A fly on the wall

Discussion in 'Politics' started by eric, Dec 14, 2003.

1. eric

eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I care, and no it is not a good idea, not at all. I run across these nightmares every day in my contacts with other companies, in the long term it will backfire, but in the short term it is hard to convince the stockholders to spend an extra $50,000 per year per employee.

We should not be that hasty though to lay all the blame on our government and our corporations. Yes greed has played a large part in this, but let us not forget the consumer, whether an individual or a business. Can you honestly tell me that you would pay more for an American made product rather than a less expensive import? This problem started many years ago in mass manufacturing and is now showing its ugly head in the service industries.

2. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    you are correct, not all the blame lay with them.

I do , as often as possible. I have to admit that there are times when I'm left with no choice in the matter due to finances. family medical issues generally eat up half my income or more.

In other purchases, yes. I bought a Pontiac for my family car instead of the honda my wife wanted. It was about 4,000 more expensive but it was american. Wouldn't you know, 2 months after I bought the pontiac they made public their decision to open a R&D center in India.

This is the part that really burns my ass. When I was discharged from active duty I entered the manufacturing labor base. Thats when I started to self teach myself the IT field. I was lucky enough to leave the manufacturing arena before jobs started hemoraging fast but alot of my friends and family were not. The struggle to maintain even a modest lifestyle wears on people.

As to the blame on this, I would seriously like to see an investigation done on just how much money was given to the ITAA to rattle off reports of 800,000+ IT jobs going unfilled for years in a row and how that developed into the corporate push for offshoring. I believe that would be a story and a half.

3. eric

eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0

I do also, I just wish more people thought this way.

Agreed ! I think it would be a most interesting read.

4. jon_forward

jon_forward Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    It was all staged. they timed it wrong... yep. I can hear it all now. the creek without a paddle story comes to mind..

5. Sevendogs

Sevendogs Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    :) I do not know how Iraq war would end for sure, but it will be a burden on our budget. The economy still looks bad to me. Besides, I would never vote for a president, who allows snowmobiles in Yallowstone. This alone makes him dead as my president.

6. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +248
    Oh no, snowmobiles! What's this world coming to?

Nobody cares what you think anyway. Have you bothered to answer the questions asked of you in previous threads?

7. MtnBiker

MtnBiker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +230
    Oh man that's a riot, so is every President after TR and before Clinton dead as a president to you as well, becuase they all allowed snowmobiling in Yellowstone.

8. lilcountriegal

lilcountriegal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +60
    Yallowstone? Where's that? Is that some new entertainment park in the hills of West Virginy?

9. MtnBiker

MtnBiker Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +230
    That's pretty funny.:D

10. jon_forward

jon_forward Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    so. are we suppose to wait till the economy is right, the moon is full and all the stars are lined up to do something about a threat to humanity? take your snowmobile and go home.