A Disastrous Day for the Tea Party

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Flaylo, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Flaylo

Flaylo Handsome Devil

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +451
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,618
    One election does NOT a mandate make.

I'm pretty pleased with the elections this time around but I don't think it means the battle is over.

Not remotely over, really.

3. rdean

rdean rddean

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,007
    Well come on. Obama was teaching constitutional law at the university level for 10 years. He probably knows more about the constitution than any Republican alive. I don't see him putting a bill out there he knows is unconstitutional.

4. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    Not quite true. He was never a Constitutional Law professor, he was a "visiting" professor and not part of the faculty. He never taught the study of the Constitution, only those parts of the Constitution as relates to civil rights.

It is his often stated opinion that the Constitution is wrong. It is fatally wrong and fatally flawed.

5. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Rdean is not interested in facts, he's a big believer in the rhetoric of idiots. In truth, only 6% of his posts do not contain bullshit.

6. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,618
    I ALSO think the US Constitution is fatally flawed.

7. DiamondDave

DiamondDave Army Vet

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,816
    Fatally flawed in the fact that it has been allowed to be thwarted by power hungry government officials that take the liberty of extra power that is not granted to the federal government by the constitution

8. Jarhead

Jarhead Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,286
    So I guess you are saying the judges that found it to be unconstitutional know nothing of the consitution?

I studied economics....I was an economics TA for a few years at the Syracuse University Maxwell School of Citizenship.

I admit I know less about how economics is applied to real life business than those that have experienced it and applied it at the highest of levels.

When I started my first business, I consulted with my mentor...the head of the Economics department at Syracuse. The first thing he said to me was "dont just rely on what I taught you for much of that is not applicable to the real world. Rely on your ability to reason"

9. Full-Auto

Full-Auto Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,615
    :lmao:

We finally took democrats and there criminal enterprise out of the liquor business.

We rejected a democrat attempt at hiding behind a commission to raise taxes and not be accountable.

It was a glorious day!!!!!

10. Dragon

Dragon Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +579
    He was right, for a reason you don't mention, which also goes the other direction: economics and business administration are two completely different skill sets.

Someone running a business deals with a small PART of the economy, and is concerned with the performance and success of that part of the economy in competition with other parts.

Someone making economic decisions at the government level deals with ALL of the economy, and is concerned with the performance and success of the WHOLE.

If you are running a business, and your competitors don't do as well as your business does, that's a GOOD thing. In economics, their poorer performance is lumped together with your better one, and you doing well means nothing.

If you are running a business, and you find a way to increase worker productivity while keeping wages from rising, that's a GOOD thing. In economics, it worsens the ratio between consumer demand and productivity, which is a BAD thing.

No, you should not run your business according to the principles of economics; you should run it according to the principles of business administration.

The reverse is also true -- which is why successful businessmen tend to make poor politicians.