I find your insensitive comment to ignore these people who are leaving their families and generation of culture in the city...
No one to clean the toilets, or teach their children of the new rich...

Here is an excerpt from an article examining unemployment and the food stamp program:

....For example, the level of those enrolled in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program — food stamps — has remained elevated even with an economic expansion that is nearly 7 ½ years old. SNAP recipients totaled 33.5 million in 2009, the year the recession ended. In 2016, the number is at 45.3 million. The government shelled out $74 billion in benefits last year, about double the level of 2008......

Huh? 12 million MORE food stamp recipients during an economic expansion? What kind of expansion is that?
So 12 million more food stamp recipients under Obama AND more importantly the food stamp costs have DOUBLED in 8 years. So that's a 35% increase in recipients and a 100% increase in payouts. Can you tell Liberals have been in charge?

are you surprised

I take care of some that desperately need their stamps to eat a proper meal, especially for health reason.

every form requires documentation, but we know there is fraud and abuse. Some would eat garbage, pet food or cheap junk food even if they need special diets, americans have paid their taxes for years/decades, while other just want free hand outs

What is also tragic is military families that need to apply
sure you do...................................

sure I do what???

Hospice, home care, tended civilians during war, have patients I make medicines for, cared for the disabled, educate on alternative medicine, research medical breakthroughs around the world..................?????

I've had a very diverse life, many talents. Why should I not volunteer my time and knowledge to care for the elderly, chronically ill or disabled while I still can? It is a way of giving to others. I know there will be a time when I will be the one needing care.

Service to others in some way was something taught and became a necessity since I was young. Should be for every one IMO

Forum List

Back