Zone1 A heretic cannot be pope--much less can an apostate

I haven't read all the material at Novus Ordo W

I am wondering: Where is one to go to Holy Mass if the NO Churches are all messed up and the SSPX are connected to the NO by their apparent respect for the authority of the fake popes?
No one listens to the head of the Catholic liars club anyway.

Who do you think is feeding the abortion part of our medical industry?

Mostly Christians and Catholics.

Regards
DL

And I am thankful to MTG for confirming to yours truly and many others that Catholic Charities is corrupt and off-base by helping illegals (to be illegals, to crash our border in violation of our laws). If bidim or anyone else doesn't like the laws that say they cannot enter, then he can change the damn laws. But nope.. Liberals just violate it..

Some self righteous pricks use religion like a cudgel.

I almost walked out on what has turned out to be the single best job of my life because I was asked to do a project related to a business whose values I cannot condone (Planned Parenthood). Thankfully my employer made an accommodation for me, but I was ready to quit over it.
what kind of project?

what kind of project?
I work for an electric utility company. At the time my job was largely in the production of designs and documents for new underground electrical installations.

The project was creating a design to install new electrical infrastructure to a building that would house both offices and medical facilities for Planned Parenthood, Inc.

I went to my boss and asked that the project be reassigned to the other Designer in our group. We discussed the reasons why I didn’t want to do it. He was not pleased with the request but he agreed to discuss it with the other Designer. In the end, he was able to reassign the project and I took on three smaller projects from the other Designer’s workload.

I work for an electric utility company. At the time my job was largely in the production of designs and documents for new underground electrical installations.

The project was creating a design to install new electrical infrastructure to a building that would house both offices and medical facilities for Planned Parenthood, Inc.

I went to my boss and asked that the project be reassigned to the other Designer in our group. We discussed the reasons why I didn’t want to do it. He was not pleased with the request but he agreed to discuss it with the other Designer. In the end, he was able to reassign the project and I took on three smaller projects from the other Designer’s workload.
Wow, I'm impressed!

You don't even seem to be Catholic at all, and yet you stood up for this principle..

:)

Wow, I'm impressed!

You don't even seem to be Catholic at all, and yet you stood up for this principle..
Thank you, for the kind words.

I don’t believe that morals, values or the idea of living one’s ideology are restricted to members of one religion or even religion in general. In fact, I believe that Right and Wrong supersedes religion completely.

I’ve seen, heard, read about and encountered highly thought of men in whom not a single redeeming value can be found and I’ve likewise encountered the simplest and poorest of humankind go hungry to feed their beloved pets.

Right and Wrong don’t come from some holy book or text. They’re not owned by one culture, religion, race or faith. They exist in each and every one of US. It’s just a matter of whether we allow ourselves to understand, accept, and embrace them.

Thank you, for the kind words.

I don’t believe that morals, values or the idea of living one’s ideology are restricted to members of one religion or even religion in general. In fact, I believe that Right and Wrong supersedes religion completely.

I’ve seen, heard, read about and encountered highly thought of men in whom not a single redeeming value can be found and I’ve likewise encountered the simplest and poorest of humankind go hungry to feed their beloved pets.

Right and Wrong don’t come from some holy book or text. They’re not owned by one culture, religion, race or faith. They exist in each and every one of US. It’s just a matter of whether we allow ourselves to understand, accept, and embrace them.
Well, this is true to some extent but... I find the following interesting vis a vis yours truly

I often wonder: What would I have been like if I had not been "raised Catholic"? (which is such a subjective term but anyhow)

i didn't like what I saw after asking that Q. I mean, I saw immediately upon asking myself that Q that I would not have been a "good person" at all had I not had that influence in my life. You would likely say to that: Well, you c an't prove what you just said. No, not to anyone else.. but I saw very clearly that I would not be a decent person w/o the Church to guide me. For quite some time when I was younger I did not listen to the Church much but the influence was there just the same and most things, I did agree w/ (the Teachings of the CC). And the one thing I did not listen to... I can't begin to tell you what a disaster it was for me not to obey that one teaching I threw out.. thought I had a good reason to do so.. good reason to disagree w/ the Church.. found out the absolute hard way how Wise the Church is... long story but I hurt more than just yours truly and now I have to live w/ the consequences for the rest of my life..

I often wonder: What would I have been like if I had not been "raised Catholic"? (which is such a subjective term but anyhow)

i didn't like what I saw after asking that Q. I mean, I saw immediately upon asking myself that Q that I would not have been a "good person" at all had I not had that influence in my life. You would likely say to that: Well, you c an't prove what you just said. No, not to anyone else.. but I saw very clearly that I would not be a decent person w/o the Church to guide me. For quite some time when I was younger I did not listen to the Church much but the influence was there just the same and most things, I did agree w/ (the Teachings of the CC). And the one thing I did not listen to... I can't begin to tell you what a disaster it was for me not to obey that one teaching I threw out.. thought I had a good reason to do so.. good reason to disagree w/ the Church.. found out the absolute hard way how Wise the Church is... long story but I hurt more than just yours truly and now I have to live w/ the consequences for the rest of my life
I grew up in a devoutly Lutheran (back door of the RC Church) family. While many of the values, morals and ideals of the church made lots of sense, the theology never really worked for me. The circumstances surrounding my father’s death in 2001 and my own life experiences moved me away from the Lutheran church, and religion in general. After separating from the church I went on a spiritual search and found the path of Morality and Values that I have now embraced.

I grew up in a devoutly Lutheran (back door of the RC Church) family. While many of the values, morals and ideals of the church made lots of sense, the theology never really worked for me. The circumstances surrounding my father’s death in 2001 and my own life experiences moved me away from the Lutheran church, and religion in general. After separating from the church I went on a spiritual search and found the path of Morality and Values that I have now embraced.
well, everyone has to at some point ask themselves: What do I really believe in? But in your life, the church had an influence. I am 99% sure of that because, again, I know from experience that, left w/o any Church guidance (even though we disagree on which is the right Church...) we are... uh.. not going to turn out well. In this, I understand the point of liberals who want to focus on a criminal's upbringing, even to the point of not holding him/her accountable for their crimes (I don't agree with that latter point, though).

I had a good childhood but a terrible adolescence and throughout the years since, I have had many evil thoughts.. and when I examined those thoughts (with the paltry knowledge of psychology I had/have), I realized that... well, basically, what led me to have evil thoughts, much less think about --momentarily thinking about--doing some.. unkosher things.. was the evil I had experienced in my early years. In other words, when you have a certain level of evil in your life, you are going to act and react in anger against that evil... which anger/rage may be mostly in your subconcious (most of the time), but sometimes... well, I don't know if I am being clear with my words here?

I am sure everyone has thought about.. you know, such things as getting back at people for the evil they have done to you? And sometimes the anger wins out over your more civilized self.. Sometimes you do not exactly want to wait for God to make things right... You know "Vengeance is Mine, saith the Lord" and all...

But in any case, I would not be so civilized if not for my Catholic faith, which while weak at one point in my maturing process... led to me being more mature later on

I'm sure millions of others can say the same...

Forum List

Back