a new particle and a new force in physics discovered

Wrong.

The scientist say that this might possibly be either a new particle or a new force, not both. On top of that it is most likely that they just do not understand something properly and that this will be easily explained. It is extremely interesting, but light years away from what you claim it is.

Jesus. Chill out. Take some metamucil or something.

"has shown compelling hints"

"must be more fully confirmed"

"If proved"

"It could"

"If it holds up" is a order of magnitude away from the shit you are posting.
Really? :lol:

First, science is not served by people who make sensational claims about preliminary data.
Second, Chris tried to sensationalize this by claiming in the thread title that this was both a new particle and a new force in physics.
Third, the article clearly said what I said, not what Chris said.

Yet, for some reason, all the whingers who think they understand English better than I do decide to defend the article instead of realizing I was talking about the idiot who tried to sensationalize it.

Finally, it turns out that the data was a glitch.

Dreams of a new particle fizzle out at Tevatron collider | Science | guardian.co.uk

Don't worry though, Chris will be back any day to make science a laughing stock and sensationalize something else.

Liberals. Always "discovering" stuff. Conservatives don't like science. They have the occult.

No, conservatives have mythology.

Only 9% of scientists are Republicans.

As much as I hate public opinion polls and try to avoid them -- We should do this one in another thread. Because even the meager biased and flawed polls I've seen don't support this lowball screwy number. One that was posted on USMB was taken only of AAAS - an org that spouts off about social rights and whose unvetted membership is highly slanted to academics and teachers and students and comes with a subscription to Science Magazine.

Certainly not true of the engineering profession where the only political significance is the abnormally high number of party "unaffiliated" members.

AAAS also believes on ghosts.

a new particle and a new force in physics discovered

Is there a provision for a new particle in the Constitution?

No?

Then it must be part of some pointed headed, intellectual liberals' plot.

Forum List

Back