A liar and an Idiot

Former Union Leader Calls Trump A 'Con Man' And 'Liar' As Carrier Lays Off 215 More Workers

Mary Papenfuss
HuffPost•January 11, 2018
But but but didn't the cult just praise the racist POS for all the great things he did for Carrier but ignore the layoffs that came immediately after?
Trump tried......it's fine......when he gets other parts of his agenda....they will moved the factories back here

Not exactly. The tax break is from 35% down to 20%. That is 15% difference.
You have to look at all different factors involve how much cost savings vs how much wasted if you move your manufacturing facilities to US
#1. Labor here in US vs China, Mexico, India etc. This alone will sink your 15%.
#2. Lease of new facility or facilities, tools and equipments, furnitures, regulatories etc.
#3. Training of new employees.

Besides Trump is not even moving any of his products to be made in US. He lied to Americans again.

Well it's 21% but why quibble.
There are other factors, but we had the highest corporate rate of any modern country.....that hurts our companies really really badly......that's why they can afford the stuff they are now doing....once the tax cut goes into effect.
So you are now showing why the min wage is so bad.....it increases the cost of living here and our products worldwide......while forcing companies who want to remain competitive in the global marketplace to move to other spots......Regulation and min wage do that.......

But anytime you lower the cost of business, especially with these tax cuts it helps us....and companies will typically stay with their own country, even if it costs a little bit more....as long as it's not outrageous...and our corporate rate was outrageous...even Obama Said it was.

Sure we have the highest corporate tax. But look at our economy right now its booming and it doesn’t look like we are struggling or hurting because of tax.
As I said repeatedly 80% of my consumables are made in China. We study this kind of move as part cost accounting every year. You can cut off that rate down to 10% still a big loss to me. I do not expect a large number of operations moving back to US anytime soon.
Again if you look at our economy we are very competitive around the world. Let say if we make Trump hats and neck ties here in US. Do you honestly believe we can sell that overseas?

Don’t forget the only time and only time business expand or invest........ it’s because of demands. Not from the tax breaks. If I gave you tax cuts and there are no demands so what good does it do?

Don’t forget we are adding $1.4 trillion to the deficits to finance this tax breaks for the sake of 1%.

Last edited:
Sure we have the highest corporate tax.

Besides, my friend, almost NO ONE ever paid that "high corporate tax" with the additional loopholes thrown into the tax code......
I strongly believe that it was better for corporations to keep that "high tax rate" because (as we've seen) their profits are through the roof.......and NOW they don't have right wing morons feeling sorry for them.

Forum List

Back