A Good Read

LoneLaugher

Diamond Member
Oct 3, 2011
Inside Mac's Head
Smerconish is a RINO if I ever seen one, and I have no clue who Pete Dominick is.

Smerconish is a RINO if I ever seen one, and I have no clue who Pete Dominick is.

Is that right? A RINO? Sounds serious.

I think he's got a pretty firm grasp on things.

A programming note: in addition to doing his own show from 6-9 tomorrow and Wednesday on SIRIUS 104, Dominick will be in the chair for Smerconish ( on vacation ) on the POTUS channel from 9-12. If you have SIRIUS and want to get an idea who Dominick is........these would be good days for you to do so.

Of all the pundits out there, I am probably most in sync with Dominick. He's not a fan of "labels" but he'll accept being called a leftist and a progressive. He'll then remind you that that does not mean that he is a Democrat. I invite you to investigate. There are plenty of clips for you to peruse.

A programming note: in addition to doing his own show from 6-9 tomorrow and Wednesday on SIRIUS 104, Dominick will be in the chair for Smerconish ( on vacation ) on the POTUS channel from 9-12. If you have SIRIUS and want to get an idea who Dominick is........these would be good days for you to do so.

Of all the pundits out there, I am probably most in sync with Dominick. He's not a fan of "labels" but he'll accept being called a leftist and a progressive. He'll then remind you that that does not mean that he is a Democrat. I invite you to investigate. There are plenty of clips for you to peruse.

Any so-called Republican that endorses Obama for president twice is not really a Republican. They just say the are because they believe it helps them further their leftist agenda. Kind of like the poster JakeStarkey. You probably think he has a good grasp on things too.

So is Dominick a wise ass just like you?

Any so-called Republican that endorses Obama for president twice is not really a Republican. They just say the are because they believe it helps them further their leftist agenda. Kind of like the poster JakeStarkey. You probably think he has a good grasp on things too.

Hmmmmm. Would you describe McCain and Romney as RINO's? Please answer honestly.

They're not conservative enough on certain issues for my liking, but I would stop short of calling them RINO's.

They're not conservative enough on certain issues for my liking, but I would stop short of calling them RINO's.

Is that right?

Let me ask....what nationally recognized GOP politician is, in your opinion, a RINO?

Is that right?

Let me ask....what nationally recognized GOP politician is, in your opinion, a RINO?

Scott Brown, Olympia Snow, Susan Collins, Colin Powell.

Two of them are career politicians. One has never sought elected office and one is a sort-of politician. None have sought national office. I don't know what Smerconish thinks of any of those people. I can't speak to his being a RINO based on those. Is "W" a RINO? How about his father?

Is that right?

Two of them are career politicians. One has never sought elected office and one is a sort-of politician. None have sought national office. I don't know what Smerconish thinks of any of those people. I can't speak to his being a RINO based on those. Is "W" a RINO? How about his father?

I didn't particularly think Dubya was a good present, but a RINO he wasn't, although he did do some liberal shit. His father was ok, I guess.

I was drawn to this article by the title. I regularly listen to Smerconish and Dominick via SiRIUS. The article doesn't really discuss them too much....but it does hit on some interesting points that are reinforced by the kinds of things we see and do here at USMB. Enjoy.

Michael Smerconish And Pete Dominick Make Me Uncomfortable: What Centrist-Independents Reveal About Liberals And Conservatives - Forbes

I haven't read Tuschman's book, but I DID read Jonathan Haidt's book, The Righteous Mind: Why Good People are Divided by Politics and Religion, which was published over a year before Tuschman's book was published. I highly recommended it.

I didn't particularly think Dubya was a good present, but a RINO he wasn't, although he did do some liberal shit. His father was ok, I guess.

Do you know anything about Smerconish's career?

Do you know anything about Smerconish's career?

I know the guy was a bureaucrat under the Bush 41 administration if that's what you're getting at. So what? The guy endorse Barack freaking Hussein Obama, twice. That's enough to call him a RINO for me.

Forum List

Back