A liberal defends Bush - hard to believe

The liberal left wing of the Democrat party hated Bush in 2000--before he was even in office. No one forgets the election of 2000 in a very close race with Al Gore. That was the epicenter for the hate--it just grew over the following 8 years.

After that it turned into--as we see on this board--the Bush conspiracy theory handbook that is stuffed into every liberals pocket on this board.

I think history will reward Bush for the war on terror. I think we have made a major accomplishment in Iraq--& know that Iran is bordered by a democrat country on both sides--(Afganistan & Iraq)--sooner or later something is going to give in Iran.

Last edited:
I am a conservative, voted against Obama, but am still hoping he is successful as president, though things aren't looking up right now. His success, though is my success, as we are Americans FIRST.

The piss ant puts himself first

Tom Friedman is not exactly known for sitting firmly in the conservative camp, and he had this to say about Bush's actions in the middle east:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/14/opinion/14friedman.html?_r=1

"There are a million things to hate about President Bush’s costly and wrenching wars. But the fact is, in ousting Saddam in Iraq in 2003 and mobilizing the U.N. to push Syria out of Lebanon in 2005, he opened space for real democratic politics that had not existed in Iraq or Lebanon for decades. “Bush had a simple idea, that the Arabs could be democratic, and at that particular moment simple ideas were what was needed, even if he was disingenuous,” said Michael Young, the opinion editor of The Beirut Daily Star. “It was bolstered by the presence of a U.S. Army in the center of the Middle East. It created a sense that change was possible, that things did not always have to be as they were.”"

----------------------------------------------

It is amazing how, first, Bush's wars were horrible and iraq was a disaster. Then the libs started grudgingly admitting things were calming down there. Now they're starting to admit, "well, maybe the wars opened things up a bit..."

It is so fucking hilarious the effect that the media-manufactured, irrational hatred of Bush has had on so many people, without them even grasping it. No matter what he did, even if it turned out positively, he was still "bad". Hysterical.

In about 20 years, unless there is some major catastrophe, Bush's interventions into the middle east will be looked back upon as watershed events, that finally began to break the hold of the religious fanatics.

Go fuck yourself redneck ape.

First--what is wrong with Bashing George W. Bush?

Second, what is wrong with Bashing Barack Hussein Obama?

Go ahead, spew your "hatred"--just be careful of what type of "Hatred" you spew or Homeland Security will give your noggin a nice little Bath!!

History might very well give Bush high marks for his role in bringing about actual change in the Middle East. (If things continue to improve slowly but surely) That has got to be driving Jimah Cahtah crazy. (Thankfully that is a short drive for Jimah)

You have to be patient. Your dream will become true in several Friedman Units.

The libs-who normally cannot see beyond their nose: This is the starking difference between electing a "whiney" communtiy organizer & a real MAN.

I saw it years ago, after 9/11 & I knew immediately what President Bush was doing. Here we have a terroist organization that was world-wide spread. They have no country. "There is no country to go after." So we needed to have them come to us--to finally face--our well armed trained military--verus innocent unarmed civiliians on our Amercan streets.

We invaded Afganistan & Iraq. Guess who is between those countries who the Libs are OUTRAGED over the election. None other than Iran. The libs believed that with the Messiahs's words that everything would change. They lost by 60%!

President Bush--& judging by the experience of many past Presidents knew that there was NO changing the middle east--not unless you grab the bull by the horns & do it yourself. This President sacrificed[ his popular opinon rating-he gave it up--to save Americans from another horrendous attack. His administration used Iraq as a Fly catcher to every would be terrorist--in the middle east to come & get me know. Yet--this time you'll be facing the most advanced--strongest military the best in the world, verus our un-armed innocent civilians. They came, they came in the thousands, & they died in the thousands.

President Bush will be remembered as one of the GREATEST President EVER. He gave up everything--including his popularity to save this country.

Now we've got a "communtiy organizer" that spends two hours a day studying the polling data, & makes decisions based that data.

Last edited:
I for one, could care less what Tom Friedman thinks. I certainly don't need his agreement to solidify a point. The guy is an opportunist squared.

Hmmm.....What way is the wind blowing today? The forecast for tomorrow? Hmmmmm......

Johnny come lately.....Too lately.

The difference between a stuttering-- x-President with that Texan accent= who could slaughter any word in the English language--who avoided the media at every single opportunity--yet loved this country so much-that he would give anything to protect this nation against another attack--& who SACRIFICED his PRESIDENTIAL popular opinion poll in order to protect this nation.

VERSUS

a whiny--well educated community organizer--apologetic for America-CAN'T WAIT to get in front of the media & who can give a great speech read from a teleprompter--that he really doesn't mean--who pays more attention to public opinion polls--than any other President in history.

