A question to make your head pop.

The ClayTaurus

Sep 19, 2005
Well, at least some of you.

Q: If you could outlaw all abortion, making it equal legally to murder in this country, but in exchange would have to accept gay marriage as legally equal to heterosexual marriage and grant gay married couples equal standing with heterosexual married couples in terms of adopting unwanted children, some of whom would have otherwise been aborted, would you?

The ClayTaurus said:

Q: If you could outlaw all abortion, making it equal legally to murder in this country, but in exchange would have to accept gay marriage as legally equal to heterosexual marriage and grant gay married couples equal standing with heterosexual married couples in terms of adopting unwanted children, some of whom would have otherwise been aborted, would you?
I feel as if I'd be winning out entirely on that, so I'd say "Yes" to making abortion equal to murder and having gay marriage made legally equal to heterosexual marriage.

The ClayTaurus said:
No copping out, punk. We already have one reality, would you switch it to this hypothetical one?

Who you calling punk, jackass? Let's try to keep those net balls in check, huh?

What you are doing here is exactly how reality is played out on a daily basis. Coercing people to choose the lesser of the two evils as some sort of "compromise." All that is compromised is our integrity.

I am against abortion as anything being medical necessity.

I am against gay marriage. They were offered the civil union with full legal rights; which, I would have agreed to. THEY, not I, rejected it because they want legitimization; which, I will not give.

I'm not compromising on either topic.

GunnyL said:
Who you calling punk, jackass? Let's try to keep those net balls in check, huh?

What you are doing here is exactly how reality is played out on a daily basis. Coercing people to choose the lesser of the two evils as some sort of "compromise." All that is compromised is our integrity.

I am against abortion as anything being medical necessity.

I am against gay marriage. They were offered the civil union with full legal rights; which, I would have agreed to. THEY, not I, rejected it because they want legitimization; which, I will not give.

I'm not compromising on either topic.
Ok ok, relax. The punk wasn't meant as an affront, I was recalling the words of Mr. P. earlier in the day. Sorry if I flared your temper, sir. Not my intention.

The ClayTaurus said:
Ok ok, relax. The punk wasn't meant as an affront, I was recalling the words of Mr. P. earlier in the day. Sorry if I flared your temper, sir. Not my intention.

You did not "flare my temper," so no problem. I merely responded to your smartass remark with one of my own.

My point to not choosing is in my post preceeding this one.

GunnyL said:
You did not "flare my temper," so no problem. I merely responded to your smartass remark with one of my own.

My point to not choosing is in my post preceeding this one.
Just making sure I didn't rile your anger. Smartass remarks are always appreciated; just making sure that's all it was, as that's all mine was :) :beer:

see i don't care if you get an abortion or if you like balls on your chin.....someone other than me will pass judgement on you

The ClayTaurus said:

Let's see...

:bang3: :blowup: :dunno: :scratch: :huh:

Abortions kill millions of babies each year, but gay marriage dissolves the family unit. In my eyes, gay marriage is worse. One can use other means to lower the abortion rate (e.g. abstinence programs), but once gay marriage is legal, the traditional family unit is on its way out, and society along with it.

So, to answer the question, no.

The ClayTaurus said:

How about this: Overturn Roe vs. Wade, let the abortion issue go back to being a state issue, and in exchange let same sex couples have civil unions with all the benefits of marriage.

I'd agree to that.

GunnyL said:
They were offered the civil union with full legal rights; which, I would have agreed to. THEY, not I, rejected it because they want legitimization; which, I will not give.

I can't find anything that says this Gunny. Can you provide a link or two please?

MissileMan said:
I can't find anything that says this Gunny. Can you provide a link or two please?

Neither can I. I looked for another thread. My statement is based on opinion polls and media articles at that particular time. I believe it was during the time they were issuing marriage licenses to gays in CA.

I'm not really one to formulate an opinion on one source, nor for no reason. However, I cannot find a link. If I do, I'll post it.

The ClayTaurus said:

No, I wouldn't.

The ClayTaurus said:

I generally think it'd be better for a kid to never be born than to have to live with homosexuals.

:(

dmp said:
I generally think it'd be better for a kid to never be born than to have to live with homosexuals.

:(
How about a child born to parents that loathe each other? What about those that Hate each other? Abort? What's the kid have to do with the disfunctional adults?

GunnyL said:
Neither can I. I looked for another thread. My statement is based on opinion polls and media articles at that particular time. I believe it was during the time they were issuing marriage licenses to gays in CA.

I'm not really one to formulate an opinion on one source, nor for no reason. However, I cannot find a link. If I do, I'll post it.

I did a google on civil unions and found articles about states denying gays not only marriage, but civil unions also. The reason I questioned it was because I doubt that gays would turn down such an offer. Ya never know though. :dunno:

Kathianne said:
How about a child born to parents that loathe each other? What about those that Hate each other? Abort? What's the kid have to do with the disfunctional adults?

Not to mention the thousands (?) of kids who are born to heterosexuals that didn't want them (kids) in the first place.

Believe it or not, I had two poll calls this evening. One was on this topic. I said that I was against gay marriage, but not in favor of discrimination against gays.

I was told that 'materials' would be sent shortly. I'm not holding my breath.

Forum List

Back