A Political Question

Because the people in Iraq are not potential Democratic voters like the illegal aliens are that sneak into our country are.

How or why is it that we (our military) can help Iraq protect it's borders, but we're called racists and fascists for wanting to protect our own?

Anyone?

Deart asshole , you are only ONE member of the military and dont speak for them all.

You see there are plenty of people in the military who think this law is a piece of shit, not all of them are Latino either.

Here is what will NO DOUBT happen.

Some latino military guy or gal will come home on leave and be sent to la migra for not having their "being brown in Arizona" papers on them.

And let's add, why are we racists for wishing to have similar immigration laws to the ones in effect in MEXICO?

Mexico has a single, streamlined law that ensures that foreign visitors and immigrants are:
- in the country legally;
- have the means to sustain themselves economically;
- not destined to be burdens on society;
- of economic and social benefit to society;
- of good character and have no criminal records; and
- contributors to the general well-being of the nation.

The law also ensures that:
- immigration authorities have a record of each foreign visitor;
- foreign visitors do not violate their visa status;
- foreign visitors are banned from interfering in the country's internal politics;
- foreign visitors who enter under false pretenses are imprisoned or deported;
- foreign visitors violating the terms of their entry are imprisoned or deported;
- those who aid in illegal immigration will be sent to prison.

Immigration Reform? Let's Try Mexico's Immigration Law!

Because the people in Iraq are not potential Democratic voters like the illegal aliens are that sneak into our country are.
You hit the nail! No, not the stake but the nail!

This talk of stakes has me a wee bit concerned...

It cracks me up because of all the noise people are making about the new law in Arizona. The thing that you don't hear mentioned, is that if you are an alien you are required to carry your green card with you, on your person, at all times. That's a Federal law. So, why is everybody all up in arms about complying with Federal law?

How or why is it that we (our military) can help Iraq protect it's borders, but we're called racists and fascists for wanting to protect our own?

Anyone?

Motive.

What is our motive for fighting and defending Iraq?

What is our motive for keeping "illegal" aliens out of this country?

That is what I think it all boils down to.

I've a mixed feeling on the illegal alien situation. I think the only reason they come is because we make it profitable for them to come. As long as we do, they will keep on coming. As for those who bitch and moan about the illegals, well, I think they are not thinking about what would happen if they didn't come. Personally, I think we need and want them here. We just won't admit to it.

As for Iraq, I'm told if we were not there the government of Iraq would collapse and something worse would fill the gap. Not being an expert on Middle Eastern politics, I suppose I have to accept that statement.

Immie

Why should we even concern ourselves with other countries such as Iraq when we're broke and our own borders are spread so wide?
I agree! But we're there! And we continue to send $$$ to other countries instead of keeping it right here!

Thanks to the right wing idiots who voted for Bush twice

All I can say now is :oops: but I am now doing much more research on candidates and no longer will vote party or the "lesser of evil".

Do you want to live in a Iraq? Personally, I liked it when I graduated from high school, and didn't have a curfew anymore.

Anyone?

It is because the Democrats are only interested in keeping the flow of Illegal voters coming into this country so they will keep voting illegally for them. This is why the dems are so against voters showing any for of ID to be able to vote!!!!

The dems can't win legally that's is the only way they can win is by cheating and voter fraud!!!

What an odd question. We went to Iraq to police their boarders? HUH! I thought it was originally fear over those (missing) WMDs. Then it was democracy, then (pick anything that appeals to you). As for protecting our borders, how does one do that considering many illegals come in through airports etc? I live near a section of Philly that is like little Russia and you can bet many are illegal. The racist tag is just that, it is Arizona, and it is Hispanics as the target this law is aimed at, not all the others entering illegally.

What an odd question. We went to Iraq to police their boarders? HUH! I thought it was originally fear over those (missing) WMDs. Then it was democracy, then (pick anything that appeals to you). As for protecting our borders, how does one do that considering many illegals come in through airports etc? I live near a section of Philly that is like little Russia and you can bet many are illegal. The racist tag is just that, it is Arizona, and it is Hispanics as the target this law is aimed at, not all the others entering illegally.

The issue is on the border of Mexico and Arizona. The governer asked Obama a number of times to send more border patrol agents down to AZ. Her request(s) fell on deaf ears. So her state is now doing exactly what the Federal Government SHOULD be doing, with those crossing the border down south, and those filtering in through our aiports.

Anyone?

Motive.

I've a mixed feeling on the illegal alien situation. I think the only reason they come is because we make it profitable for them to come. As long as we do, they will keep on coming. As for those who bitch and moan about the illegals, well, I think they are not thinking about what would happen if they didn't come. Personally, I think we need and want them here. We just won't admit to it.

As for Iraq, I'm told if we were not there the government of Iraq would collapse and something worse would fill the gap. Not being an expert on Middle Eastern politics, I suppose I have to accept that statement.

Immie

I want them here legally.

Anyone?

Motive.

Immie

I want them here legally.

Me too, but the problem stems from the fact that our immigration laws are too limited in regards to the numbers that we allow in.

We pay them when they get here and as long as we do so, they will keep coming.

The best solution I can think of is to increase the number of legal migrant workers to a point where those who would come across illegally won't find any work because there are legal migrant workers here that will fill in our needs.

Immie

Forum List

Back