A Florida teen was accepted into all eight Ivy League schools -- and seven other universities

It isn’t surprising that her class rank, SAT score, and GPA were not reported, and there’s a reason for that - these Ivies do not want to open themselves to more Supreme Court cases by whites, and increasingly Asians, who have superior grades and scores and were rejected.

So let’s remember the flip side of this. While the young black girl gets this phenomenal opportunity, a young white or Asian boy with better academics, and perhaps from a poor, struggling family, has lost out.

I seem to be the only one of this forum who has worked in the admissions field, and I remember the debates as to whether to publish the acceptance data by race. Those “for it” wanted to be able to show African-Americans that you didn’t need as high a score or as good a GPA as they expected - and they wanted to encourage black applicants. Those “against it“ were afraid that if whites saw how much harder it was for them to get in, as opposed to blacks, there would be lawsuits.
Lisa are you insinuating that this young lady is not eminently qualified for acceptance into Harvard? What about the other 7 Ivy league schools or the 7 non-ivy league schools who also extended an acceptance letter to her?

It isn’t surprising that her class rank, SAT score, and GPA were not reported

There is a reason that her stats weren't reported being that it's a foregone conclusion that she's at the top of her class.

Are you now going to challenge the schools that made her an offer? Why don't you contact them and ask them HOW she got in?

I can't believe that you don't believe she got in because of merit.

There are an infantesily small number of blacks that could enter into Ivy League schools without AA. It is covered in the "Bell Curve.".There are some very intelligent blacks although a tiny percentage.
A tiny percentage? I hate to keep bringing this up but they said the same thing about the Tuskegee Airmen and this was decades before affirmative action.

It's never been that black people aren't up to the challenge, it historically has been that opportunities have been denied due to all of the same false misconceptions such as the one you just mentioned.

• Love
Reactions: IM2
Lisa are you insinuating that this young lady is not eminently qualified for acceptance into Harvard? What about the other 7 Ivy league schools or the 7 non-ivy league schools who also extended an acceptance letter to her?

There is a reason that her stats weren't reported being that it's a foregone conclusion that she's at the top of her class.

Are you now going to challenge the schools that made her an offer? Why don't you contact them and ask them HOW she got in?

The Ivies are all leftwing.
As for merit, recall David Hogg. He was denied entry in far less rigorous schools: California State University at Long Beach, UCLA, the University of California at Santa Barbara and the University of California at San Diego. But once he became the marionette for the Marxist gun control movement, voila! He was accepted by Harvard.

Very interesting. Thanks for the insight.

The left is practicing the very racism they claim to oppose by giving blacks privileges they ddidn't earn. This harms everybody involved.
1) It harms blacks because they know they aren't qualified and have to experience the resentment of those who made it on merit.
2) It harms the qualified whites and Asians who were denied admission to make way for the unqualified blacks.
3) It harms society because they are being sold an Ivy League graduate, but the product is lacking.
True. The only non-racist way to approach admissions is to remove any consideration of race (obviously). There is a pending case before the SCOTUS this fall, and we may finally see race-blind admissions be required.

Very interesting. Thanks for the insight.

The left is practicing the very racism they claim to oppose by giving blacks privileges they ddidn't earn. This harms everybody involved.
1) It harms blacks because they know they aren't qualified and have to experience the resentment of those who made it on merit.
2) It harms the qualified whites and Asians who were denied admission to make way for the unqualified blacks.
3) It harms society because they are being sold an Ivy League graduate, but the product is lacking.
Lisa has no insight she's just a bitter perpetual victim who lashes out when she doesn't enough traction on her sob stories about her Jewish heritage.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

And I can’t believe you are still in denial.

And I can’t believe you are still in denial.
In denial about what Lisa? :)

I made a prediction in writing to one of the other members of the forum before I posted this thread, that you'd show up to crap all over it and right on time, here you are...

This young lady is from a single mom family who apparently didn't adhere to your formula for success and was successful none-the-less.

Lisa has no insight she's just a bitter perpetual victim who lashes out when she doesn't enough traction on her sob stories about her Jewish heritage.
Of course I have insight. I was privy to all the admissions discussions.

