A Heart Warming Story From Robert Reich

Since Reich is a hardcore partisan ideologue (left wing, in his case), there is absolutely no way of knowing if this story is true.

Next.
Is it so outside the realm of possibility that someone might quit the republican hatefest in disgust?
Nope.

Nor is it out of the realm of possibility that a hardcore partisan ideologue would lie.

They do it all the time.
Yes, the republican debates were a good example of that.
Both ends.

You do know that, right?
We haven't had any democratic debates yet but you can bet it will not be as fantasy-based as that performance because reality has a liberal bias. The reality is that the republican party is so far off the rails there may be no possible return to sanity.

It's called an epiphany and I received mine 35 years ago after I voted for Ronald Reagan and he didn't do a single thing that he promised he would while campaigning. Disappointed, I hung up my Republican registration and never looked back. My mistake was thinking that the other side had solutions that the left didn't. I'm still paying for the mistake of casting a vote for that man and I'll regret it to my grave.

"I got a call this morning from an old college friend who’s been a lifelong Republican (for years we’ve kidded one another about our respective politics), who told me he had decided to leave the GOP.

“It’s become the Party of hatemongers and know-nothings,” he said. “I’m embarrassed to be one of them.”

I asked him what had tipped him over the edge.

“Everything,” he said. “Their harangues against undocumented immigrants and promises to round them up and build a wall along the southern border. Their willingness to accept charges Obama is a Muslim and not born in America; that vaccines cause autism; that global warming is a hoax.”

“Yeah,” I said. “Pretty awful.”

“But that’s not all,” he said, becoming agitated. “It’s also their knee-jerk warmongering substituting for foreign policy. Their intolerance of a woman’s right to choose, and of gays’ and lesbians’ right to marry. Their willful suppression of black votes. Their racism!”

It was as if I’d opened a sluice gate. He went on, almost shouting: “Their incessant pandering to their wealthy funders by wanting even more tax cuts for the rich and big corporations, and then lying that the benefits will “trickle-down.” Their attacks on teachers. Cuts in school budgets. Eagerness to cut school lunches for poor kids…”

“Whoa,” I stopped him. “I get it. But these aren’t all new. Why did you stay a Republican all these years?”

He was silent for a moment. “Because I admired Mark Hatfield and Nelson Rockefeller and Jacob Javits,” he said. “I supported Barry Goldwater and John McCain. They reflected my values. I kept thinking my Republican Party would come back. But now I know it’s dead. The Party is now a sinkhole of ignorance and bigotry.”

“So,” I asked with a smile in my voice, “does this mean you’re coming over to my side?”

“No,” he said, still deeply serious. “Not yet. For now I’m an Independent.”

“But you’ll vote for a Democrat in the presidential election?”

“Absolutely. The Republicans now running are all “a-- ----s.”

“Absolutely. The Republicans now running are all “a-- ----s.”

and the democrats aren't?

Et tu, quoque??

Yep. There was a time that I was as oblivious as this guy

12003162_10153307541131051_2522273376817011521_n.jpg

or her?

hillary-im-with-stupid.jpg

Now...that's funny......even it is photoshopped (not saying it is)

Since Reich is a hardcore partisan ideologue (left wing, in his case), there is absolutely no way of knowing if this story is true.

Next.
Is it so outside the realm of possibility that someone might quit the republican hatefest in disgust?
Nope.

Nor is it out of the realm of possibility that a hardcore partisan ideologue would lie.

They do it all the time.
Both ends.

You do know that, right?
We haven't had any democratic debates yet but you can bet it will not be as fantasy-based as that performance because reality has a liberal bias. The reality is that the republican party is so far off the rails there may be no possible return to sanity.

The democratic debates won't feature liberals. They will feature left wing idiots (with the possible exception of Sanders).

Are really so blind as to not think that Clinton and Co. are not as whacked out as Bush and Trump ?

BTW: Rebert Reich is a pretty good economist.

He's no better than Paul Krugman when it comes to policy (they both suck).

I can make up stories too.

What was so heartwarming about this story anyway ?

I have friends on both sides who lament the total lack of any quality candidates.

Next.
Nope.

They do it all the time.
Both ends.

You do know that, right?
Yes, reality would have a liberal bias from your perspective.

Nope.

They do it all the time.
Both ends.

You do know that, right?
My perspective is that if someone says a bunch of easily detectable bullshit for extended periods then they are pathological liars. Your front-runner is the most easily detected bullshit artist to run for office since Pat Paulson and he was only joking.

Nope.

They do it all the time.
Both ends.

You do know that, right?
My perspective is that if someone says a bunch of easily detectable bullshit for extended periods then they are pathological liars. Your front-runner is the most easily detected bullshit artist to run for office since Pat Paulson and he was only joking.
There's no chance I'll be voting GOP, so he's not "my" front-runner.

Partisan ideologues on both ends lie, spin and distort with impunity, and anyone who doesn't see that is most likely a partisan ideologue themselves.

Nope.

They do it all the time.
Both ends.

You do know that, right?

Does anyone else see the irony in this post ?

Both ends.

You do know that, right?

Partisans don't have mirrors.

Both ends.

You do know that, right?

Wrong question.

Should be, does anyone NOT see the irony in this post?

Both ends.

You do know that, right?

Partisans don't have mirrors.

Don't seem well equipped to detect their own B.S. either.

Forum List

Back