A little lie goes a long way.

SavannahMann

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2016
A police officer pulled over a car he said was following the car ahead too closely. The car ran according to the same cop. The chase reached speeds of 98 MPH before the car pulled over. The driver and passenger were arrested and the car searched where Heroine was found.

Pretty routine so far right? Well yeah. Except that the chase never happened.

Deputy placed on leave following dismissed drug case against ex-Hawks player

The officer picked two black guys and figured he was safe enough. Except that the driver was a former Professional Basketball Player who could afford a good lawyer. The lawyer pointed to the problems with the case and got the charges dropped.

I don't know if Mike Scott had drugs. I don't know if the cop planted them. I do know the cop lied about the chase. That brings the rest of his statements into question. Worse it brings the rest of his cases and all those he's testified on into question.

Perhaps the cop thought the refusal to stop would give him justification for the search. Perhaps he thought it would be thrown out in a plea deal. Perhaps he just didn't like black people.

What we do know is the charges have been dropped. The Deputy has been suspended. The Sheriff has asked for money to install dashboard cameras. The County will be coming up with more money to settle the inevitable lawsuit in the near future.

A little lie. Almost certainly a routine lie. One I hope haunts this cop for the rest of his career. And he almost certainly has a long career. What normally happens is he will resign and get a job with another department. After all he is a licensed cop in the state.

It's ok when they run from police. The fact he ran throws your whole "story" in the trash.

It's ok when they run from police. The fact he ran throws your whole "story" in the trash.

But he didn't run. That is the rub.

The way that was determined without video is the original call of the cop. He called his location. Then he said the car he was pulling over.

The car was a rental with GPS tracking. The tracking never showed the chase. The location the car was towed from was two miles short of where it would have been if the chase had happened as the cop claimed.

The chase never happened. It was a lie.

If the chase did not happen, what else can we be certain of? Are we going to say well the chase didnt happen, but everything else the cop said is absolutely true.

Now. Let's think for a second. If you run, why run for just two miles? Obviously it would be so you could get rid of any incriminating evidence. Then you would stop and smile smugly. But they ran for two miles and left the evidence in the car when they stopped?

Since the chase never happened. What does that do to your objection?

A police officer pulled over a car he said was following the car ahead too closely. The car ran according to the same cop. The chase reached speeds of 98 MPH before the car pulled over. The driver and passenger were arrested and the car searched where Heroine was found.

The officer picked two black guys and figured he was safe enough. Except that the driver was a former Professional Basketball Player who could afford a good lawyer. The lawyer pointed to the problems with the case and got the charges dropped.

I don't know if Mike Scott had drugs. I don't know if the cop planted them. I do know the cop lied about the chase. That brings the rest of his statements into question. Worse it brings the rest of his cases and all those he's testified on into question.

Perhaps the cop thought the refusal to stop would give him justification for the search. Perhaps he thought it would be thrown out in a plea deal. Perhaps he just didn't like black people.

What we do know is the charges have been dropped. The Deputy has been suspended. The Sheriff has asked for money to install dashboard cameras. The County will be coming up with more money to settle the inevitable lawsuit in the near future.

A little lie. Almost certainly a routine lie. One I hope haunts this cop for the rest of his career. And he almost certainly has a long career. What normally happens is he will resign and get a job with another department. After all he is a licensed cop in the state.
What we need is bigger government!!

Yeah. Because the county sheriff with about thirty Deputies is working out so well.

How about effective Government? You know one that does what it is supposed to?

Yeah. Because the county sheriff with about thirty Deputies is working out so well.

Baltimore PD, NYPD, LAPD, Ferguson PD, they ain't got no problems with no shootin's the bros!

Baltimore PD, NYPD, LAPD, Ferguson PD, they ain't got no problems with no shootin's the bros!

Again. A government that does what it is supposed to should be the goal. At every level. No matter the size.

Again. A government that does what it is supposed to should be the goal. At every level. No matter the size.
PROBLEMS WITH THE GOVERNMENT SHOOTING INNOCENT PEOPLE?

CALL FOR MORE GOVERNMENT!!!
upload_2017-5-11_6-54-7.png

upload_2017-5-11_6-54-23.png

upload_2017-5-11_6-55-23.png

View attachment 126094
View attachment 126095
View attachment 126096

You keep missing the point. I have stated it clearly. Yet you are intentionally obtuse.

What they want. What I want. And what you want is a Government that does what it is supposed to. Government agents aren't supposed to lie. Be it one cop in a Three officer department or the head of the FBI. The enforcement officers aren't supposed to lie under oath.

A man standing with his hands up isn't supposed to be shot. When he is, people want to know why. What can we do to make sure it doesn't happen again.

The answer is apparently nothing. Because the people who could demand change snort and shrug and say smaller government.

View attachment 126094
View attachment 126095
View attachment 126096

You keep missing the point. I have stated it clearly. Yet you are intentionally obtuse.

What they want. What I want. And what you want is a Government that does what it is supposed to. Government agents aren't supposed to lie. Be it one cop in a Three officer department or the head of the FBI. The enforcement officers aren't supposed to lie under oath.

A man standing with his hands up isn't supposed to be shot. When he is, people want to know why. What can we do to make sure it doesn't happen again.

The answer is apparently nothing. Because the people who could demand change snort and shrug and say smaller government.

THE BIGGER THE GOVERNMENT IS THE MORE ACCOUNTABLE AND EASILY CONTROLLED IT IS YA KNOW!!!

Forum List

Back