A preliminary meeting five hours before "it's too late"

What happens when one of those "illegal aliens" happens to also be in the military? Puts you a bit in a bind, doesn't it, moron?....LOL
Unfortunately, undocumented aliens (even with DACA) are not currently eligible to enlist in the U.S. armed forces.

U.S Military Enlistment for Immigrants - CitizenPath
Well, by all means, please explain how they have managed to enlist in the U.S. military.
So while undocumented aliens are generally not eligible to enlist in the U.S. armed forces, some of them have enlisted in the U.S. armed forces. The short is that the ones the military wants to permit to enlist, can, if they are inclined to enlist, they do. Are there a lot of them, relative to the total DREAMer population? No, but there are more than zero DREAMers serving in the U.S. armed forces.

Suggestions:
  • Verify the information found in the sources upon which you rely for making assertions and forming your own opinions. For example, insofar as you were of a mind to quote the CitizenPath statement you did, all you really needed to do was perform an Internet search such as "are there DREAMers in the U.S. military." Had you done so, and read the content at the resulting links, you'd have found there are.
  • Find better sources of information, namely ones that have a markedly more rigorous information verification and updating process to which they adhere than the ones you've been using. What might lead one to suspect that the CitizenPath article you referenced may not be a particularly reliable one? Well, there are two very basic ones:
    • They didn't put a date on it -- things, particularly federal government policy, change.
    • It has no byline.

Last edited:
Wekk, zpmebody is either voolating the LAW (I know that means nothing to Democrats), or their sources are WRONG

FROM CBS:

MAVNI is a special DOD recruitment program that selects legal immigrants who are deemed to have vital skills serve in the military. Qualifying program enrollees include physicians, nurses and experts in a number of languages in the Middle East and Asia, according to the Pentagon

Of course I can see obama weaving these ILLEGALS into society to make it as difficult as possible to throw them out.

So, THROW THEM OUT!

DT--kAsXkAAlwG4.jpg

Wekk, zpmebody is either voolating...

Whan that Aprill, with his shoures soote
The droghte of March hath perced to the roote
And bathed every veyne in swich licour,
Of which vertu engendred is the flour

-- Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales

Excuse me?

Did you become recently enthralled with or revisit with your child the Canterbury Tales or, God forfend, Sir Gawain and the Green Knight? Or perhaps something not at all English or even a precursor of it?

SIÞEN þe sege and þe assaut watz sesed at Troye,
Þe borȝ brittened and brent to brondeȝ and askez,
Þe tulk þat þe trammes of tresoun þer wroȝt
Watz tried for his tricherie, þe trewest on erthe:
Hit watz Ennias þe athel, and his highe kynde,
Þat siþen depreced prouinces, and patrounes bicome
Welneȝe of al þe wele in þe west iles.

-- Sir Gawain and the Green Knight

1329500332080_7588654.png

As is typical of that man, he's completely changed the nature of his view on the matter, and the only thing that's changed about the impacts of government shutdowns is that this shutdown is "on" him and his party instead of those he/they oppose.

As I implied in my OP, there we were a about a quarter of a day away from shutdown and Trump was holding what he called a "preliminary" meeting with the Senate Democratic leader, a person whom he and every other Congressional Republican knew, on January 20, 2017, they'd have to negotiate with to get a budget passed.

And let's not kid ourselves; the Democrats acquiesced to continuing resolutions all year long as they awaited their Republican colleagues' bringing to the floor legislation to protect DREAMers and fund CHIP.
I am not saying it's easy for Congress to pass a "proper" budget, but if Congress simply doesn't review , hone and pass the budget the WH submits to them, it's absolutely impossible to get one passed. Congressional Republicans "dicked" around for a solid year and made no move on Trump's budget, no move on DACA, and let CHIP funding expire.

In the same year, Trump, rather than pressuring Congress to "get the lead out" on those three legislative items, spent his year issuing calumnious tweets about people ranging from "everyday" Americans to other heads of state! That from "Mr. Art of the Deal," "Mr. Negotiator," the very same man who failed to negotiate with his own party to get O-care repealed and replaced. Hell, his time would have been better spent reading the Constitution, and myriad texts and paper so that he could disabuse himself of much of the ignorance that people from one of his Wharton professors to his Chief of Staff have seen manifested and noted as much.

Donald Trump was the dumbest goddamn student I ever had.
-- William T. Kelley, one of Trump's professors at U. Penn​

Forum List

Back