CDZ A Comprehensive Look At The Uneven Playing Field

The playing field hasn't been....and is still not....even.
Be specific and show me in writing where the Government has the authority to "level" the supposed playing field. With up to 70 percent of young black men committing crimes it is NOT my job nor the Governments to help them out, they CHOSE to do drugs, they CHOSE not to go to school, they CHOSE to make multiple women pregnant and abandon the child, they CHOSE to commit crimes. Poor white people do NOT commit crime and do drugs or drop out of school at a percent even close to what blacks do. It is time they got off their asses and took responsibility for actions and it is time you bleeding heart Liberals stopped codling them and enabling them. Before 1967 black families were one of the strongest social groupings around, they worked hard and they went to school. Since the advent of the supposed HELP from the Government that has gone to shit. YOU are NOT helping.

The playing field hasn't been....and is still not....even.
Be specific and show me in writing where the Government has the authority to "level" the supposed playing field. With up to 70 percent of young black men committing crimes it is NOT my job nor the Governments to help them out, they CHOSE to do drugs, they CHOSE not to go to school, they CHOSE to make multiple women pregnant and abandon the child, they CHOSE to commit crimes. Poor white people do NOT commit crime and do drugs or drop out of school at a percent even close to what blacks do. It is time they got off their asses and took responsibility for actions and it is time you bleeding heart Liberals stopped codling them and enabling them. Before 1967 black families were one of the strongest social groupings around, they worked hard and they went to school. Since the advent of the supposed HELP from the Government that has gone to shit. YOU are NOT helping.

Would you please provide the credible references that show them each to be accurate?

Below are the claims you made and for which I'd like to see the credible references that show them to be accurate. As you can see, I have merely replaced the personal pronoun "they" with the compound noun that in the post above it refers to.
  • [young black men committing crimes] CHOSE to do drugs,
  • [young black men committing crimes]CHOSE not to go to school,
  • [young black men committing crimes] CHOSE to make multiple women pregnant and abandon the child,
  • [young black men committing crimes] CHOSE to commit crimes.
  • Poor white people do NOT commit crime and do drugs or drop out of school at a percent even close to what blacks do.

Sorry but the stats are public record and been posted more times then I can count on this board. . You might try the FBI stats the crime file stats and several other free open and available references.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry but the stats are public record and been posted more times then I can count on this board. . You might try the FBI stats the crime file stats and several other free open and available references.

You're the one making the claim. If you don't want to back it up, that's you "choosing" not to stand behind your false "facts."

Last edited by a moderator:

You're the one making the claim. If you don't want to back it up, that's you "choosing" not to stand behind your false "facts."
So if you ask me to prove the sky is blue I would need to respond? Sorry but the FACTS are in evidence have been presented so many times as to make the demand they be presented again ridiculous. Try reading the FBI stats. I mean they have only been posted reposted linked to and talked about by dozens of threads and people.

Why Trump Won't Get Black People's Votes:

Of the several black folks with whom I've spoken -- folks with whom I grew up and have known since I was a kid (I'm nearly 60 now) and the parents of children I mentor -- about Trump have all said they were last year willing to give Trump a chance, a few were optimistic about him, but for as often as he comes and has come to D.C., he's not once made an effort to speak to blacks in D.C. I mean really, the D.C./Balto area, has enough black folks in it to have put Maryland "in play" for Trump. He's come to D.C. a lot; NYC is just 30 minutes away by plane, yet he made no effort at all to win D.C.'s 19 GOP primary delegates.

But last night, Trump got on TV and said he's asking for the votes of black folks. He didn't appear to want blacks' votes for over a year, but now he thinks asking for them is all it takes to get them. Puh-lease....​
I don't expect any of the presidential candidates to come and visit me or my neighborhood personally. It is up to me to listen/research the candidates and pick which one I think is best.

With regard to the context of this thread -- black folks and their fortunes -- the economic story is mixed.

160315142609-chart-unemployment-rate-falls-780x439.jpg

At 8.8% in February, the share of jobless black Americans is the lowest its been since April 2008. While the unemployment rate for blacks is still higher than it is for whites, it's far lower than the 17.3% rate reported in January 2010.

160315142616-chart-median-income-for-blacks-780x439.jpg

Blacks have seen their median income stagnate, along with the rest of the population. Median income stood at $35,398 in 2014, just a touch below where it was in 2009, when Obama took office. But it has climbed back from $33,926 in 2011.

I think the chart above says it all if one understands the reality and the extant history black Americans face. I think for many if not most black folks, the situation now is seen through the lens of "Jim Crow," "separate but equal," lynchings, and forced segregation. From that vantage point, and seeing a black President, along with myriad wildly and typically successful blacks, America looks pretty good and the current circumstances, while not perfect by any means, are yet a world apart from the U.S. 20-something and younger blacks' parents and grandparents knew and describe.