Which President do you want?

I'll take that stuttering--slaughter the English Language-- G.W. Bush any day, any week--any year & under any circumstance.

Last edited:
Okay rhodes whats your problem with Rush? I'm still waiting for an actual conservative to give me a legitimate reason to dislike Rush.

Okay rhodes whats your problem with Rush? I'm still waiting for an actual conservative to give me a legitimate reason to dislike Rush.

sexist and racist comments that reflect badly onconservatism when he's made into the face of the Right
hypocritical drug abuse
being a general ass

sexist and racist comments that reflect badly onconservatism when he's made into the face of the Right
hypocritical drug abuse
being a general ass

Well said, that pretty much sums it up. And wishing your president to fail is unbecoming of someone who is a patriot, once a person is elected, it is in all of our interests to rise above petty BS and stand united as best we can.

I may not have voted for Obama, but his success is my success, and vice versa. It brings down conservatives and makes us look like angry, bitter, frustrated idiots - kind of like Nancy Pelosi on a good day - to say what Rush did, and I feel that the leftist media keeps returning to him as a "spokesman" for the Repub party because they know he's a blowhard, even if there are better alternatives.

To be fair though, they also run to stick their microphones under Sharpton's nose whenever he opens his maw, when there are much better alternatives - he's just good for outlandish, headlining quotes which is the media's fuel of existence.

Well said, that pretty much sums it up. And wishing your president to fail is unbecoming of someone who is a patriot,

Not so, if his plans and policies are contrary to what you believe are good for your country. Wanting your country to fail is contradictory of patriotism. Wanting a politician to fail to put into place policies you feel are detrimental to the nation is not.

once a person is elected, it is in all of our interests to rise above petty BS and stand united as best we can.

So, I trust that you supported Bush for 8 years, in all his decisions?

I may not have voted for Obama, but his success is my success, and vice versa

not if he';s successful and putting through any policy that is counterproductive to your success.

Well said, that pretty much sums it up. And wishing your president to fail is unbecoming of someone who is a patriot,

Not so, if his plans and policies are contrary to what you believe are good for your country. Wanting your country to fail is contradictory of patriotism. Wanting a politician to fail to put into place policies you feel are detrimental to the nation is not.

once a person is elected, it is in all of our interests to rise above petty BS and stand united as best we can.

So, I trust that you supported Bush for 8 years, in all his decisions?

I may not have voted for Obama, but his success is my success, and vice versa

not if he';s successful and putting through any policy that is counterproductive to your success.

That's not a measure of HIS success, that would OUR failure for letting it happen.

That's not a measure of HIS success, that would OUR failure for letting it happen.

So, you admit that a politician's success can be a nation's failure? so, if you believe his plans are bad, then it is patriotic to want him to fail so the nation may succeed?

Ladies and gentlemen, you heard it here: KK defending Rush Limbaugh's saying he wants Obama to fail.

Tom Friedman is not exactly known for sitting firmly in the conservative camp, and he had this to say about Bush's actions in the middle east:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/14/opinion/14friedman.html?_r=1

"There are a million things to hate about President Bush’s costly and wrenching wars. But the fact is, in ousting Saddam in Iraq in 2003 and mobilizing the U.N. to push Syria out of Lebanon in 2005, he opened space for real democratic politics that had not existed in Iraq or Lebanon for decades. “Bush had a simple idea, that the Arabs could be democratic, and at that particular moment simple ideas were what was needed, even if he was disingenuous,” said Michael Young, the opinion editor of The Beirut Daily Star. “It was bolstered by the presence of a U.S. Army in the center of the Middle East. It created a sense that change was possible, that things did not always have to be as they were.”"

----------------------------------------------

It is amazing how, first, Bush's wars were horrible and iraq was a disaster. Then the libs started grudgingly admitting things were calming down there. Now they're starting to admit, "well, maybe the wars opened things up a bit..."

It is so fucking hilarious the effect that the media-manufactured, irrational hatred of Bush has had on so many people, without them even grasping it. No matter what he did, even if it turned out positively, he was still "bad". Hysterical.

In about 20 years, unless there is some major catastrophe, Bush's interventions into the middle east will be looked back upon as watershed events, that finally began to break the hold of the religious fanatics.

Friedman always opined that if democracy in Iraq could work, it would be beneficial to other rogue nations in the region. He wrote many opinions on just that. He has never expressed his political preference, and none of his writings tend to lean one way or the other (politically). Friedman is quite simply just a very smart man with an analytical mind and calls 'em like he sees 'em. Just because he writes for the NYT doesn't automatically make him a "liberal" either.

Forum List

Back