A Democrat's Defense of Romney and Private Equity

Conservative

Type 40
Jul 1, 2011
Pennsylvania
A Democrat's Defense of Romney, Bain, and Private Equity | Inc.com

I am a card-carrying Democrat and supporter of President Obama. I will vote for him again in November.

But the attacks against Mitt Romney's record at Bain Capital—by both his Republican brethren and Democrats—and the demonization of the private equity industry are really starting to annoy me. I won't vote for him for president based on his policies and the policies of the party he represents, but I believe Mitt Romney's business track record at Bain Capital, and the private equity industry as a whole, is deserving of a full-throated defense.

First, Bain Capital is a great firm. I have co-invested with them and some of my closest friends are managing directors there. You will not find a smarter, higher-integrity, harder-working group of professionals.
Second, the work of private equity is a healthy part of our capitalist system. Damning private equity as a market force is absurd in a free market economy.
But the fact that Bain Capital has amassed over $60 billion in investor capital, and the fact that there are over 2,300 private equity firms managing $2.4 trillion, suggests that this is a massive force in our global economy that attracts the best talent, capital and companies for a good reason.
So let's stop this name-calling nonsense (is Warren Buffett a corporate raider?) and instead focus on the important policy issues surrounding the economy, health care, foreign affairs, and social policies.

why am I completely not surprised that hypocrite libtard fuck-wads had no response to a DEMOCRAT defending Romney and private equity firms...

dumb asses, the lot of you.

why am I completely not surprised that hypocrite libtard fuck-wads had no response to a DEMOCRAT defending Romney and private equity firms...

dumb asses, the lot of you.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elW5qv3RJuI]Clinton: "No Question" Being Gov And "Sterling Business Career" Makes You Qualified - YouTube[/ame]

No one has attacked Bain.

Simply pointing out that Romney is a pioneer in "outsourcing" is OK.

Romney signed dozens of documents saying he had stopped working at Bain then signed dozens more saying he not only worked there for years after he quit, but received unknown amounts of money in salaries.

Romney "saved" the Olympics for which Republicans gave 1.3 billion dollars in taxpayer money. We don't really know Romney's "role" because any documents connected to him were destroyed. And we don't know who owns the properties paid for with taxpayer money. We do know the taxpayers own nothing.

Romney keeps his money overseas in tax shelters. And his 401 holds an impossible hundred million dollars.

Romney spent only a few thousand dollars for "house cleaning" according to his single released tax return of one year. We're not even sure how many enormous houses he owns. Houses as big as those requires a "staff".

See the difference?????

No one has attacked Bain.

Simply pointing out that Romney is a pioneer in "outsourcing" is OK.

Romney signed dozens of documents saying he had stopped working at Bain then signed dozens more saying he not only worked there for years after he quit, but received unknown amounts of money in salaries.

Romney "saved" the Olympics for which Republicans gave 1.3 billion dollars in taxpayer money. We don't really know Romney's "role" because any documents connected to him were destroyed. And we don't know who owns the properties paid for with taxpayer money. We do know the taxpayers own nothing.

Romney keeps his money overseas in tax shelters. And his 401 holds an impossible hundred million dollars.

Romney spent only a few thousand dollars for "house cleaning" according to his single released tax return of one year. We're not even sure how many enormous houses he owns. Houses as big as those requires a "staff".

See the difference?????

Had no one been attacking Bain and private equity Dean, Corey Booker would have had no reason to call the attacks "nauseating" leading, as I'm sure you DON'T know, to one ranking Obama administration official to utter the words "he(Booker) is dead to us".

Give it a rest with the incessant cover already.

Forum List

Back