A "Good" Law

There is no such thing as a "good" law. All laws discriminate, ostracize, and attack.

No I wasn't under deductible before but now I am My work offers insurance so according to Obama law I have to take it

So your employer only offers a high-deductible plan? You're not forced to take that; you've opted to stay with the employer's plan because your employer pays all or part of the premiums...a luxury not every American has.

Now, if you were willing to do some research (at the sites I mentioned), you might be able to find a better plan on your own and opt out of your employer's plan.

The PPACA does not force you to stay with your employer's plan.

Do you want to look for a better plan, or do you just want to pout?
I'm not pouting. I would just like to know why I lost my good insurance just because Obama wanted to mess up something else

Have you asked your boss why the company only offers a shitty plan? Alternatively, are you willing to wean off the company tit and see if you can find better coverage?

I'm not pouting. I would just like to know why I lost my good insurance just because Obama wanted to mess up something else

What is the connection between Obama and what you're talking about supposed to be?

I lost my insurance too thanks to Obamacare. You can keep your doctor didn't turn out to be true either. Barry got it passed on a lie, in fact several lies. Ben Carson said Obamacare is worst thing since slavery; he was right!

I lost my insurance too thanks to Obamacare.

How did that happen?

my policy disappeared because it was not Obamacare compliant.

Probably a minimal catastrophic policy. What have you don't about replacing it?
no it was 550 a month with 5900 deductible no copay. Cigna just quoted me 800 7000 deductible and 30% of all bills after deductible!! and I have no health issues at all.

Soviet programs make everyone poor. Thats why 120 million slowly starved to death.

no it was 550 a month with 5900 deductible no copay.

That's what your employer was offering, for a group plan to which the employer contributed? Dubious, or else you were being ripped off.

Cigna just quoted me 800 7000 deductible and 30% of all bills after deductible!! and I have no health issues at all.

Then you're not shopping smart. Go here: Subsidy Calculator Widget

See what you could be paying. Then go to one of the exchange sites and shop for an insurer there. Cigna's not going to offer you any bargains on its site.

Before I paid low premium with great benefits. Now I pay high premium with no benefits. Obamas law if you are offered insurance where you work you get no subsidiary

Before I paid low premium with great benefits. Now I pay high premium with no benefits. Obamas law if you are offered insurance where you work you get no subsidiary

You've been misinformed. Whether or not you're eligible for a subsidy is based on a number of factors - the state you live in, income, number of family members covered, which insurer you choose, whether you choose a bronze or silver plan, etc.

However, if you're afraid to even click on the link to find out, you'll remain misinformed and probably paying more than you should. But you still get to feel like a victim.

You've been misinformed. Whether or not you're eligible for a subsidy is based on a number of factors - the state you live in, income, number of family members covered, which insurer you choose, whether you choose a bronze or silver plan, etc.

However, if you're afraid to even click on the link to find out, you'll remain misinformed and probably paying more than you should. But you still get to feel like a victim.
You're not catching what I'm saying. No matter what better deal I find it will never replace What I had before Obama messed up insurance

No matter what better deal I find it will never replace What I had before...

First of all, what you had before - $550 a month for an individual policy with a $5,900 deductible - was a ripoff.

Second, you're telling me you've gone to an exchange and tried every tier offered by every available insurer and you can't get a better deal than that?

I'm skeptical.

First of all, what you had before - $550 a month for an individual policy with a $5,900 deductible - was a ripoff.

dear stupid, it is exactly what I had before too. last I was offered under Cigna Obamacare was $800 with $8000 deductible and 30% of all costs over deductible!!

Second, you're telling me you've gone to an exchange and tried every tier offered by every available insurer and you can't get a better deal than that?

I'm skeptical.
No I paid 90 a month and no deductible

I'm skeptical.

Sorry...I got your info confused with EddieBeCrazy's. He just keeps spamming; it's hard to have a convo with anyone else.

At that premium, I'm assuming it was a catastrophic policy. Would that be correct?

I'm skeptical.

Sorry...I got your info confused with EddieBeCrazy's. He just keeps spamming; it's hard to have a convo with anyone else.

At that premium, I'm assuming it was a catastrophic policy. Would that be correct?
It paid everything. I had a 20 dollar co-pay and no deductible. Meds were around 7 dollars

Last edited:

I'm skeptical.

It paid everything. I had a 20 dollar co-pay and no deductible. Meds were around 7 dollars

Was this also through your employer?

I'm skeptical.

Yes

I'm skeptical.

Yes

If it were me, I'd compare the old policy with the new one to see whether your employer has switched carriers or reduced their contribution to the group plan.

You're not obligated to stay with the company plan if you can find a better one on your own.

Forum List

Back