And I don’t bring up “sob stories” about the Holocaust survivors - and victims - in my family, although that’s the nasty spin you out on it. (Why bring up my religion AT ALL?) My story has been one of inspiration - that a poor boy (my father), with immigrant and uneducated parents, and in the face of antisemitism, moved from poverty to the middle class in one generation. That is to show how people, despite prejudice and poverty, can overcome obstacles with the right choices - and not to blame racism.

Sorry I had to explain all this. It was certainly inappropriate for you to call the Holocaust “a sob story,” while all you do is cry about past racism. You are really a piece of work.

Last edited:
True. The only non-racist way to approach admissions is to remove any consideration of race (obviously). There is a pending case before the SCOTUS this fall, and we may finally see race-blind admissions be required.
You seriously think the ONLY reason or even the MAIN reason she got in was because she's BLACK?

In denial about what Lisa? :)

I made a prediction in writing to one of the other members of the forum before I posted this thread, that you'd show up to crap all over it and right on time, here you are...

This young lady is from a single mom family who apparently didn't adhere to your formula for success and was successful none-the-less.
And I knew that when I reported the obvious truth, you’d come down on me like the angry person you are. All I did was point out that her scores and grades were NOT reported, and that is because whites with higher grades and scores were rejected - and they might bring suit.

You’re happy that the black girl got in. I’m sorry that a superior student with higher grades was rejected simply because he was white. There are 20,000 valedictorians who would have loved to go to Harvard, but the vast majority were rejected.

You seriously think the ONLY reason or even the MAIN reason she got in was because she's BLACK?
The odds are two out of three that she would not have gotten in if she were white. Even Harvard admitted that the 14% black percentage would drop to around 3% without giving favorable treatment to blacks applicants.

The odds are one out of three that she would have been admitted regardless.

Those are the stats. The same as when I worked in admissions more than a decade ago.

And I don’t bring up “sob stories” about the Holocaust survivors - and victims - in my family, although that’s the nasty spin you out on it. (Why bring my my religion AT ALL?) My story has been one of inspiration - that a poor boy (my father), with immigrant and uneducated parents, and in the face of antisemitism, moved from poverty to the middle class in one generation. That is to show how people, despite prejudice and poverty, can overcome obstacles with the right choices - and not to blame racism.

Sorry I had to explain all this. It was certainly inappropriate for you to call the Holocaust “a sob story,” while all you do is cry about past racism. You are really a piece of work.
Really?
How long ago was this and for how many years and which university/college?

In your case, it IS a sob story and I have explained why. You can't even acknowledge the pain and trauma that others have experienced as being valid in your efforts to promote YOUR version of YOUR story of what your family members endured and overcame.

You're unable to acknowledge the differences between what happened to the Jewish people (in another country) versus what happened to black people in our own country. You've refused to acknowledge the attitudes of whites specifically towards black people in the United States both then and now and how your family not being black had advantages not afforded to black people by law.

You still refuse to acknowledge that when your people arrived on the shores of the United States even though they were foreigners, BECAUSE THEY WERE WHITE, they were not subjected to the same pains and punishments that white people could legally administer against black people without fear of retribution.

I showed you the picnic pictures taken of the burned bodies of lynching victims taken as souvenirs and converted to postcards sent to families and friends by the whites in attendance. By the way, the lynchings were often announced in advance so that the white families could prepare and be present for the festivities.

And lastly I shared with you that one of the 4 little girls killed in 16th Street church bombing in Birmingham, Alabama in 1963 which is NOT ancient history but during my lifetime, was a family members. And the only thing out of you is for me to quit bringing up ancient history.

At no time has any one of us ever denied that what Hitler & his minions did to the Jewish people was inhumane and we have always decried that event, the whole world has. But while you receive assistance, sympathy, monuments of remembrances and proclamations of "we will never forget" and "never again" even from the United States, the U.S. still hasn't fully apologized to black people for slavery in the U.S. and every discriminatory law, court ruling policy, procedure, etc. that came in it's aftermath. And don't even bring up the subject of reparations which your people received, but you've gone on the record as being against black people receiving.

Your attitude towards black people in America is rank for two specific reasons.

