A Crucial Job Skill?

Our twin's school recommends learning Mandarin Chinese, French or Arabic, all three are highly sought after

Learn an Indian language and you still won't get a job if you're not an Indian.

As the world becomes more globalized, will language skills become indispensable for applicants of the future? Things seem to be trending in that direction.

College grads with foreign language skills will have better job prospects

Especially at the Federal Level.

Federal Law Enforcement and Intelligence agencies are screaming for applicants with foreign language skills, as well as Law Degrees.

Get either, or both, and you can write your own ticket.

The key to the job market - is to be marketable. If you are not marketable, if you don't have an application or resume worth competing with......don't waste your time with the job interview.

In todays world, the job hiring process is backwards - and experience does not count, but the education does. If one has 5 years work experience, and another person is only 22 years of age.... and has a 4 year degree, the person with the 4 year degree gets the job, no matter how much experience the 1st person has.

Education looks better on paper. People with College degrees are more marketable, and in demand - than those whom have been in the work force for 5 to 7 years.

If you are in your upper 40s and applying for a job, more than likely you are at a disadvantage than someone whom is in the upper 20s to mid and late 30s in age.

Prejudice and favoritism does happen in the job application process, I have seen it myself previously.

Shadow 355

As the world becomes more globalized, will language skills become indispensable for applicants of the future? Things seem to be trending in that direction.

Yea but no one speaks Cantonese anymore dingbat

???

As usual, you make no sense, fish.
Thus spake the Liberal/Conservative Unkotare.

The latter, not the former.

???

You are too forgiving of open borders and business visa friendly for me.
But I guess that IS what Conservatism is all about...the wallet.

???

You are too forgiving of open borders and business visa friendly for me.

And who the hell are you?

I have NEVER advocated for or condoned open borders, by the way.

It's always beneficial to speak more than one language

The question is, which languages are most advantageous for the job-seekers of the near future?
There are benefits to each of them. The U.S. does business all over the planet after all. I suppose what language someone should learn depends on what field they want to go into or what type of work they want to do.

It's always beneficial to speak more than one language

The question is, which languages are most advantageous for the job-seekers of the near future?
There are benefits to each of them. The U.S. does business all over the planet after all. I suppose what language someone should learn depends on what field they want to go into or what type of work they want to do.
Or what kind of women they like. If you go to an Asian country just remember boom boom and yum yum.

???

You're a liberal? Who would have known!

Forum List

Back