A promising looking forum

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by odanny, May 8, 2017.

1. odanny

odanny Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +239
    Well, you can see what I look like in real life, that is me last year out boating at Lake Shelbyville. I'm a progressive who lives in corn and bean country, surrounded by conservatives and Republicans and I have to say it sucks. However I do my best to only speak politics either online or with a small circle of like minded people. My future goal is to get out of the midwest in 5 more years, when I'll be done with my present job. In the meantime, I must suffer fools gladly.

So far I like the look of this forum, I like a nice mixture of progressive and conservative, and this one seems to have that. Think I'll stick around a while.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. ABikerSailor

ABikerSailor Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,618
    Well, hate to tell ya, but even though we have a mix of viewpoints on this board, the most strident seem to come from the far right.

But, welcome. Hope you have a thick skin, because some of the people on here play a bit rough.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  3. Coyote

Coyote Varmint Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,803
    Welcome aboard USMB with non-stop service to virtual destinations around the internet.

Please make sure your seatbelt is securely fastened at this time and make sure any drinks are secured in appropriate cupholders stationed well away from the keyboard.

USMB is not responsible for any keyboard mishaps or liquid spews while on line. Please refrain from blowing cheeto dust on the passenger in front of you, contrary to urban legend, it will not melt trolls.

There are two emergency exits on this Forum, located at the ESCAPE key and the CTRL-ALT-DEL intersection of the keyboard. Each exit key is equipped with a removable cap that can be detached and used as a flotation device. Please take this time to locate your nearest exit. Keep in mind that it may be behind you depending on your current state of inebriation.

If monitor visibility is reduced, lighted strips along the base of the keyboard will lead you to the nearest exit. Remember, red lights mark an exit.

In case there is a loss of internet integrity, yellow oxygen masks will deploy from the compartment located behind your monitor. These also function as airbags so caution is recommended in deployment. Disregard any resemblance to empty cheeto bags.

To secure, pull the mask towards you, secure the duct tape to your head, and fasten it so it covers your mouth and nose. Breath normally. Even if the bag does not inflate, please keep in mind that oxygen is flowing. Please make sure to secure your own mask before assisting others.

In case of a carbonated beverage catastrophe, life jackets are located under your seat. To fasten, place the vest over your head and secure bungie cords around your waist. To inflate, pull the attendent's finger, or manually inflate by blowing into the red tube. Remember, NEVER inflate the vest while attempting to type.

USMB is not responsible for misplaced punctuation, wrongful use of emoticons, spontaneous gender reassignments, keyboard violence, spittle on the monitor, irrational responses mistaken for momentary brilliance, one-sided rages against hypocrisy or individual members or unintended consequences such as poor personal hygiene and bad spelling.

Please feel free to partake of any of our snacks - we offer pizza, beer, gin, bourban and any mix thereof. There might be more. Hang around :eusa_shhh:

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 5
    • Winner Winner x 5
  4. Hossfly

Hossfly ZIONUT Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32,790

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 9
  5. WillHaftawaite

WillHaftawaite Freshman Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,555
    I liked it the first time, coyote...

you didn't have to run the dupilcate

6. Coyote

Coyote Varmint Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,803
    It was four years ago...so I had to fluff it :D

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Gracie

Gracie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +37,429
    Welcome to the nuthouse. Armor is down the hall to the left. Weaponry is in the basement but you are encouraged to enter with caution and choose wisely.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Lucy Hamilton

Lucy Hamilton Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35,784
    Your comment obviously darling was sooooooooooo spectacular that it needed to be posted twice :smoke:

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Zander

Zander Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,348
    Good luck!

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. drifter