A pastor, rabbi, and monk share their reflections on the coronavirus

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
SOUTHEASTERN, N.C. — As the nation braces its way through the brunt of the coronavirus curve, sacred religious spaces remain empty.

Many religious communities have transitioned to online worship in an attempt to fill a weekly void. Though some organizations have defied government orders to stop all large gatherings, for the most part, the majority of religious institutions are trying to reach their members online.

It's an interesting read.

SOUTHEASTERN, N.C. — As the nation braces its way through the brunt of the coronavirus curve, sacred religious spaces remain empty.

Many religious communities have transitioned to online worship in an attempt to fill a weekly void. Though some organizations have defied government orders to stop all large gatherings, for the most part, the majority of religious institutions are trying to reach their members online.

I have to admit, when I first glanced at your thread title, I thought it was going to about ANOTHER pastor, rabbi, and monk joke! But thanks for the post. I'll give the link a read.

I have to admit, when I first glanced at your thread title, I thought it was going to about ANOTHER pastor, rabbi, and monk joke! But thanks for the post. I'll give the link a read.
Ya, I was expecting a laugh and could use one right now. Kind of a let down.

Ya, I was expecting a laugh and could use one right now. Kind of a let down.
A Priest, a Rabbi and a Minister walked into their favourite bar, where they would get together two or three times a week for drinks and to talk. On this particular afternoon, someone made the comment that preaching to people isn't really all that hard. A real challenge would be to preach to a bear.

One thing led to another and they decided to do an experiment. They would all go out into the woods, find a bear, preach to it, and attempt to convert it. Seven days later, they're all together to discuss the experience.

The Minister goes first. He was in a wheelchair, with an arm and both legs in casts, and an IV drip. In his best fire and brimstone oratory he claimed, “Well brothers, I went out and I found me a bear. And then I began to read to my bear from God's Holy word! But that bear wanted nothing to do with me. So I took hold of him and we began to wrestle. We wrestled down one hill, up another and down another until we came to a creek. So I quick dunked him and baptized his hairy soul. And he became as gentle as a lamb. We spent the rest of the day praising Jesus."

He looked down at the Rabbi, who was lying in a hospital bed. He was in a body cast and traction with IV's and monitors running in and out of him. He was in bad shape.

The Rabbi looks up and says, "Looking back on it, circumcision may not have been the best way to start."

The Rabbi looks to his right and sees the coffin of the Priest. "But it was better than trying to rape him."

Forum List

Back