NO ONE who is penniless and uneducated can rise from poverty in 10 years without assistance, yet this is the lie you continue to tell when it comes to your grandparents. Your story is supposed to be taken as the gospel truth even though it has holes in it big enough to drive a 16 wheeler through, but anything regarding the accomplishments of black people are suspect, including this current story, and when I mentioned to you that my grandfather helped fight Hitler and was part of the war effort to rescue and free the Jewish people, a peep from you.

No one is required to have compassion for others or to care about them, but if that is your position, then let it me known, I have never had a problem with the Jewish people, I just don't like you specially, for all of the reasons above as well as the following. Your beliefs and comments as expressed here on U.S. Message Board identify you as a white racist. it's just unfortunate that you just happen to be Jewish.

Really?

How long ago was this and for how many years and which university/college?

In your case, it IS a sob story and I have explained why. You can't even acknowledge the pain and trauma that others have experienced as being valid in your efforts to promote YOUR version of YOUR story of what your family members endured and overcame.

You're unable to acknowledge the differences between what happened to the Jewish people (in another country) versus what happened to black people in our own country. You've refused to acknowledge the attitudes of whites specifically towards black people in the United States both then and now and how your family not being black had advantages not afforded to black people by law.

You still refuse to acknowledge that when your people arrived on the shores of the United States even though they were foreigners, BECAUSE THEY WERE WHITE, they were not subjected to the same pains and punishments that white people could legally administer against black people without fear of retribution.

I showed you the picnic pictures taken of the burned bodies of lynching victims taken as souvenirs and converted to postcards sent to families and friends by the whites in attendance. By the way, the lynchings were often announced in advance so that the white families could prepare and be present for the festivities.

And lastly I shared with you that one of the 4 little girls killed in 16th Street church bombing in Birmingham, Alabama in 1963 which is NOT ancient history but during my lifetime, was a family members. And the only thing out of you is for me to quit bringing up ancient history.

At no time has any one of us ever denied that what Hitler & his minions did to the Jewish people was inhumane and we have always decried that event, the whole world has. But while you receive assistance, sympathy, monuments of remembrances and proclamations of "we will never forget" and "never again" even from the United States, the U.S. still hasn't fully apologized to black people for slavery in the U.S. and every discriminatory law, court ruling policy, procedure, etc. that came in it's aftermath. And don't even bring up the subject of reparations which your people received, but you've gone on the record as being against black people receiving.

Your attitude towards black people in America is rank for two specific reasons.

NO ONE who is penniless and uneducated can rise from poverty in 10 years without assistance, yet this is the lie you continue to tell when it comes to your grandparents. Your story is supposed to be taken as the gospel truth even though it has holes in it big enough to drive a 16 wheeler through, but anything regarding the accomplishments of black people are suspect, including this current story, and when I mentioned to you that my grandfather helped fight Hitler and was part of the war effort to rescue and free the Jewish people, a peep from you.

No one is required to have compassion for others or to care about them, but if that is your position, then let it me known, I have never had a problem with the Jewish people, I just don't like you specially, for all of the reasons above as well as the following. Your beliefs and comments as expressed here on U.S. Message Board identify you as a white racist. it's just unfortunate that you just happen to be Jewish.
TLDR.

Anyone who is accepted and graduates proves they were worthy of the acceptance.
Race should not be a factor, and Harvard has made it very clear that it makes special allowances to admit black students that they do not extend to whites. That is racist.

It is a sad commentary that people who feel admissions decisions should be made race-blind are deemed “racist” by the leftist haters, and the leftist haters who insist that special favoritism should be granted depending on the race of the applicant do not recognize their own racism.

And I knew that when I reported the obvious truth, you’d come down on me like the angry person you are. All I did was point out that her scores and grades were NOT reported, and that is because whites with higher grades and scores were rejected - and they might bring suit.

You’re happy that the black girl got in. I’m sorry that a superior student with higher grades was rejected simply because he was white. There are 20,000 valedictorians who would have loved to go to Harvard, but the vast majority were rejected.
There is no obvious TRUTH other than you are delusional. You're just mad, as evidenced by your attempt to characterize me an "angry black woman", because another black girl has achieved mega success even as you suspect that she had to hurt the feelings, opportunities, etc. of someone who isn't black to get there. I mean the way you all tell it, every single white person is more qualified and would have done better in every opportunity that a black person allegedly deprived them of, right?

Forum List

Back