Big News on WOT Minimized by Quag-Mier

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
Media Misses Big/Good News While Focusing on the Quag-Mier
By Tony Snow
October 14, 2005

While conservatives in Washington bloodied one another over the Supreme Court candidacy of Harriet Miers, something interesting occurred beyond the Beltway. The United States inched closer to winning the War on Terror.

Harriet Miers makes for great pundit fodder, but the news from Mesopotamia has far greater impact on the free world's fate and fortunes. The unheralded truth is that George Bush's tactics and strategy are working — as documented by the sweetest source of all, bin Laden's right-hand man.

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/tony/snow101405.php3

Adam's Apple said:
Media Misses Big/Good News While Focusing on the Quag-Mier
By Tony Snow
October 14, 2005

While conservatives in Washington bloodied one another over the Supreme Court candidacy of Harriet Miers, something interesting occurred beyond the Beltway. The United States inched closer to winning the War on Terror.

Harriet Miers makes for great pundit fodder, but the news from Mesopotamia has far greater impact on the free world's fate and fortunes. The unheralded truth is that George Bush's tactics and strategy are working — as documented by the sweetest source of all, bin Laden's right-hand man.

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/tony/snow101405.php3

I haven't had a problem for the most part, with his handling on WOT, unfortunately, his decisions on the domestic front are causing a firestorm that will hamper the war effort-that is the administration's fault. He is losing his base and doesn't seem to recognize that.

Kathianne said:
I haven't had a problem for the most part, with his handling on WOT, unfortunately, his decisions on the domestic front are causing a firestorm that will hamper the war effort-that is the administration's fault. He is losing his base and doesn't seem to recognize that.

My biggest problem with the Administration's handling of the WOT is that they have not been able to get the good news out there to offset the constant negativity of the MSM. I think they should be much more aggressive in this area--where they could be without jeopardizing the military--and not take people's support for the war for granted. I think the WOT is going much better than we are led to believe by the MSM. The Administration should be out there telling us about that EVERY DAY.

On the domestic front, I agree that some of Bush's decisions are causing big problems among his base. Personally, I have my pet peeves, as well; but in the area of judicial appointments, I think Bush has excelled. I don't know why Harriet Miers became the choice to fill O'Connor's seat, but I am willing to wait and listen to the Judicial Committee hearings before passing judgment. I cannot for the life of me believe that Harriet Miers would be any worse than some who already serve on the Court--and whose selection for service on the Court was overwhelming approved by Republicans. I also do not believe that Harriet Miers could turn out to be a disguised liberal. Republicans have been wrong about Court nominees before, and they very well could be wrong this time as well.

Forum List

Back