A Feel Good Story

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Big D, May 6, 2004.

1. Big D

Big D Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    It makes me feel so good to know that are tax money is being spent like this, I hope there are thousands more story's like this in the future. It is great that we are able to help so many people:

An appeals court has overturned a decision that allowed a hospital to return a brain-damaged illegal immigrant to his native Guatemala after he racked up more than $2 million in medical bills.

http://ap.tbo.com/ap/florida/MGAW6EONWTD.html

2. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    hell, if he'd been a homeless american there would have been a public uproar about stupid ass social programs and how they do nothing to contribute to the positive fabric of society. :rolleyes:

3. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    I don't know about you fellas, but I can feel the gratitude of the Guatamalan community fairly oozing out toward me. Man, that feels good. Where's my checkbook?

4. Big D

Big D Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    The 2 million dollars is well worth it to get this illegal alian healthy again,

because we need these people to do ALL the jobs you lazy Americans won't do.

5. Big D

Big D Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    The number of Mexicans migrating to the United States in search of work has reached 390,000 since President Vicente Fox came to office in 2000, a new report says. The figure compares with 235,000 migrations throughout the 1980s.

The report from the National Population Council also says the exodus is largely comprised of entire families heading for the United States, and that the rate is growing.

"The net flow of migrants from Mexico to the United States has increased dramatically, from 235,000 in the period 1980-1990 to 390,000 between 2000 and 2003," the report says. "This dynamic has led to the formation of a considerable Mexican community (in the United States)."

http://www.el-universal.com.mx/pls/impreso/noticia.html?id_nota=4438&tabla=miami

6. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    We should just chop up MExico into 2 or 3 new states and annex it. Then they wouldnt need to go over the border to get here. They can just stay there.

7. CrazyLiberal

CrazyLiberal Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Would you suggest invading Mexico Insein? If not, I'm sure they would be oblidged to merge with the US. New Texas anyone?

8. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    sounds like a plan to me, I'll take Grand Cayman and Isla Mujeres. y'all can have the rest. :D

9. Bullypulpit

Bullypulpit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    ...AKA Big D ans Sweet William...You are dismissed.

The vast majority of such cases are covered by charitable donations and foundation grants. Go fuck yourselves.

10. Big D

Big D Guest

Ratings:
    +0