Any Evolution-believing Person care to Explain Origin of Life?

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
Any Evolution-believing Person care to Explain Origin of Life? From where and how did life begin on Earth?

I'm all ears - seriously...

Well, I support evolution, but I have a bit of a creationist belief in the development of life.

But to nix the creationist view I do have: life started out in a single cell and slowly began to change and adapt to fit its environment, which was a nasty volcanic planet at the time with water for the cells to hide. As the planet changed more, the cells became organisms and the organisms began to change and adapt again until they were able to breath oxygen. After that, our earth began to change more and the organisms were forced again to adapt and change until they became like the humans we have now.

That is a very textbook answer and that would be the true view of evolution, not monkeys becoming humans like many are wont to believe so they can ridicule evolution.

I do believe that we were made a certain way and began to change and adapt to the environment so that we no longer resemble what we used to those millions of years ago.

Kagom said:
Well, I support evolution, but I have a bit of a creationist belief in the development of life.

But to nix the creationist view I do have: life started out in a single cell and slowly began to change and adapt to fit its environment, which was a nasty volcanic planet at the time with water for the cells to hide. As the planet changed more, the cells became organisms and the organisms began to change and adapt again until they were able to breath oxygen. After that, our earth began to change more and the organisms were forced again to adapt and change until they became like the humans we have now.

That is a very textbook answer and that would be the true view of evolution, not monkeys becoming humans like many are wont to believe so they can ridicule evolution.

I do believe that we were made a certain way and began to change and adapt to the environment so that we no longer resemble what we used to those millions of years ago.

What made the cell you claim life started from?

Kagom said:

A cell is a living thing... how did the cell arise?

KarlMarx said:
A cell is a living thing... how did the cell arise?

Chemical soup. Enough chemicals were bouncing around in an ooze...eventually the right combination put themselves together, on accident, and formed the first DNA. Etc.

-Cp said:
Any Evolution-believing Person care to Explain Origin of Life? From where and how did life begin on Earth?

As has been discussed on this board before, one can fully believe in evolution and the idea that life was created by a supernatural simultaneously. Evolution does not encompass the creation of life, just the changes of it.

The ClayTaurus said:
As has been discussed on this board before, one can fully believe in evolution and the idea that life was created by a supernatural simultaneously. Evolution does not encompass the creation of life, just the changes of it.

Except Macro evolution just makes no sense, logically. :)

:D

The cell was always there. That's how it came to be. I'm just trying to give you the evolutionist's view, not my own.

But it is kinda fun to speculate that we view this cell as something more powerful: God. Why? Because it was the first thing to ever be. We somehow have maintained a faint memory of this cell through reasons we can't understand or comprehend. Because of this phenomenon of the cell being the first, we've deified it to give ourselves a history and religion.

Not saying that's true. I think it's absurd, but it's just one of the things that's fun to speculate.

The ClayTaurus said:

Sure - anyone can dupe themselves into thinking falsely...

-Cp said:
Sure - anyone can dupe themselves into thinking falsely...
The point is, evolution is not a theory the provides the answer for how life was created; only how life has altered after it's creation. People who say otherwise are bastardizing what evolution is.

Kagom said:
The cell was always there. That's how it came to be. I'm just trying to give you the evolutionist's view, not my own.

I would laugh in the face of any evolutionist who tried to defend that idea. (that's not directed at you - I know you're just trying to argue their point for them)

-Cp said:

The origin of life is unknown.

I guess your point is that the lack of a natural explanation in the present means one does not exist.

If so, its a stupid point.

Fact: Evolution exists, its real and provable.
We live with it everyday. Think not? Tell those nasty lil viruses that keep changing and becoming resistant to drugs it ain’t so, they really can’t do that, right? Wrong, evolution is in front of you everyday.

Now how was evolution created or come to be? Donno, but neither does anyone else. Your beleif (whatever it is) is not proof.

Mr. P said:
Fact: Evolution exists, its real and provable.
We live with it everyday. Think not? Tell those nasty lil viruses that keep changing and becoming resistant to drugs it ain’t so, they really can’t do that, right? Wrong, evolution is in front of you everyday.

Now how was evolution created or come to be? Donno, but neither does anyone else. Your beleif (whatever it is) is not proof.

No see, that's "micro" evolution. That's the part that's irrefutable.

Now we have "micro" and "macro" evolution, because "macro" doesn't have the undeniable proof that "micro" evolution has.

The ClayTaurus said:
No see, that's "micro" evolution. That's the part that's irrefutable.

Now we have "micro" and "macro" evolution, because "macro" doesn't have the undeniable proof that "micro" evolution has.
Oh I see, evolution is "selective". So some exists but not all? Hummmm. :dev2:

Forum List

Back