A Prayer For The Irqi Peolple, As They Go And Vote...

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
Prayer Thread for the Iraqi Elections

Iraqis are once again being asked to show their courage by defying those who would kill and main to defy the rule of law, by voting in a second landmark election, this time a Constitutional election. Many Iraqi and Allied lives, time, injuries and resources have gone into this fight.

I invite you to join me and other in offering our prayers for the success of these elections and for the safety of those involved, Iraqi and Allied alike. If you would like to offer a written prayer for others to read and silently affirm, feel encouraged to do so.

We pray that Iraqis who wish for a fair peace, for the rule of law and for the fair and even-handed governance of their people will be kept safe from harm. May those who seek to propogate evil, death, disruption and destruction on their country see utter failure in their efforts.
May these elections be successful, may there be a landmark voter turnout from all groups, and may Iraqis find the will and the means to allow their divided population groups to be unified under one rule of law.

May this election prove to be another step in turning the corner for the innocents and the ordinary people of this country, for those who want only peace and to have a place for their children to grow and prosper.

the only message I have for the Iraqis vote for your self interest.

Create a stable safe Iraq. When Germany reunited all
the former enemies choked and hesitated, only the Us supported
the will of the German people to reunite. You want self determination
go for it. The Us public will support you, purge the Arab extremist
make your own future. As long as you dont insist on fighting the
US you are safe.

I'm with you, Stephanie, on your prayer for the Iraqi people. I feel the Iraqi people want a new form of government and want to be a free people, so they will turn out in record numbers again, risking their lives, to vote. Even the Sunni are now supporting adoption of the constitution.

The constitution was written by Iraqis for Iraqis, so if the people vote to adopt it, they will indicate by their vote that they believe it is in their best interests (or "self interest", as Nosarcasm put it).

Forum List

Back