Confessions of a reactionary Black Conservative

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Dante, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Dante

Dante On leave Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    Confessions of a reactionary Black Conservative

"I became a conservative because I disliked what I saw as the culture of victimology on the left, the tendency to blame all social problems on racism, sexism, anti-Semitism or homophobia. I felt the left promoted a “grievance industry” that encouraged minority groups to hate members of the majority."

---

Robbed of Credibility
    By D.R. Tucker

What did they see that I didn’t see?

Years ago, I’d get into huge arguments with liberals, particularly black liberals, over Rush Limbaugh’s views on race. Liberals would insist that Limbaugh’s rhetoric was racially inflammatory and that he seemed to look down upon black people. I always responded that nothing Limbaugh said or did fit a traditional definition of racism, and that while Limbaugh said and did things that were certainly politically incorrect, he was not a bigot. Rush Limbaugh: Guest Blogger: D.R. Tucker's "Robbed of Credibility"

2. Dante

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    I was repulsed when I learned that Limbaugh had depicted Obama as a burglar on the cover of the August 2011 issue of his publication, The Limbaugh Letter. Some images are politically incorrect but not bigoted. This image was bigoted. Rush Limbaugh: Guest Blogger: D.R. Tucker's "Robbed of Credibility"

--------------

So much for how smart conservatives are.

3. Dante

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,054
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::;