A commentary on LIBYA....

Ed Spacer

Rookie
Jan 16, 2012
georgia
Okay,I am sure I may get skewed on this topic.
But,I have a friend who recently came back from Libya.
Says things ARE HORRIBLE there,compared to Gaddafi's rule.

Thank you,wannabe POTUS.

This is the deal,let's get the negatives out of the way furst-

1.Yes,he was commiting acts of terror,no doubt about it.
2.Lockerbee flight bombing.
3.Pushed Reagan's buttons,and he slapped him.

Now,this is what happened under Gaddafi rule-
1.Despite being a megalomaniac,GADDAFI LOVED HIS PEOPLE AND ADORDED HIS NATION.
A.Libyan citizens got oil royalties.
B.NO ISLAMIC LAW.
C.all couples announcing intentions of marriage received a $50,000.00 gift from GADDAFI.
D.when push came to shove,GADDAFI CAVED,COUGHED UP ALL LIBYAN NUKES,WORKED WITH ALL COALITION PARTNERS in giving up alquedas and providing valuable intel on terror networks in Libya and the Algiers.
E.paid reparations for all victims of what he admitted was a terrorist act in the BILLIONS with a public apology.
F.cooperated in anyway,shape,and form.
G.there was no gender submission.

And obama got rid of him?

Lpok,im not making excuses for Gaddafi,but,if obama is reelected,youre putting an illegal occupier back in office on the.side of terror.

Did you expect anything else??

Once these dirtbag countries get rid of their rulers HORRIBLE is what you are left with.

"Lpok,im not making excuses for Gaddafi,but,if obama is reelected,youre putting an illegal occupier back in office on the.side of terror"

And if he should retain Joe Biden as his VP, you can expect more of this kind of history:

"Dr. Charles KRAUTHAMMER: The Vice President, has been, over the last 30 years holds the American record for wrong on the most issues in foreign affairs ever. And the list starts with the nuclear freeze in the early ’80s against Thatcher and Reagan and Cole which is one of the follies of the era. He supported it.

He was against aid to the Nicaraguan Contras which in the end brought democracy and ended the Sandinista rule at the time. He was against Reagan’s expansion of the defense budget, which bankrupted the Soviet Union and led to the end of the Soviet Empire. He was against Reagan on Strategic Defenses, which is the big advantage that we have now in the missile age.

And look at where he was on Iraq. He opposed the first Iraq War, the Gulf War that liberated Kuwait that everybody agrees was a good thing. He supported the Iraq War which he, not I, he says was a terrible mistake. And then when the surge happened, he opposed the surge in Iraq which rescued a losing war and ended with our leaving with our heads held high and some promise in the future."

A video of Krauthammer saying the above, is only one click away.

Krauthammer: Biden Holds "American Record For Wrong On The Most Issues In Foreign Affairs Ever" | RealClearPolitics

• Banned
Let me tell you the hypocrisy.
this admin supports regimes that force women to be subsurvient,but yet attempt to exploit womens rights for votes.
tragic fail.

So...

Qaddafi waged war on his own citizens. Qaddafi sponsored a terrorist network. Qaddafi defied United Nations sanctions and resolutions.

Aren't those the very same rationalizations used to invade Iraq and depose Saddam Hussein?

Bush invested American blood to rid Iraq of a similar dictator doing similar things. But Obama is criticized for aiding the Lybian Resistance movement who deposed Qaddafi.

Can the Right Wingers here who criticize Obama see the parallels? What should we conclude about the Iraq invasion and occupation as compared to Libya?

Forum List

Back