A Fight to Decriminalize Cookies (No, Really) Plays Out in Wisconsin

Sounds extreme, of course, but tell us, if I was cooking up my own blood pressure medication, should I be allowed to sell that at the Church Raffle? Same concept, safe food and drugs.
:cuckoo:
Just stop at sounds extreme and stop being a moron.
We are dealing with a concept here, food and drug safety. It's a fallacy to say well, it's just a cookie. You can get just as dead from that as a bad drug if someone really fucks the pooch. It's not a question of should we regulate, it's only a question of when, where, and how much?

:bs1:

It is bake sale stuff, if a baking ingredient might do you in, don't buy them. If it is a drug or other noncookie ingredient, a law doesn't bring you back from the dead. C-o-o-k-I-e-s and C-a-k-e-s.

Common sense. Not that you know what that is.
Common sense is capitalism is regulated, as is the production of food and drugs here, for good reason. When they weren't people sold shit so bad that people died.

Doctors kill 50,000 a year from sloppy negligent work. And it's regulated.

You can't regulate sorrow and sadness into extinction.
Nope, but you can sure try, and we do. Remove the liability, so they can learn from the mistakes of others, and you cut that number by 80%

Sounds extreme, of course, but tell us, if I was cooking up my own blood pressure medication, should I be allowed to sell that at the Church Raffle? Same concept, safe food and drugs.
We are dealing with a concept here, food and drug safety. It's a fallacy to say well, it's just a cookie. You can get just as dead from that as a bad drug if someone really fucks the pooch. It's not a question of should we regulate, it's only a question of when, where, and how much?

It is bake sale stuff, if a baking ingredient might do you in, don't buy them. If it is a drug or other noncookie ingredient, a law doesn't bring you back from the dead. C-o-o-k-I-e-s and C-a-k-e-s.

Common sense is capitalism is regulated, as is the production of food and drugs here, for good reason. When they weren't people sold shit so bad that people died.

We are not talking commercial food production moron.
It doesn't change anything at all. One cookie or 100 million, we regulate food here.

Nope, but you can sure try, and we do. Remove the liability, so they can learn from the mistakes of others, and you cut that number by 80%

Yes, because in your eyes, getting rid of one doctor is worth having a larger shortage of doctors, so other people can suffer and die from a lack of proper attention.

But hey, this is the Land of the Free! And don't you forget it!

It is against the law to sell homemade baked goods in Wisconsin. Cookies, brownies, muffins, whatever. Those who violate the law potentially face up to $1,000 in fines and up to six months in jail.

The only other state with a baking ban this extreme is New Jersey. There is a bill, SB 330, nicknamed the "Cookie Bill," intended to ease up on this ban and allow home bakers to sell "non-hazardous baked goods" without requiring a commercial license or kitchen. It passed the state's senate on Tuesday but still has to make it through the Assembly.

A Fight to Decriminalize Cookies (No, Really) Plays Out in Wisconsin

You do realize that this has absolutely nothing to do with the subject....right?
It is really unclear what the hell he was going for there.

My guess is trolling as usual. You see PMH absolutely LOVES totalitarian governments. He extols their supposed virtues whenever possible.
Nope. And stop trolling, Mod Troll.

It doesn't change anything at all. One cookie or 100 million, we regulate food here.

Sure it does, you stated capitalism as the reason to regulate, this is charity. Fail

Also, many states are making exceptions to your view, so deal with it.

We are not talking commercial food production moron.

So If I want to have a big picnic in my yard...and invite a lot of neighbors and people nearby who don't have as much....and I want to cook them all a bunch of food and give them a free meal....SHOULD I be regulated or need a permit?

No? So free food is safe but sold food is not?

Hint: The answer is....free food doesn't rob the government of taxes. Sold food, without a permit, does. This has NOTHING to do with "food safety".

Yes, because in your eyes, getting rid of one doctor is worth having a larger shortage of doctors, so other people can suffer and die from a lack of proper attention.
No, to fix a system you have to be safe to admit mistakes, and they are not.

If I get new neighbors should I be allowed to bake them a cake as a welcome gift?

Or....PaintMyHouse.....should I need a permit?

Sure it does, you stated capitalism as the reason to regulate, this is charity. Fail

Our Church Outreach feeds hundreds every week, from hot meals to sandwiches and cookies....nobody is regulating any of that. Paintbynumbers is just arguing to argue

Denial as defense fail.

huh?

Food safety is why we regulate. Capitalism is far too casual about that. It goes against profit,

Denial as defense fail.
That is not denial, that is the real world. If you are punished for mistakes, and they are, you won't admit them.

Forum List

Back