Now if someone comes along with a clear plan with some "meat on the bone" explaining how they'll directly address this....

160125130136-racial-wealth-gap-780x439.jpg

...Blacks may well be willing to give them a chance if they also are credible.

Trump claims to want to be a part of fixing that, but he's not offering any details that give blacks comfort. If one were to ask me, I'd say it isn't particularly hard for Trump or anyone else to find out how to be credible to the black community. What worked for me when I first began to mentor young black kids in D.C. was my just asking them and their mothers/parents, "What will you need to see from me for you to trust that I have yours and your child's best interests in mind?" One'd be amazed what one can learn just by asking. Just as the kids couldn't become great students and responsible individuals without my showing them and they sincerely following through on the input I gave them, I couldn't gain their trust without their showing me how to do so and in turn sincerely following their instructions.

That's how one creates "win-win" situations, which is a critical success factor in business. Trump should know that and know how to apply it to running for office, but I don't see any evidence of that. All I see is Trump telling everyone "stuff," but asking for their input on nothing, other than a vote.

Let's be real. There is absolutely NOTHING a non Democratic candidate could do to sway the majority of blacks. NOTHING.

IF 88% of ANY group consistently votes for one single party, especially a party that has done NOTHING of value for that group, there is something wrong with that group. That's just a fact.

As in..... middle American whites consistently voting for trickle-down economics that don't trickle down?
If a lie is repeated enough ...............

So if you ask me to prove the sky is blue I would need to respond? Sorry but the FACTS are in evidence have been presented so many times as to make the demand they be presented again ridiculous. Try reading the FBI stats. I mean they have only been posted reposted linked to and talked about by dozens of threads and people.

That's how they argue man. They argue that you have to prove that stats that everyone KNOWS are true, actually are true. To avoid the actual conversation.

Why Trump Won't Get Black People's Votes:

Of the several black folks with whom I've spoken -- folks with whom I grew up and have known since I was a kid (I'm nearly 60 now) and the parents of children I mentor -- about Trump have all said they were last year willing to give Trump a chance, a few were optimistic about him, but for as often as he comes and has come to D.C., he's not once made an effort to speak to blacks in D.C. I mean really, the D.C./Balto area, has enough black folks in it to have put Maryland "in play" for Trump. He's come to D.C. a lot; NYC is just 30 minutes away by plane, yet he made no effort at all to win D.C.'s 19 GOP primary delegates.

But last night, Trump got on TV and said he's asking for the votes of black folks. He didn't appear to want blacks' votes for over a year, but now he thinks asking for them is all it takes to get them. Puh-lease....​
I don't expect any of the presidential candidates to come and visit me or my neighborhood personally. It is up to me to listen/research the candidates and pick which one I think is best.

Well, I personally don't either, and neither do the individual black folks whom I know expect a candidate to come to their neighborhood or city. That's especially so as most folks whom I know period -- black, white, whatever -- live in D.C., NYC, L.A., Chicago, Boston, etc., in other words, all electorally irrelevant places from a campaigning standpoint. For myself, if a candidate is talking, I pretty well know that, except when expressly stated otherwise, whatever and wherever a candidate stumps/speaks, my "issues" are among those to which s/he is sympathetic, if not empathetic.

The candidate could even be speaking before a 100% black or Latino audience and I would still not feel overlooked. How could I? I'm white; he's white; half the country's white. No candidate is going to do a damn thing without considering its impact on the well being and fortunes of white folks, even if they do something that does adversely affect a lot of white folks. Also, I know Trump and Mrs. Clinton both "relate" to the white experience, so I'm not worried about whether either of them "understands white folks and our 'needs.'" The fact is that literally everyone understands the general experience of the (generic) white American male; they "get it" because they live it or because they see it and what it to be their experience too.

The black and Latino folks whom I know, however, do expect that the candidates will appear before and speak directly to some large body or two of black/Latino folks, be it done via an organization's convention such as the NAACP's or La Raza's, or be it done merely in a place having huge minority populations like Watts, Nogales, AZ, Miami, the 9th Ward in NOLA, downtown Detroit, Baltimore, Jackson, MS, Birmingham, etc.. It doesn't for any of them need to be specifically their city or organization. I think minorities living in Detroit and Miami, however, would be pretty shocked not to have Trump visit them seeing as they are both "battleground" states, but I also think they'd be okay were it a different but very similar city that Trump visited.

Now were I hazarding a guess about why Trump has for 16 months refrained from addressing primarily minority audiences, I'd say that it's because he doesn't want the cameras around to show him getting booed. I don't think it's so much that he would be that plucked by the boos, but rather that the instant the whole country sees a stadium or convention all, or gymnasium full of blacks, Latinos, or any other identity group booing, Trump's believability when claiming "we're doing great with [insert minority group]" will go from dubious to nonexistent. It's a matter of multidimensional ignorant bliss.

Forum List

Back