A Deal For Saddam?

IControlThePast said:
Despite many people in the Middle East not liking us, there are still quite a few of them who are not terrorists, but have potential to become terrorists if we don't watch our actions. If we put him in the meatgrinder, we're just saying to them that we're just another Saddam by a different name.

Nobody here has proposed not killing Saddam. Even I say it is an acceptable punishment. But how does executing him with a bullet to the head instead of a meatgrinder "tie our troops hands behind their backs," and not "bring back more troops alive?"

That "potential terrorists" argument doesn't fly with me. They're adults. They can live or die by the consequences of their actions, but I'll be damned if I'm going to hamstring my army to mollify them.

Dude, please get a sense of humor. If you're in doubt, ask. The comment about the chipper was made in jest.

Why have you completely ignored the fact I suggested putting a bullet in his head in my last post, and focussed on an off-the-cuff comment made earlier? How was I to know there was a literalist lurking about?

Superstar said:
That "potential terrorists" argument doesn't fly with me. They're adults. They can live or die by the consequences of their actions, but I'll be damned if I'm going to hamstring my army to mollify them.

Dude, please get a sense of humor. If you're in doubt, ask. The comment about the chipper was made in jest.

Why have you completely ignored the fact I suggested putting a bullet in his head in my last post, and focussed on an off-the-cuff comment made earlier? How was I to know there was a literalist lurking about?

You don't have to hamstring the army to make them happy.

Sorry, I am not used to start looking for jest without some sort of indicative emoticons, and I don't anticipate people to argue the point if it is.

I didn't ignore it, I posted it to show I agreed with you, but disagreed with using torture as someone else had said in jest.

How was I to know people here don't use emoticons :p.

nosarcasm said:
torture is always a disgrace. Those who support it are pieces
of shit imo.

Yeah, well, now define "torture." Putting Saddam in a chipper would be more "cruel and unusual punishment" to me. And there are those who would believe it justified. I am not one of them. I see it as pointless and not expedient.

I believe he has forefeit his right to live among other human beings by his actions. I wouldn't hesitate to be the one to drop the hammer on him, IF the verdict and judgement declares that is just punishment.

Superstar said:
Yeah, well, now define "torture." Putting Saddam in a chipper would be more "cruel and unusual punishment" to me. And there are those who would believe it justified. I am not one of them. I see it as pointless and not expedient.

I believe he has forefeit his right to live among other human beings by his actions. I wouldn't hesitate to be the one to drop the hammer on him, IF the verdict and judgement declares that is just punishment.

I agree that the just punishment for Saddams gassing of the Kurds
women and children, evidence of that I saw on Tv deserves nothing
else then death.

Still torture is something that is a breech of morals that I do not
support for any reason.

It is a slippery slope and torturing one innocent is not worth
the revenge that evil man might deserve.

nosarcasm said:
I agree that the just punishment for Saddams gassing of the Kurds
women and children, evidence of that I saw on Tv deserves nothing
else then death.

Still torture is something that is a breech of morals that I do not
support for any reason.

It is a slippery slope and torturing one innocent is not worth
the revenge that evil man might deserve.

Exactly, but now you're gonna have all these lighthearted folks yelling at you for not being lighthearted enough about a joke.

Forum List

Back